We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lootbox Replicas

I start this since players might have some interest in collecting pics of the new replica weapons and stuff found in Gorgoroth Lootboxes:

To start eat this:

Elor, two handed sword ... a beauty, isn't it?
    (sapere aude)

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Its the famed Elor... lost for ages and wanted by many

Ref: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...the-Best-Sword
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 97 HNT, Tinker

Amarthan (Warden Shield)

Ornadar (Staff)

Storrand (Heavy Shield)

That heavy shield must have the wrong size?
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman

Replica of Frothskold

Replica of Amarthram

Replica of Baingrist

Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

That Ornadar staff above shares the same appearance as statted staff (of the Eternal Sun) that drops from earlier lower-tier lootboxes.

Thank you for screenshots, everyone! Please keep them coming. How many long-lost pieces are now being unearthed and wielded again. . .
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    That Ornadar staff above shares the same appearance as statted staff (of the Eternal Sun) that drops from earlier lower-tier lootboxes.

Thank you for screenshots, everyone! Please keep them coming. How many long-lost pieces are now being unearthed and wielded again. . .
    I was just going to say the same; I have both my and my daughter's LM running around with the low level staff as the cosmetic; I like the Arnenna outfit, I will keep an eye out for it, for my hobbit.

There's also a 2h axe named Lorchathol , replica of the SoA coldbear drop named Iorchathol.

Sorry , can't login and get a pic atm QQ

Question: bound, bound to account or tradable?

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Question: bound, bound to account or tradable?
    Bound to char QQ

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Bound to char QQ
    Oof/off

That's dreadful!

Not even transferable in shared, what the deuce? Or to low level extra account?
    All those role-playing communities playing around at lower levels excluded? Since they require 106+ to open and the boxes are dreadfully bad economy to open below 115.

BAH

I thank you for bringing these harsh news.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post

staff of the eternal sun is not even close in appearance to Ornadar, it looks like this

Afaik Ornadar was an old drop from Thorog before Helegrod revamp
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    staff of the eternal sun is not even close in appearance to Ornadar, it looks like this

Afaik Ornadar was an old drop from Thorog before Helegrod revamp
    LOL, well both are circular and pointy....

not enough to say they share appearance, might call it reskin if it pleases you :P
    My Lotro blog :)

Any reports of a halberd???

My captain uses a halberd since imbued items became a thing

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    not enough to say they share appearance, might call it reskin if it pleases you :P
    The crystal is a different colour, and the high level is a crook shape instead of a full circle, but unless you are close and stationary, it would take more than a casual glance to note anything but the colour of the crystal. I like the low level version as I said; I have both my LM and my daughters running around with it, and my LM is now L90 and been using it for around a year.

Thumbs up Shared Wardrobe Space

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Oof/off

That's dreadful!

Not even transferable in shared, what the deuce? Or to low level extra account?
    All those role-playing communities playing around at lower levels excluded? Since they require 106+ to open and the boxes are dreadfully bad economy to open below 115.

BAH

I thank you for bringing these harsh news.
    Even bound items can share the cosmetic looks via the shared wardrobe. So that should work with these as well as long as it's on the same account that is (unless they specifically added something to these items that prevents that). So no worries, all You need is to open shared wardrobe space at a vault/storage npc and drag the item into a slot there and the whole account can share that cosmetic.

If that would not have been the case in the past we would never have been able to share BoA class specific armour with other class characters or heavy armour look to a non heavy class etc.

In fact You don't even have to bind BoE items before You add their cosmetic looks in the wardrobe. You could craft an item that says Bind on Equip. Then not equip it but still add to wardrobe and then sell it or pass it on to a freind so they to can add to their wardrobe, without binding it to their character, then he/she can pass it on to a 3rd a.s.o.

While I'm not a fan of lootboxes/gambling for real money (I will open occasional boxes using keys earned in-game via quests or deeds though), it is nice to see this thread and the cosmetic looks. Some I have never seen before. It won't make me buy keys but still nice to just see their appearance here.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Yesterday at 05:02 AM. Reason: The usual sloppy typos and such.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Learn what Vulkan is instead. :)

I wonder what I as a Captain would want to do with a LoreMaster staff? I got Ornadar. Bound to Character. Which is a Captain. That does not use Staffs (normally). I use Halberds and Swords. Hellooo anyone listeniiiing!!??

What in Eorl's name am I supposed to do with it!!?? ( ah I can get ashes... hokay...)

Not even vendor trash...1 copper...
    Last edited by Marancil; Yesterday at 02:03 PM.

Exclamation additional information

Sorry that I did not take the time in my first post to give some more information I have so far ... as for Elor and the reference Marancil gave already.

But as far as I can tell for sure these items can indeed be shared through wardrobe (as bound items usually can) and give at least 80 ashes.

Hope that it is not too late for some to share this. Sorry again.
    (sapere aude)

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    I wonder what I as a Captain would want to do with a LoreMaster staff?
    Well, there is one lore master staff that you get as a reward for the Quest A Sickly Glow in the Second Hall (given by Svanr, the wandering dwarf) that looks so much more like a halberd than a staff, that I chose it for one of my captains as a cosmetic item. It is called Light the Way. Unfortunately, the staff does not show up, as captains are not proficient with staves (and this is a weapon, not a cosmetic item).

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 110 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Manfreid, dwarven Level 105 Champion, all the same
    Alexophor, human Level 105 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward

I really hope someone has and can post any guard 2h axes and hammers as the lvl 100 1st age 2h's either look like starter weapons or have ridiculously skinny handles that look like they would snap if you hit something with it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidred View Post
    But as far as I can tell for sure these items can indeed be shared through wardrobe (as bound items usually can)...

...Hope that it is not too late for some to share this. Sorry again.
    As I wrote earlier if You read my post a bit up.

Acctually it's good that You now confirm this as I had not tested with these specific items but I figured they coud be.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Learn what Vulkan is instead. :)