We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Out-of-combat Rez Cooldown

Did anyone from beta happen to see what the cooldown on the new out-of-combat rez was? I'm curious to know.

Left: Untraited, Right: Traited

Subject to change, of course!
    BREGLOR · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Erethal View Post

Thanks for sharing that. I'm so looking forward to this skill. Seems so mean running past another dead toon on landscape because your rez is on CD or because your about to go into an instance :-(

What about the Moors? Have a cappy slip back outta combat and go to town :-)
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Sneakels 85 Burg,[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Allyrua 85 Captain, Snockels 65 Mini, Glimlioin 75 Hunter [/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Wardels 75 Warden, Allyssie 75 Captain "Lovers of the Leaf" [/SIZE][URL="http://www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com"]www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com[/URL]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/1/0/8/3/4/110834VMpvt.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Greaaat! I thought it would have a big cd, like anything for cpts.
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

Lol 2s induction on a ooc rez? with 100% morale, 90% power?

So now captains are the best at rezzing ooc apart from minis
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002c7d60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jchudz View Post

That would likely be with Blood of Númenor traited.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nalv.jpg/][IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7739/nalv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by jchudz View Post

Who the heck cares how much morale/power you come up with? If you're out of combat, 0.001% is fine.

The skill itself looks nice. But... Inspiriting Call? Really? That's got to be one of the worst skill names I've ever seen. Especially given we are not actually in-spirit-ing anyone. We're not actually raising the dead, we're restoring the morale of the defeated. The only people in this lore who have anything to do with messing around with dead spirits are either evil or divine, and cappies are neither.
    Last edited by Hethyba; Sep 18 2012 at 04:39 PM.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    The skill itself looks nice. But... Inspiriting Call? Really? That's got to be one of the worst skill names I've ever seen. Especially given we are not actually in-spirit-ing anyone. We're not actually raising the dead, we're restoring the morale of the defeated. The only people in this lore who have anything to do with messing around with dead spirits are either evil or divine, and cappies are neither.
    I'm not sure you quite understand what inspiriting means: link

"To instill courage or life into."

Seems to fit well enough. Although I have never actually heard of this word before now, same deal with 'concomitant' from the RK Dev Diary.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    Who the heck cares how much morale/power you come up with? If you're out of combat, 0.001% is fine.
    Try to tell this to a stalker
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

Okay, fair enough, so it isn't actually a made-up word. It's still truly ugly, and the implication is still of putting spirits back into bodies, given it's a rez skill. What's wrong with "inspiring" over the truly awful "inspiriting"? People are going to call it "inspiring" anyway, as far as they call it anything other than "can I get a rez please?"
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

There's a Minstrel skill called "Raise the Spirit." Spirit does not only mean soul or some ethereal part of you; it also refers to your morale. Which is what we're restoring. Stop complaining about a triviality like that.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    Not in the moors where there are always wargs waiting to pounce the squishies as soon as they get rezzed

Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    Okay, fair enough, so it isn't actually a made-up word. It's still truly ugly, and the implication is still of putting spirits back into bodies, given it's a rez skill. What's wrong with "inspiring" over the truly awful "inspiriting"? People are going to call it "inspiring" anyway, as far as they call it anything other than "can I get a rez please?"

There's no implication of putting spirits back into bodies. The word has an explicit meaning.

"Inspiring" is not a better description for a revive than "Inspiriting". You're just not used to the word and think it's ugly, now get on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Erethal View Post

I think my captain just became my new favorite class. Also the 2 second reduction on the induction made me laugh.

The Artist formerly known as Redcoat
    Situational Awareness Kinsite

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Seems to fit well enough. Although I have never actually heard of this word before now, same deal with 'concomitant' from the RK Dev Diary.[/FONT]
    Maybe they hired The Architect from the horrible Matrix sequels to name their skills for them. Poor guy's been out of work, so good on Turbine for giving him something to do.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Maybe they hired The Architect from the horrible Matrix sequels to name their skills for them. Poor guy's been out of work, so good on Turbine for giving him something to do.
    No, that is way to good of a name for The Architect. Software people come up with horrible names. If we did the name it would look something like Skill_That_Brings_people_Back_ To_Life, or CappyOutOfCombatRezSkill
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nalv.jpg/][IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7739/nalv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

thank you for the info!

my brain does NOT want to say the name of that skill! very hard for me to read, inspiriting.

i think its Don King that named it.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyxzl View Post
    No, that is way to good of a name for The Architect. Software people come up with horrible names. If we did the name it would look something like Skill_That_Brings_people_Back_ To_Life, or CappyOutOfCombatRezSkill
    Too many keystrokes. More like captainRezOOC(), to go with captainRezICTargeted() and captainRezICUntargeted().
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Inspiriting Call? Sounds perfectly cromulent to me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

INSPIRITING! HAH!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by omen_kaizer View Post
    inspiriting call? Sounds perfectly cromulent to me.
    epic hahahhahahhahahahahah
    Oryette

Well I'm sure there are lots of other names they could have chosen, but I kinda like this one

I am just happy now that captains have an out of combat.. now not only the healers will have to do rez runs .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000005d130/signature.png]Haugola[/charsig]

HnE is recruiting. see [url]www.haruelo.com[/url]!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast