We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The lootbox conundrum

So recently i was playing on my loremaster more, and i killed someone in angmar. I looted him, and i found a lvl 50-59 lootbox, which is great. A day later, on my lvl 15 warden, i got a lvl 10-19 lootbox, which is again great. I want to open them, but i have no keys, and i can only afford one. also i need money to buy a goat for moria, so i considered selling the higher ranked one on the AH and buying a key for the worse one, but im not completely sure what to do. Any ideas?
    Last edited by warinthenorth; Sep 29 2012 at 09:46 AM.

Sell them both.

Sell them both before you get disappointed by an ugly cosmetic or worse. if you get a key from mob...sell that too!

Unfortunately, I think the consensus will be you should sell them both. Very few people are happy about the loot boxes and certainly wont recommend you pay turbine points for any keys. As a player of 4 years now, I got the anniv gift boxes with 3 bound keys for each toon. I will use those up on boxes i get from kills, but i wont open any others after that till Turbine assures us the contents have been improved/scaled to our levels. Stuff I got was nothing to get too excited about.

It sounds like you could use the money and TPs so probably best not to be tempted and go ahead and sell. Since the keys found on any mob can be used on any level loot-box, those will be worth much more (5-6 gold depending on server) so unload those for the people openning lvl 70+ boxes. They are rich anyway.

Good luck getting the goat!

Dedicated to the Acquisition, Training, and Breeding of all manner of Goats...

Think I have 7 loot boxes ranging from bronze{?} to gold. One of the bronze ones I have had for 5-6 months. I have yet to find many keys{2}, wont pay TP for one because I have actually unlocked 3 loot boxes and never got anything worth TP. The last one I open I had to buy with event coins from the treasure hunt. I'd put them up on the AH but that would be too much like selling a pig in a poke.

Horse in lootbox

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Think I have 7 loot boxes ranging from bronze{?} to gold. One of the bronze ones I have had for 5-6 months. I have yet to find many keys{2}, wont pay TP for one because I have actually unlocked 3 loot boxes and never got anything worth TP. The last one I open I had to buy with event coins from the treasure hunt. I'd put them up on the AH but that would be too much like selling a pig in a poke.
    I have previously ALWAYS sold any keys or lootbox's after hearing it isnt worth opening but last night I got a box from evendim - level 30 gold bound lootbox and decided just for a change I would open it - I got a RED PAINTED SKELETON HORSE!
    Guess I was one of the lucky ones - but its good to know it does happen.