We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Premium account changed to free account

38 days before I bought the MoM expansion pack in the lotro market for IRL money.

I got a premium account with 3+2 charachter slots, and everything which is given for a Premium account (like login, mails, +5 AH place ...).

today when I logged in I received message to choose 4 of my 5 charachter to which would I have to have like available.

I realized that I have free account again. just 2+2 char slot, slower login, limited mail, no +5 AH place and so on.

But I should stay premium forever, if I once buy something. not?

Turbine names as "premium" what you are now. There are three kinds of subscriptions:

Free: Only 2 character slots, 3 bags per character, 2 gold coins cap...
    Premium: Having spent some money in the game in any way you get one more character slot and 5 gold cap
    VIP: While you are paying a subscription (or during the free month that comes with the hard-to-find version of MoM) you have access to every quest pack, 5 inventory bags, trait slots, swift travel, no gold cap...
    -Back to premium from VIP: you keep almost everything you had as VIP except Ettenmoors access and any quest pack you didn't purchase.

So you do have the best kind of situation now, in my opinion. Later you can buy quest packs and a new character slot to bring back that stranded character.

You can check this outdated information http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html

There must be some obscure account system bug that can VERY very rarely cause a Premium account to revert to Free, which is normally impossible. Once your account is Premium, it should never be Free again. (It happened to me once after myaccount.turbine.com system underwent maintenance.)

This issue may fix itself on its own (for me it was mysteriously back to Premium 3 days later), or you can contact Account Support at http://support.turbine.com/ to fix it for you.

No. I have now a free account in your and turbine naming. 2 char slot and 2 for MoM. but till yesterday I was in premium 3 + 2 char, becaus I spent money for this game.

So 1 char slot and the premium advantages I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    There must be some obscure account system bug that can VERY very rarely cause a Premium account to revert to Free, which is normally impossible. Once your account is Premium, it should never be Free again. (It happened to me once after myaccount.turbine.com system underwent maintenance.)

This issue may fix itself on its own (for me it was mysteriously back to Premium 3 days later), or you can contact Account Support at http://support.turbine.com/ to fix it for you.
    Thanks I sent a ticket and wait.

But I am happy that the game have bug, and not I

Ah, right, I forgot those 2 char slots come from the Moria expansion. It sure seems like a bug, report it.

I have the exact same thing after the RoR update, was your problem fixed?

submit a ticket or phone support and they will fix it for you
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

Cool

Fixed!

I am free again

Got MoM expansion time ago, even was ViP for a month, now i come back and i am free, and my characters are gone

Quote Originally Posted by lotroito View Post
    Got MoM expansion time ago, even was ViP for a month, now i come back and i am free, and my characters are gone
    Make sure you are logged in using the same username and password you used before. If you have more than one subscription on your account, check to make sure that you have the correct one.

Also, were you playing from the EU, and got your account via Codemasters? If so, then I'm sorry to tell you that Turbine took over from Codemasters nearly 2 years ago. You had 6 months to migrate your account and characters before Codemasters shut things down and destroyed the data.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    Make sure you are logged in using the same username and password you used before. If you have more than one subscription on your account, check to make sure that you have the correct one.

Also, were you playing from the EU, and got your account via Codemasters? If so, then I'm sorry to tell you that Turbine took over from Codemasters nearly 2 years ago. You had 6 months to migrate your account and characters before Codemasters shut things down and destroyed the data.
    Look at the date they joined. That is their original account and is from before the EU migration.

When you say your "characters are gone", do you mean you that youa can't find any of your characters, or that you have lost two character slots.

If it is the first case, then are you sure you are logging in to to the right server?
    TANSTAAFL

Given the Apr 2007 join date that's showing up, my guess would be you had created a free account while the game was in beta, then later made a new account when you started playing after the game was live (perhaps when you purchased MoM). You're logging into your beta account rather than your newer one that you upgraded.