We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do Captains just have a higher miss chance?

Especially with Shadow's Lament and Inspire, those seem to miss way more than any other skill.

I have not any particular problems, with same level (or +1) mobs and like 300 agility.
    How much agility do you have?
    Keorl of Dwarrowdelf - 105 Captain Rank 10
    Erkenwald of Dwarrowdelf - 100 Hunter Rank 3
    Salvar of Dwarrowdelf - 65 Guardian Rank 2

Everyone has the same base miss chance, but unless you go out of your way to get it, you're likely to have less Agility than a Champ, and obviously much less than a Hunter or Burglar. Since Agility reduces your miss chance, that can make it seem like Captains miss more often.

Another explanation is that you're fighting mobs above your level or mobs tagged signature or elite. Base miss chance is a function of the level difference between you and the target. If they're higher in level than you, you're more likely to miss.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I think miss also has something to do with a target being out of range but the lag shows it as in range. I fought a reaver where I "missed" him the entire time until I died, then lag caught up and he was not where I thought he was. I missed every and all of my attacks. I also wonder if the same thing happens when a fast moving creep moves in and out of range. Our attack speed is so miserably and ridiculously slow that I wonder if the same thing is happening. Even with 2 attack speed runes an enemy can move into range enough for SL to start animation but the target is out of range before it ends. It seems to either end in a miss or the skill reverts and doesn't go on cd.
    Last edited by Armitas; Sep 30 2012 at 12:03 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I think miss also has something to do with a target being out of range but the lag shows it as in range. I fought a reaver where I "missed" him the entire time until I died, then lag caught up and he was not where I thought he was. I missed every and all of my attacks. I also wonder if the same thing happens when a fast moving creep moves in and out of range. Our attack speed is so miserably and ridiculously slow that I wonder if the same thing is happening. Even with 2 attack speed runes an enemy can move into range enough for SL to start animation but the target is out of range before it ends. It seems to either end in a miss or the skill reverts and doesn't go on cd.
    what type of weapon do you use? halberd?
    Kraken, Thesungodra

I use a halberd. Before I made it I tested sword vs halberd. I did 10 dummy rounds with each weapon and came up even on misses...actually the sword missed 1 more than the hally.. What ever value the lower miss is it wasn't powerful enough for me to see.

Does the dmg phase of the animation differ at all? If it did I might go sword just for that, though with ror i'll have no choice but to go sword any way. bye bye back up interrupt.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]