We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Faking Multiple Parts

So fat lute is having some issues right now. I'm having a hard time finding multiple part songs now. I clearly am typing the wrong thing in google. I found instructions online how to sync, now my question is, how to fake it? Like for example, I found ghostbusters but its only one part. I don't really get how to save synchronized music, I have to make a new file? What I'm looking to do is maybe have my kinmates each save their own file like ghostbusters part 2, ghostbusters part 3. Can anyone explain how to set up synchronization? Thanks, I've never used it till now.

I will explain it as best I can.....

1st all have to download there part and save it

2nd you all have to join into fellowship

3rd all have to get into music stance then type this /play "songname" sync

4th once all are into sync mode whomever you designate as leader types in /playstart

and that should do it hope it helps

If you want to play multiple parts of a song you will need to make sure the parts are from the same arrangement of the song, or have people play the same part on different instruments If you do the later you won't need to worry about making a new file, just there will be 2 (or 3/4/5/etc) players/instruments who use the same file, just they will need to each have it saved on their computers of course.
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

Easiest way to play in sync.

Use "Songbook" plugin.

Everyone has it, everyone clicks music mode. everyone clicks song , everyone click sync play. One person starts.

You can also just use different instruments and play the same arrangement. So, if you all have the same version of ghostbusters, and play different instruments, it'll sound alright. You will want to experiment before you try performing for an audience. Many of the solo arrangements work find as duos and trios with a lute, harp and theorbo. (played many of them this way)

Edit:

If you want to find songbook, you can google "songbook plugin" and that should get it for you (I just did and it was the first listing)

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info380-.html

Once I got it working, I have not had any issues with it. It runs regardless of the updates.
    Last edited by Khorgrim; Sep 28 2012 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone! I have the plugin and tried it but the person testing it out with me didn't have it and it didn't sychronize, i'll tell him to install and we'll retry it that way!

I have used the Songbook plugin to play in sync with a person who didn't use it and haven't had any problems. I have read of some people finding it does sometimes mess things a little but haven't read a full account of what the problems were (or potential causes).
    Just remember to update the Songbook library each time you add songs to your music folder (or any changes such as alter song files, add sub folders, delete songs etc).
    Hope you get it all to work!
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

We have a great community of musicians here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/ABC_Music_Source/index/

If you have a question or are looking for good music to play, we have that and more.

You can also take a look at the "Songbook of Laurelin" ( http://s1.zetaboards.com/Songbook_of_Laurelin/index/ ), in particular at the "How To Start Your Musical Abilities" and the "Problems and solutions" Forum sections, which has over 4 years of conversations of Tutorials, Multiple Midi and ABC programs, and much, much more.

Hopefully we'll see TheFatLute.com back up very soon. TFL has a great basic ABC tutorial for beginners as well!
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Keptwise Wandering[/COLOR] of the Fallohides
    [COLOR=#ffd700]Director of The Eriador Music Society[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#ffd700][B]Elendilmir & Landroval[/B][/COLOR]
    [U][URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/EriadorMusicSociety/index/"][COLOR=#40e0d0]http://s1.zetaboards.com/EriadorMusicSociety/index/[/COLOR][/URL][/U] - [B]The official Home of EMS[/B]