We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thalanir, my elder Ranger of the Dunedain RP kin, Remnants of the Faithful

Head: Worn Ranger Hood, umber
    Shoulders: Leather Shoulder Guards of the Leaping Stag (Dunland reward), umber
    Back: Worn Ranger Cloak, umber (dyes weird)
    Chest: Rider's Sturdy Waistcoat (Dunland reward), umber
    Gloves: Leather Gauntlets of the Leaping Stag (Dunland Reward), umber
    Feet: Dunbog Watcher's Studded Boots, (Dunland Reward), umber

I just realized this is almost the same thing Cithryth's character is wearing in green, so if anyone was wondering about the pieces, they're listed here.

Thalanir, NPC style in his Worn Ranger Outfit (Vol. 3 Epic Reward), umber

One more, out a-rangering.

Head: Fine Grey Company Hood, (Vol. 3 epic reward), umber
    Shoulders: Padded Mantle of the Dunlending Soothsayer,(Dunland reward) umber
    Chest: Chestpiece of the Charging Stag,(Dunland reward) umber
    Gloves: Heavy Plated Dunlending Gauntlets, (Dunland reward), umber
    Boots: Disused Boots of the Dunland Soothsayer, (Dunland Reward), umber
    Back: Fine Grey Company Cloak, (Vol. 3 epic reward), umber
    Last edited by idlehands79; Jul 25 2013 at 05:35 PM.

Here is the basic F2P ranger outfit I created about level 7 or so on a new server.

Head: n/a
    Shoulders: n/a
    Chest: Long Ranger Robe
    Back: Plain Hooded Cloak
    Legs: n/a
    Gloves: n/a
    Feet: Padded Leather Boots

I got all of these from the cosmetic vendor in Bree, near the east gate. The building he is in is called the Weapons and Armour Shop. The total cost of all items, if I remember correctly, was below 20 silver. They're not great, but there are no level limits involved here. (Now to figure out a better version, once I either get extra TP lying around, tons of in-game money, or some skirmish marks! :P)

This is Ardgytha's rangeresque gear for when she wants to look scruffy and travel without attracting attention.

Chest: Dwarf-make Outrider's Armour in black (med, level 25)
    Legs: Dwarf-make Outrider's Leggings in black (med, level 25)
    Back: Hooded Tattered Cloak in Rivendell green (cosmetic)
    Shoulders: Thick Cotton Shoulder-guards in umber (light, level 22)
    Gloves: Fingerless Gloves in original colour (cosmetic)
    Boots: Dwarf-make Cotton Shoes in umber (light, level 22)

Level requirements: all can be worn by level 25 without a wardrobe.

Crafting: the chest, legs, shoulders, and boots can be made by a tier 3 tailor.

Cosmetics: the Hooded Tattered Cloak is a fairly common sight on the AH and these days is available for < 100s (Landroval).

The gloves are trickier -- they were a Yule Festival reward and came with a full set of tattered pauper clothing, and are (imho) the only really awesome desirable piece in that set. Erm... there's one of this item on the AH right now and they're asking 25g. Nuts to that. For an alternative check out the low-level crafted light armour gloves -- they're plain and won't detract from the outfit.

Dye notes: the armour and leggings are an umber colour and only the trim takes dye. The thigh-guard on the leggings has a dyed edge and a strip up the back. The chest armour has side panels.

The boots come out with violet trim from crafting; snag a cheap umber, olive, or grey dye (you may even have these from the intro quest) and make it more neutral.

The one tricky bit of dyeing is the shoulders and back. I used umber on the shoulders (which also come out violet by default when crafted) to make them neutral. But this scarfy-looking shoulder model interferes with the hood of the cloak around the neck in front and back. It pokes through in places. The solution (because the cloak is a dark colour by default and doesn't take dye well) is to dye both the shoulders and cloak Rivendell green. Then they actually match closely enough that you don't see the pokethrough unless you're looking for it. And unfortunately that's an expensive dye. The alternative would be to play with the regular Hooded Cloak, which dyes more easily, and again figure out which dye makes it and the shoulders avoid conflict.

Thank you.
    Recently I´ve been finding myself interested in cosmetics, and there are tons of blogs out there with LOTRO cosmetics but, while they have very good taste and can put together amazing sets, must of those are for 75+chars, obtained from rep or areas or high lvl quests, or bought from the store, or from festivals etc. The point being, not much much that a lowbie character can get.

Not being a stylist myself I´m not sure why that is, maybe the truly amazingly looking stuff only starts showing up after lvl50? or maybe it´s too much of a challenge to try and put together nice sets with what we have (vendors in bree, md, th) for sub 30 lvls. Or maybe the pieces are just not there.

I would love to see more sub 30 stuff like the one you just posted, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego_Alatriste View Post

Not being a stylist myself I´m not sure why that is, maybe the truly amazingly looking stuff only starts showing up after lvl50? or maybe it´s too much of a challenge to try and put together nice sets with what we have (vendors in bree, md, th) for sub 30 lvls. Or maybe the pieces are just not there.
    A lot of the good stuff does show up after level 50. If I remember correctly, it was around the release of the Moria expansion that LotRO went F2P, and having good cosmetics helps draw in new customers (not to mention get old ones to spend more money ^^) There are a few low level cosmetic items, more than there used to be, but still not that much that is nice or realistically obtainable for new low level characters (like the Ceremonial ______ items in the skirmish camp that cost something like 200 marks and 70 medallions each.)

Quote Originally Posted by JuanD View Post
    An outfit I made a while ago based on the movie's depiction of Strider, this one was published on LOTRO Fashion Nov last year

almost exactly what i use !
    its very nice !

Made this earlier. Was thinking of something like an Ithilien Ranger, thus being better armoured.

Thoughts?

(quiver is optional, was there since I have it in my original outfit; was a [Fine Elven Quiver])

Quote Originally Posted by Mildford View Post

Made this earlier. Was thinking of something like an Ithilien Ranger, thus being better armoured.

Thoughts?

(quiver is optional, was there since I have it in my original outfit; was a [Fine Elven Quiver])
    Looks lovely Mildford, what cloak options are you looking at for this?

helmet-makeshift ranger mask marks skermish vendor
    back-fine elven quiver rivendell vendor
    chest-ceremonial nenuial's jacket marks skermish vendor
    hand- fingerless gloves yule fest
    leg-ceremonial leggings of the seven stars marks skermish vendor

shoulder-ceremonial shoulders of the deathstorm lailas market
    back- supple wildermore cloak t8 craft
    chest-wildermore medium armor t8 craft
    hand- fingerless glove yule fest
    leg-eastemet assult leggings cant remember
    foot- wildermore boots medium t8 craft

helmet-lesser mask of dungost marks, camp vendor in enedwaith
    shoulder- westfold assult shoulder light t7 craft
    back-thick cloak of distruction quest reward dunland
    chest-fine grey company tunic epic quest reward
    hand-fine grey compant guantlet epic quest reward
    leg-isengard prisoner leggings epic quest reward
    foot- fine grey company boots epic quest reward

Woodland Ranger

For more information on the pieces visit Cosmetic Lotro: http://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/2...odland-ranger/
    Find my Lotro outfits @ www.cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com

Wow, impressive.

sea blue bandit

I love the sea blue dye colour and I couldn't pass up the chance for my hunter to be the most colour friend to the Grey Company

most of it's dyed grey company cosmetics and the chest armour is a Dunland quest reward

Bleak ranger in robe

For more information on the outfit visit: http://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/bleak/
    Find my Lotro outfits @ www.cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elym View Post
    A lot of the good stuff does show up after level 50. If I remember correctly, it was around the release of the Moria expansion that LotRO went F2P, and having good cosmetics helps draw in new customers (not to mention get old ones to spend more money ^^) There are a few low level cosmetic items, more than there used to be, but still not that much that is nice or realistically obtainable for new low level characters (like the Ceremonial ______ items in the skirmish camp that cost something like 200 marks and 70 medallions each.)
    I feel like the Dunland/Isengard sets have the greatest cosmetic look in the game, and these are mostly available as quest rewards. Likewise, the Grey Company set is only available as a quest reward in the 60s. In terms of ranger outfits, some of the crafted items have decent looks (e.g. Westernesse Protector armor).

Also, the crafted elven heavy armor looks nice, and can give you a decent ranger-y outlook when garnished with the right accessories.

Ranger themed Outfit

Dúnedain Captain.

Dúnedain Ranger.

Last edited by Helms_Deep; Feb 23 2015 at 08:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2