We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Official Ranger Outfit Thread

Hey guys, Reallyfat Trollion here.
    First of, GRATZ on the new forum!

So anyway, I was thinking that we could have an Official Ranger Outfit thread. Like, maybe this could be pinned, and we could post all our ideas here.
    So, only a few rules:
    Don't plagiarize, be original, name the pieces, don't post stuff that's already been posted, and give the average level required to wear the outfit. If there are armor/class requirements, name those too.
    So without further ado, here's my first piece!
    Ranger of the Night.

CLICK FOR LARGER SCREENS.

Head: Nothing; Hood from the Cloak.
    Shoulders: Quilted Shoulderpads, dyed Black: available at the Bree Weapons and Armor Shop Light Armorsmith, Turner Thistleleaf.
    Back: Plain Hooded Cloak, dyed Black: available at any Outfitter.
    Chest: Padded Jacket, dyed Black: available at the Bree Light Armorsmith, Boyden Fir.
    Legs: Quilted Leggings, dyed Black:available at the Bree Light Armorsmith, Boyden Fir.
    Gloves: [i]Barrow-scout's Gauntlets, dyed Umber, available at any Skirmish:Classic vendor under Great Barrow armor.
    Boots: [i]Barrow-scout's Boots, dyed Umber, available at any Skirmish:Classic vendor under Great Barrow armor.

This is an incredibly easy piece to pull off, except perhaps the boots and gloves. And when you reach level 20, they are an absolute BREEZE to get.
    This is pull-offable by any character level 20+ .There are no class requirements, but you need to be able to wear medium armor. This is low-leveled, so not VERY good, but it gives the basic Ranger feel to you. And, might I say, it looks pretty official!

So that's the first of the Ranger Outfits by me, and hopefully there'll be more to come from you.
    So see you around folks!
    PS: Could someone Pin this so we don't have to hunt through the pages? It is a rather important category after all...
    Last edited by ReallyFat; Sep 27 2012 at 07:23 AM.

not that good

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyFat View Post
    This is low-leveled, so not VERY good, but it gives the basic Ranger feel to you
    I never said it was that good. READ, please. Also, feedback is appreciated, but you might wanna mention how I could improve it instead of saying it's not good.
    The outfit is intended for low leveled, F2P players who don't have high leveled Alts or Mains. That is why it doesn't look so good. if you can pull of something better for the same level without a Wardrobe, then feel free to post it up. Otherwise, give positive criticism, not just saying it sucks.
    Have a good day regardless.

If anyone has any suggestions for that outfit though, i welcome them. Thanks all!
    Oh and could someone post the official Grey Company and Worn Ranger sets too plz?

This is my ranger outfit

[attach]ScreenShot00045[/attach]

Hey How do i post the pic i keep trying to show u mine but its not working!!!

With just a few threads and no pages to flip through it might be a little early to ask for a sticky, but a very good idea to post something that low level F2P players are going to be able to achieve (without using the wardrobe)
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Trerfo View Post
    Hey How do i post the pic i keep trying to show u mine but its not working!!!
    try [img][/img] tags (though I haven't posted any yet on these forums, just that's the kind of usual)
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

This is my ranger outfit

[img]ScreenShot00045[/img]

How to post pics

Get onto photobucket or imageshack or a similar site, deviantart etc.
    Put your photo there, and take the url of that specific photo.
    Paste it between img tags.
    Like so:
    [img]PhotoURLhere[/img]

Here's a cool trick if you post the image to Photobucket. Hover over the image you want and a pop-up menu appears below the image with codes for posting the image in various ways. The bottom code is the one you want, just click on that and it copies it for you with the code and address. Then just come here and paste.
    Last edited by Ameesa; Sep 22 2012 at 02:45 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000017b7b/01006/signature.png]Ameesa[/charsig]

Here are a couple different Ranger-themed outfits I've used over the years.

Here's the "Honourary Ranger" outfit I used on my Rohirrim captain for awhile:

Head: Traveller's Hood
    Shoulders:
    Chest: Elven Steel Jacket
    Legs: Westernesse Leggings
    Gloves: Fingerless Gloves
    Feet: Brushed Leather Boots

The Wardens of Annuminas based Ranger outfit my hunter wore for awhile:

Head: Traveller's Hood
    Shoulders: Nenuial's Shoulders
    Chest: Nenuial's Jacket
    Legs: Nenuial's Leggings
    Gloves:
    Feet:
    Back:

And the more Eregion-appropriate ranger-esque outfit she sports now:

Head:
    Shoulders:
    Chest:
    Legs:
    Gloves:
    Feet:

I'm not in-game so I can't remember all the names of the different pieces. Next time I log in I'll come back and edit in the pieces I couldn't think of.

Hello, i always liked the rangers of the game and this are some of my attempts

1-Aragorn's outfit:

2- Wardens of Annuminas outfit:

3- Dunedain captain:

Hope you like it, cya!
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/6kvc.png/][IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5356/6kvc.png[/IMG][/URL]

Rank 10 War Leader // Rank 11 Guardian

An outfit I made a while ago based on the movie's depiction of Strider, this one was published on LOTRO Fashion Nov last year

Wow, these all look amazing! Really good! Juan, what is that chestpiece? It looks great. And Cithryth, in the final outfit, is that mail part of the hauberk? and what's it called?

Eldacarion, those outfits look REALLY official. I swear, I thought you took a screen of Aragorn XD
    What are the pieces you use there in those outfits

Both chest pieces in Cythrith's outfit and mine's are Dunland quest rewards, the appearance is shared among many items

[QUOTE=Eldacarion;6463958]Hello, i always liked the rangers of the game and this are some of my attempts

1-Aragorn's outfit:

Eldacarion can u tell me your Aragorn outfit list ???

Heres my ranger/hunter outfit.

Sorry for bad quality..I'm on my laptop.

(yes last pic has my legendary bow)

Forgot this one

What's the name of that shirt and gloves hunterbyn?

I never understood why people who want to show off their cosmetic outfits would take screenshots of their character standing around in the dark when you can't see anything. All I see is a black blur. You can get the same effect by dying any suit of armor black, can't you? It's the details that aren't visible on a black outfit against a black background that make the cosmetics interesting.

This is an outfit I often use for my ranger, though I often find it a bit too fancy for roaming the wilds.

What a neat thread with several great ideas, and nice job on your basic Ranger outfit, ReallyFat. I see so many new players who get in and want a "Ranger outfit" immediately, and are so envious of the more Ranger-ready stuff at higher levels lol. This shows that they can start pretty much right away if they are creative and aware enough.

My Hunter seems to gravitate toward Ranger-style outfits. These may be taking some liberties with the definition, but I'll post anyway.

This is pretty easy to achieve, yet I don't seem to see it often. The chest/shoulders can be crafted for lower levels who can equip to the Wardrobe:

Head: Fine Grey Company Hood, Umber (how I wish this dyed better)
    Shoulders: Vital Eastemnet Skirmish Pauldrons, Ranger Green
    Chest: Vital Eastemnet Armour, Ranger Green
    Hands: Gloves of the Westfold
    Feet: Scouts Weathered Leather Boots (Umber)
    Back: Cloak of the Grey Company
    Last edited by McFarlane; Mar 18 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Sorry I don't remember what flavor of Green was used on these lol, nor do I remember where all pieces are obtained. I hoard armour so forget easily.

Head: Fine Grey Company Hood
    Shoulders: Fine Grey Company Wrap
    Chest: Golodir's Boon
    Legs: Leggings of Accord
    Hands: Boar Clansman's Sentry's Gauntlets
    Feet: Scout's Weathered Leather Boots
    Back: Cloak of the Grey Company

I wanted something to match my Grey Company Horse.

Back: Exquisite Radiant Cloak
    Chest: Breastplate of Voima
    Hands: Pathfinder's Gauntlets
    Legs: Rodombadanir
    Feet: Tracker's Boots

Keep up the great thread!

Been a while... Anyway, so yeah, i just got back. All your outfits look really good. Anyway, so i am now at level 84 with my main, and have acquired the ranger sets. However, i did some modifications of my own with the dyes. And plus, i swapped some of the pieces with the worn ranger set. So after the downtime i will post up the outfit.
    So yeah, for now, seeya all

Alternate Grey Company Outfit

Back after a while... whew. Anyway, so I've just had a look through all your outfits and they are stunning. So now, something from me.

I reached level 84 with my main recently, and there before me were the ranger outfits. So, i nabbed a bit of both. Specifically, they Worn ranger hood, because when you dye that black, it goes perfectly with the rest of the set undyed. Then, I looked at the Fine Grey Company Wrap. While it was spectacular, I had a more amazing piece in my bag. So I dyed that grey as well. I am sporting that outfit on my Guard now. Then I decided that he'd look epic-er without the hood, so I removed it. And the end result is this:

And on my hunter:

Click the images for a larger picture:

And then, since i was in the instance, I just HAD to take this:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast