We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2390
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    OK, here's a new one:

coin crammed kisser
    I guess a hint is in order....3rd age, not human...
    Another hint...what are coins usually stored in?
    The Burned Dwarves are connected to this.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

OK, here's a new one:

coin crammed kisser
    This is Thrór's mouth with the purse of coins that Azog placed inside of it after beheading him in Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by Hensibert View Post
    This is Thrór's mouth with the purse of coins that Azog placed inside of it after beheading him in Moria.
    So very close.....
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.

So very close.....
    Azog's mouth with the purse of coins that was given to Nár inside of it after Azog's defeat at the Battle of Azanulbizar.

Azog's mouth with the purse of coins that was given to Nár inside of it after Azog's defeat at the Battle of Azanulbizar.
    That's the way it works...

You are up!

Feathered snail bane.

Feathered snail bane.
    "Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks."

Quote from Thror's map explaining how to find the secret door.

The thrush is the snail bane.

The thrush is the snail bane.
    You are correct. Your turn!

Next one:

lone naked stargazer

Next one:

lone naked stargazer
    Here's a hint: this was a bane's bane.

Next one:

lone naked stargazer
    Here's a hint: this was a bane's bane.
    Here's another hint: He was not an elf, no matter what the Norse would have you believe.

To me this sounds like Gandalf when he is resurrected following the battle with Durin’s Bane:

“Naked I was sent back – for a brief time, until my task is done. And naked I lay upon the mountain-top. The tower behind was crumbled into dust, the window gone; the ruined stair was choked with burned and broken stone. I was alone, forgotten, without escape upon the hard horn of the world. There I lay staring upward, while the stars wheeled over, and each day was as long as a life-age of the earth. Faint to my ears came the gathered rumour of all lands: the springing and the dying, the song and the weeping, and the slow everlasting groan of over-burdened stone. And so at the last Gwaihir the Windlord found me again, and he took me up and bore me away.”

Excerpt From
    The Lord of the Rings

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Here's another hint: He was not an elf, no matter what the Norse would have you believe.
    I agree with TheArtilleryman that it is Gandalf, and obviously if that's correct then they get the next turn.

About your hints:

Bane's bane indicates Gandalf as he killed the Balrog a.k.a. Durin's Bane.

Not an elf, regardless of what the Norse would tell me regards the origins of Gandalf's name, where Gandalfr meant staff elf.

I agree with TheArtilleryman that it is Gandalf, and obviously if that's correct then they get the next turn.

About your hints:

Not an elf, regardless of what the Norse would tell me regards the origins of Gandalf's name, where Gandalfr meant staff elf.
    Clever! As I’ve answered the Jeopardy as well, I suggest you take the riddle stick on this one for that excellent bit of trivia! (Assuming we’re both right, of course )

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    To me this sounds like Gandalf when he is resurrected following the battle with Durin’s Bane:

“Naked I was sent back – for a brief time, until my task is done. And naked I lay upon the mountain-top. The tower behind was crumbled into dust, the window gone; the ruined stair was choked with burned and broken stone. I was alone, forgotten, without escape upon the hard horn of the world. There I lay staring upward, while the stars wheeled over, and each day was as long as a life-age of the earth. Faint to my ears came the gathered rumour of all lands: the springing and the dying, the song and the weeping, and the slow everlasting groan of over-burdened stone. And so at the last Gwaihir the Windlord found me again, and he took me up and bore me away.”

Excerpt From
    The Lord of the Rings

About your hints:

Yes, the answer is "Gandalf".

Between the two of you, decide who wants the next turn.

Yes, the answer is "Gandalf".

Between the two of you, decide who wants the next turn.
    You take it, Hensibert. I’ll do the Jeopardy! riddle.

You take it, Hensibert. I’ll do the Jeopardy! riddle.
    Thanks. I'll need some time to think of one.

Lightning identifies deceased.

Lightning identifies deceased.
    When Beleg was rescuing Turin Turambar he nicked the sleeping Turin while cutting the bonds. Turin, startled awake by the nick, grabbed the sword Anglachel and slew Beleg thinking he was an enemy. Lightning flashed and revealed to Turin the terrible thing he had done.

When Beleg was rescuing Turin Turambar he nicked the sleeping Turin while cutting the bonds. Turin, startled awake by the nick, grabbed the sword Anglachel and slew Beleg thinking he was an enemy. Lightning flashed and revealed to Turin the terrible thing he had done.
    You are correct! Your turn.

Next one:

left for dead

Next one:

left for dead
    Sam, thinking Sehelob had killed Frodo, took the ring and his sword and left him for dead in Cirith Ungol, only for the orcs to find him alive but paralysed, and take him prisoner. Sam was pretty annoyed with himself for this.

Sam, thinking Sehelob had killed Frodo, took the ring and his sword and left him for dead in Cirith Ungol, only for the orcs to find him alive but paralysed, and take him prisoner. Sam was pretty annoyed with himself for this.
    That is correct.
    Your turn.

Next riddle:

Silly structural decision

Next riddle:

Silly structural decision
    Hmm... how about round doors in hobbit holes/houses?

Unnecessarily complex design/construction.

Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast