We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Buffbars crashes client when switching characters

I just switched to the latest version of Buffbars (2.0.4), but now whenever I try to switch characters lotroclient.exe crashes. Is there a known fix to this? I'd been using a pretty old version of Buffbars previously (1.1.4, I think) which worked fine. But the new functionality to actually be able to click on the quickslot popup potions would be really helpful, particularly in ToO. I thought it might be a conflict with the old version, but I still crash after copying the old PengorosPlugins folder to a backup directory and re-extracting v2.0.4 by itself.

In case there's some sort of conflict with other plugins, the others I run are Lotropad (v0.81), Tonicbars (v2.6), and PluginManager (v0.3).

For now I'll just revert to Buffbars 1.1.4, but if there's some way to get v2.0.4 working that would be great. Thanks in advance for any advice!

They still (and its been a long time now) haven't fixed the bug that causes your game to crash when a plugin that has a large menu in the plugin manager is unloaded (eg: when you logout/quit).

You (usually) won't crash as long as you select a different plugin (one that has no menu, or isn't loaded) before closing the plugin manager and logging out/quitting.

It'd be nice to think this will be fixed in RoR, but I wouldn't count on it.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

Quote Originally Posted by Evendale View Post
    They still (and its been a long time now) haven't fixed the bug that causes your game to crash when a plugin that has a large menu in the plugin manager is unloaded (eg: when you logout/quit).

You (usually) won't crash as long as you select a different plugin (one that has no menu, or isn't loaded) before closing the plugin manager and logging out/quitting.

It'd be nice to think this will be fixed in RoR, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Would you like me to check? (Do you not have access to RoR beta?)