We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brandywine: No homes in Bree OR the Shire apparently since 2010

I read a thread complaining that there has been no housing available in Bree on Brandywine since 2010...and there still isn't. Nor is there any in the Shire. I see plenty available in Thorins and a few available in the Elf area, but I truly don't care for either of those areas.

I read about how the system works but what I don't understand is...why can't additional housing be made available just where it is needed? Some people prefer one area over the others and it doesn't seem right to force them to either not get a house or to buy one in an area they do not like.

Same story on Gilrain, I'm looking for middle size hobbit hole and there is only 1 available on the whole server. It's a shame to see 9/10 houses aren't even used due the failed of paying their upkeeps

Or Turbine should make more homesteads or they should empty those houses that are locked due the failment of their owners upkeeps.

Please Turbine, we would really like to see some comments on this topic!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000004bd4e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"What do we say to the god of death? Not today!"

As a player on Brandywine,I;m sorry to hear/read this. Maybe the lack of housing,is due to overcrowding and overpopulation.

I shold move to a different server.

I am a new player and was able to get a standard house on Brandywine. It is ridiculous but if you faithfully check the vendors every day in the Shire/Bree, you should come across an open ( standard ) house within a couple of weeks. As for deluxe....I haven't seen an open one yet in those areas.

I had thought part of the reason & technology/system behind the Escrow agents would also be a means to store items on the NPC of players who have failed to pay rent after 'X' amount of weeks. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to continue to allow a player to own a home after extended period of time and not freeing it up for an active player to use - especially so when you consider the game is free-to-play.
    Quavosh Leafcull - Elf Hunter, Level 91 ~ Brandywine

The rent scheme is an obsolete, zombie mechanic (well, most things "housing" are...). Turbine's apparent policy is now to assure any player that they will be able to start right where they left off if they left for a long duration with all they gained still in their possession.

This includes housing.

Barring the opening of new neighborhood instances (doubtful), availability will not increase.

Still keep an eye out for housing on this server, there is hope. Past couple days I was able to get a deluxe in Bree & one in the Shire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Still keep an eye out for housing on this server, there is hope. Past couple days I was able to get a deluxe in Bree & one in the Shire.
    What time of day do you usually check? I usually log on for a very short time in the morning, and for a longer period later in the evening. I usually check in the evening, but have had no luck so far.
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"][B]Brandywine[/B]: Odowulf (100), Nedferth (100); Odomuil (100), Odomur, Odomino, Odolicious, Odobuck, Odomattic, Odometer, Odocentric ( Fellowship of Rogues[/COLOR]) |[COLOR="#FFD700"][B]Crickhollow[/B]: Odolas (100), Odominous, Odobearpig, Odobow, Odobrand, Odochamp, Odowar, Odoworf, Odovious (Knights Who Say Ni) [/COLOR]

To ask a Really stupid question ...
    BUT

how can you tell if a house is ineligable for purchase due to someone being lock-ed out for an extended period of time?

honest question, I would like to know.

this appears to be a huge problem.

thanks in advance
    When in Danger, When in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream & Shout

Quote Originally Posted by RavnDottir View Post
    To ask a Really stupid question ...
    BUT

how can you tell if a house is ineligable for purchase due to someone being lock-ed out for an extended period of time?

honest question, I would like to know.

this appears to be a huge problem.

thanks in advance
    If you put a houseowner's name on your friends list, you'll then see the last time they logged in. In many cases it is months, some even years since they were last in the game.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Abiyah View Post
    If you put a houseowner's name on your friends list, you'll then see the last time they logged in. In many cases it is months, some even years since they were last in the game.
    OH .. OK thanks

so, to take it further ..
    you can then go to the community & find who owns that character & see if they are playing other characters on that server (if they are visible) .. thus creating a more secure info thread .. in case the one who owns the house is an alt to a main.

I have started toons & decided I was having MUCH more fun with a different one on that server (same account).

I can see how this can be a real issue, esp. if rent isnt being paid.
    That goes against the way things were designed, I suspect.

hummmmmmmmmmm

this is starting to sound complicated
    Last edited by RavnDottir; Oct 24 2012 at 05:44 PM.

The problem isn't overpopulation, it's bad decisions by Turbine.

First, they made a promise (apparently) that no one would ever be evicted from their house, as a concession to those who are in the military.

Second, they made it impossible to actually abandon the house until the unpaid upkeep is paid off. Thus, people just ignore the house rather than bankrupting themselves, meaning it sits unused forever.

Third, they refuse to listen to the MANY suggestions, requests and outright outrage of those of us who actually WANT to make use of the housing. They've been ignoring us, and ignoring many excellent ideas for YEARS now. Here we have the launch of yet another expansion, and they didn't even bother to free up housing or add new neighbourhoods (which would only be a temporary solution anyway).

I've said it elsewhere, here it is again.

First, they need to change things so ESCROW is permanent. Your house gets reclaimed, everything in it goes into escrow where it will remain forever until claimed.

Second, they need to actually reclaim houses that have gone unpaid for a specific period. I'm a fan of 1-3 months, but some have suggested a year. Any longer than that is too long.

That would free up a HUGE number of houses right away, and would ensure sufficient turnover to allow newer players to get into the housing game (such as it is - it really needs to be expanded on).

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamo View Post

First, they need to change things so ESCROW is permanent. Your house gets reclaimed, everything in it goes into escrow where it will remain forever until claimed.

Second, they need to actually reclaim houses that have gone unpaid for a specific period. I'm a fan of 1-3 months, but some have suggested a year. Any longer than that is too long.

That would free up a HUGE number of houses right away, and would ensure sufficient turnover to allow newer players to get into the housing game (such as it is - it really needs to be expanded on).

I'm 100% behind this proposal. I'm also a fan of 1-3 months. Any longer is too long. Provide an auto generated email system when your rent comes due. Also create an email to warn of losing your house.

Turbine, listen to your player base.

First, they made a promise (apparently) that no one would ever be evicted from their house, as a concession to those who are in the military.

Second, they made it impossible to actually abandon the house until the unpaid upkeep is paid off. Thus, people just ignore the house rather than bankrupting themselves, meaning it sits unused forever.

Third, they refuse to listen to the MANY suggestions, requests and outright outrage of those of us who actually WANT to make use of the housing. They've been ignoring us, and ignoring many excellent ideas for YEARS now. Here we have the launch of yet another expansion, and they didn't even bother to free up housing or add new neighbourhoods (which would only be a temporary solution anyway).

WOW .. I didnt know about the 2nd bit - repayment of lost time (the 1st I can understand - for the military) ...

However .. I agree with your solutions & I hope to see them implented.
    Thanks for a better understanding.

Wyllo
    Last edited by RavnDottir; Oct 25 2012 at 10:27 AM.

On another server I use to play on, one of my houses was needing upkeep paid, was a week behind & I was able to abandon the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Odowulf View Post
    What time of day do you usually check? I usually log on for a very short time in the morning, and for a longer period later in the evening. I usually check in the evening, but have had no luck so far.
    I check multiple times throughout the day.

4 Long Street in Bree is available right now GOGOGOGOGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    On another server I use to play on, one of my houses was needing upkeep paid, was a week behind & I was able to abandon the house.
    Perhaps they changed that, then. Good to hear.

It is the same everywhere. I went around my neighbourhood and I have not found a single house that has paid upkeep.
    Turbine should do something about these dead places, it is so gloomy.
    [I]"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."[/I]

I'm actually really suprised they didn't do something about this when Rohan launched.

It's becoming laughable. At least tell us something. If we're being made to wait because you're working on something awesome, then tell us, so we're not left out here fuming and feeling ignored. If you're not, at least tell us, so we can fume without feeling ignored as well.

IMO

Unless they can figure out a way to tie housing to the point store, there will be no changes.

If they do change anything it will not be made public until a Dev Blog is published or it hits the beta server.

Turbine has learned from experience not to discuss long range plans or anything really until it is almost 100% sure to happen. Can't blame them really. They could still do a better job with communication though.

:/

I've spent a decent amount of money on this game, but am still a fairly new player. I was really looking forward to getting a house in Bree. I don't have the time to dedicate that a lot of other players do, but I've still managed to log on and check for buyable houses every couple of hours or so.

I've seen nothing in the past week :/

I would really love to see a devs response to this. You would think that since it is such a populated server, this issue would receive SOME feedback of some sort at least.

Please devs, come tell us what you can / will do about this, or at least update us on why you aren't able to at the moment. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we would really appreciate that.

I was visiting houses in my neighborhood last night and found many deluxe houses that are unavailable due to the owner no longer paying upkeep. I would love to see an inactivity period instituted that would release a house from ownership if upkeep was not payed for X weeks. I have a standard house and would like to upgrade in my neighborhood. Also, there are few to none Deluxe houses available at on on Brandywine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003d0f0f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quitting the game if this isnt fixed soon

our kinship is so frustrated with Turbine's lack of action here we are thinking of leaving for other games. none of us can buy houses, there are virtually none available. no deluxes, almost no small...and ALL of them are closed for lack of payment. this has been going on for months and years on this server with no action.

petition GMs and they offer no support.

we are all paid subscribers, but not for long.

listen to your players Turbine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im on Brandywine looking for a house in Bree as well and nothing for the past 3 days. I was planning to buy the expansion and resub for a year with character transfers, but if there is no house for me to put my stuff, then i find dropping 200 dollars on your game a little pointless. And your GMs are beyond useless on this issue so Im posting here. Guess Im not alone on this today either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast