We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Vocation - Homesteader (just an idea)

I think it would be pretty cool to see a new crafting vocation called – Homesteader. It would be similar to Yeoman. You would still have the farmer and cook fields but a new craft to be added would be Animal Husbandry.

With Animal Husbandry you would be able to raise different sorts of animals (chickens, cattle, and horses). The horses would be the main draw for this craft, being able to raise and sell horses for use, and the ability to breed new horses. Another benefit of this would being able to butcher the animals for use in cooking recipes.

An upgrade to the farmer would be that you could then grow the food required by the animals you raise, which would increase their morale over time.

The cook would then be able to cook food (chicken pot pie etc.).

Tailors would be able to craft saddles, blankets, and other cosmetics for the horses; while metalsmiths would be able to craft horseshoes which would be used to increase the speed of the horse. These could be anywhere from basic horseshoes which only give temporary speed buffs or higher level crafted horseshoes which would permanently increase the speed of the horse.

I would love to see something added along these lines. I am new here, so I don't know what all has been discussed in the past or is in the works for the future. Anyone else think an upgrade like this would be well worth it?
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” Faramir

Quote Originally Posted by druidofbreeland View Post
    Tailors would be able to craft saddles, blankets, and other cosmetics for the horses; while metalsmiths would be able to craft horseshoes which would be used to increase the speed of the horse. These could be anywhere from basic horseshoes which only give temporary speed buffs or higher level crafted horseshoes which would permanently increase the speed of the horse.
    I like the ideas you present here for Animal Husbandry, mainly because I think cooks are required to buy too many items from vendors to fulfill their recipes, and the things the Animal Husband raises would fit the bill (as a side note, you could also include butcher as a skill for the Animal Husband).

I've also long thought and wondered (boggled, really), why tailors can't make bags and backpacks. Seems to me that'd be basic skill, being mainly leather and buckles.

The horseshoe idea seems good, too.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

This is a really neat idea. It would be interesting to see how Turbine woukd implement it. They would have to add some sort of stables or pens as the crafting area. And having a maxed out cook, I can say that this would drastically cut the amount of gold needed to craft in that field. It would also add an element of realism to the game for those who play in the RP servers. You should copy this over to the suggestions forum.

Thumbs down

What kind of new gear it craft? All you mentioned is already covered by other professions.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? : http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/...ps38sxzbsq.png
    Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    What kind of new gear it craft? All you mentioned is already covered by other professions.
    In case you did not notice this is a necro thread that is a year old
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.