We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Patch Notes Are Up

New rewards in the Treasure Hunt!

Hope that means there'll be a new weekend of digging coming up soon
    [b] -- Nanum Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus -- [/b]

So this is the last update before the fall festival? When will it start?

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    So this is the last update before the fall festival? When will it start?
    October sometime

Looking forward to those new festival rewards. WTB more interior and exterior hooks

Eeeek! Treasure hunt! Eeeek!

I've never been to one but I love the emotes and decorations I've seen.

I hoipe they get at least one week of treasure hunt in BEFORE the release of ROR so I don't have to choose between them.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    Nope, not by a long shot. Our shortest ever were 5 words and never got their own page.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Nope, not by a long shot. Our shortest ever were 5 words and never got their own page.
    "We did not fix anything" ?

We Gave Hobbits More Pie?

I think the note said alot *nods * so ... the fall festival is in october and the treasure hunt is.. when? *get's a cookie*

This patch will define "soon"!
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Cool

Is the Treasure Hunt anytime soon Sap?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000001c210/01001/signature.png]Santaclaws[/charsig]

And still no FE toggle.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by blakstone View Post
    Is the Treasure Hunt anytime soon Sap?
    The current plan says, YES!

"There are no patch notes" ?

Can you tell us if the new treasure hunt reward is bind-to-char or bind-to-account?

It doesnt look like they changed the old mounts to bind-to-account and I'm concerned this might be another item that's 'unique' and 'bind to character'. If its in Huge caches only then I'm fighting against the odds to pull the one new item and not the other 3 that the character may already have which would be a huge waste of our fortune at finding the cache in the first place.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

"Fall Festival

New rewards are available for the Fall Festival.
    Addressed a number of minor issues with the festival."

As far as I know this ended yesterday so????

Edit to add: Because this "bug fixs" was just sad. This is what a bug fix list looks like

" Changes since the last beta build include:
    Browser : Fixed : Fixed crash at exit
    Carrara : Fixed #0046823 : Added more decimals to the value shader
    Carrara : Fixed #0046989 : Fixed default scene settings when importing a syncar file
    Carrara : Fixed #0047073 : Fixed crash with data components
    Carrara : Fixed #0047180 : Fixed transform saving issue
    Carrara : Fixed #0047156 : Fixed issue with NLA where modifiers are not always in synch
    Carrara : Fixed #0044751 : Fixed volumetric rendering alpha issue
    Carrara : Fixed : Fixed crash in shading room
    Carrara : Fixed #0047338 : Fixed crash when saving car file
    Carrara : Fixed #0047077 : Fixed active tool issue when open a component option dialog
    Carrara : Fixed #0047210 : Fixed issue when in edit mode
    Carrara : Fixed #0047341 : Fixed shortcut issue with mouse actions (on Windows)
    Carrara : Fixed #0047163 : Fixed image format selection issue in exporters
    CR2Importer : Fixed #0047152 : Fixed crash when loading cr2 file into an existing scene
    DSF : Fixed #0046799 : Fixed DSF loading problem (M5 genitalia)
    DSF : Fixed #0046990 : Fixed skinning issue with some legacy content
    DSF : Fixed #0047096 : Fixed crash when refreshing the smart content
    DSF : Fixed #0046022 : Fixed dsf pose/preset import when the figure geometry node has children
    DSF : Fixed : Fixed light and camera size issues
    DSF : Fixed #0047129 : Removed automatically added folder to the content browser
    Mimic : fixed #46995 : add genesis.dmc to config files
    Mimic : Fixed #0047209 : Fixed text file issue when the user does not have write access to the file
    Obj Importer : Fixed : Added support for the alpha and alpha maps
    Obj Importer : Fixed : Fixed problem when a material has both color/value and a texture map
    Obj Importer : Fixed : Added support for bump amplitude extension (Km) used by Studio
    Particles : Fixed #0047016 : Redesigned the UI to make the create instance button clearer"
    Last edited by manstan; Sep 17 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    "Fall Festival

That was the Summer Festival that just ended... Don't worry, there's not so much fishing in the Fall Festival. Just park your characters in the Haunted Burrow and log in hourly to pick up your tokens.

