We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Brandywine Bridge Flute?

Can anyone tell me what flute the game is simulating as you cross the Brandywine Bridge near Stock? I love the tone of the flute and know nothing about music.

What do you mean? I will check next time but to call it a flute doesn't leave very many choices.
    It could be a orchestra flute, a piccolo, pan pipes, Irish whistle, or many other flutelike woodwind instruments.
    Good question though and I suggest trying to learn more about music. You are never too old to pick up an instrument.
    Lore-Monkey(not a Lore Guardian) and proud of it.

I have always loved that little motif when I cross the bridge (it also sometimes plays quietly in the background when you ride into Overhill).

It's a good question and it got me back to the bridge to listen again.. and again, lol. My best guess is that it is acoustic (not electronic) and is perhaps Irish Whistle... just an educated guess. Possibly even a Ocarina, but I think not as likely. Definitely not orchestral (flute or piccolo). And for a non-music person calling it a flute is perfectly acceptable - it may be a flute or at least most certainly a flute-like instrument, and the sounds are all very similar to the untrained ear.. heck, they're similar to the trained ear.
    [color=#FDC789][font=courier][b]No veren![/b][/font][/color]

I happened to be in the vecinity tonight so thought to take a listen. I agree with those above that it sounds like the Irish, or tin whistle. Although, I'm not all that familiar with the sound of the ocarina (egads!), so there's the possibility it could be that too. I'd say definitely not pan pipes as they're a lot more mellow than what you hear going over the Brandywine Bridge.
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Avmists View Post
    ...I'd say definitely not pan pipes as they're a lot more mellow than what you hear going over the Brandywine Bridge.
    Agreed, not the right timbre for pan pipes.
    [color=#FDC789][font=courier][b]No veren![/b][/font][/color]

You're talking about this motif, I think? I love it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbnF7...feature=relmfu

I've often wondered if it's an ocarina.
    Bards, Beers, & Longbeards!
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/bardsbeerslongbeards[/URL]

Sorry for sounding a little superior, agreed, you cannot be blamed for calling it a flute.
    Now that I think about it, it probably is an Irish whistle just because the Professor did make both the Shire and Rohan Celtic.
    I have only heard the song in question a few times because I usually have my speakers off to not disturb the rest of my household, but not I call it to mind and it is too shrill for Pan pipes.
    Still try picking up and instrument :-D

Sorry for sounding a little superior, agreed, you cannot be blamed for calling it a flute.
    Now that I think about it, it probably is an Irish whistle just because the Professor did make both the Shire and Rohan Celtic.
    I have only heard the song in question a few times because I usually have my speakers off to not disturb the rest of my household, but not I call it to mind and it is too shrill for Pan pipes.
    Still try picking up an instrument :-D