Well, that's what I did last year. No idea how it's been changed for this year. I'm sure Festival Tickets have been integrated somehow.

Incidentally, if you get lost easily in the Haunted Burrow - I know where you can get a map for it. :P

Edit to add...
    "This space intentionally left blank"?
    Last edited by TheREALify; Sep 17 2012 at 10:36 AM.

fall festival hasnt happened yet

summer festival is whats been going on tho...

"Fall Festival

That was the summer fest, the fall fest will probably start next month.

Edit to add: Because this "bug fixs" was just sad. This is what a bug fix list looks like

" Changes since the last beta build include:
    Browser : Fixed : Fixed crash at exit
    Carrara : Fixed #0046823 : Added more decimals to the value shader
    Carrara : Fixed #0046989 : Fixed default scene settings when importing a syncar file
    Carrara : Fixed #0047073 : Fixed crash with data components
    Carrara : Fixed #0047180 : Fixed transform saving issue
    Carrara : Fixed #0047156 : Fixed issue with NLA where modifiers are not always in synch
    Carrara : Fixed : Fixed crash in shading room
    Carrara : Fixed #0047338 : Fixed crash when saving car file
    Carrara : Fixed #0047077 : Fixed active tool issue when open a component option dialog
    Carrara : Fixed #0047210 : Fixed issue when in edit mode
    Carrara : Fixed #0047341 : Fixed shortcut issue with mouse actions (on Windows)
    Carrara : Fixed #0047163 : Fixed image format selection issue in exporters
    CR2Importer : Fixed #0047152 : Fixed crash when loading cr2 file into an existing scene
    DSF : Fixed #0046799 : Fixed DSF loading problem (M5 genitalia)
    DSF : Fixed #0046990 : Fixed skinning issue with some legacy content
    DSF : Fixed #0047096 : Fixed crash when refreshing the smart content
    DSF : Fixed #0046022 : Fixed dsf pose/preset import when the figure geometry node has children
    DSF : Fixed : Fixed light and camera size issues
    DSF : Fixed #0047129 : Removed automatically added folder to the content browser
    Mimic : fixed #46995 : add genesis.dmc to config files
    Mimic : Fixed #0047209 : Fixed text file issue when the user does not have write access to the file
    Obj Importer : Fixed : Added support for the alpha and alpha maps
    Obj Importer : Fixed : Fixed problem when a material has both color/value and a texture map
    Obj Importer : Fixed : Added support for bump amplitude extension (Km) used by Studio
    Particles : Fixed #0047016 : Redesigned the UI to make the create instance button clearer"
    That's probably what their behind-the-scenes list did look like.
    To the general, end-user, public... that list might as well be in a foreign language, so no need to list the whole works.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    Really no information in these notes at all. Bug fixes? Which bugs? Festival issues? What festival issues? Something about a mysterious new "tech" that we are not going to notice?

Why even bother?
    [COLOR=#ff0000][I]All my devotion betrayed, I am no longer afraid
    I was too blinded too see, How much you've stolen from me

[/I][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxSoulbane View Post
    Really no information in these notes at all. Bug fixes? Which bugs? Festival issues? What festival issues? Something about a mysterious new "tech" that we are not going to notice?

Why even bother?
    Pretty much
    Ricardofurriel 115 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 115 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

So "Fire and Frost" in OT Raid will never be fixed will it? Thats just very sad, very sad indeed.

The calendar says treasure hunt sept 19 and fall festival sept 24

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxSoulbane View Post

Why even bother?
    you get into the issue of corporate secrets and critical business knowledge which would cover "New Tech". Turbine does not want to give information that would helpful to their competitors.

For bugs you again run into the situation where discussing them is not considered a good idea. Lets say the bug closes and exploit. You do not want to give hints as to where the weak spots in the code are. Ideas about how you would go about abusing or exploiting the product.

In many cases there is no way to translate what the software developers into something we can understand. All discussion requires extensive knowledge of the product and tooling. As software developer I still run into this problem. I start the bug report and the responses from another group on the same project its all Greek to me - I give up - They fixed something - I hope it helps someone.

Even when you have someone like Sapience writing the patch notes. You can easily end with a result that does not have much meat it. Honestly as a user - I do not give a poop about what the new tech is for lag. I only care about results.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast