We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98
Results 2,426 to 2,449 of 2449
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Shimmering, Subterranean, Ruler

Glaurung

After Glaurung took Nargothrond and took the treasures of Finrod as his hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Glaurung

After Glaurung took Nargothrond and took the treasures of Finrod as his hoard.
    Good guess but nope not the one I'm looking for.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Smaug, with his chest covered with jewels?

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Smaug, with his chest covered with jewels?
    Nope not Smaug, small hint: A Title

Nice, ok here's one:

Let's give it a shot... Elu Thingol

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Let's give it a shot... Elu Thingol
    Another good guess, but again nope.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

The Watcher?

He settle in the Lake before Khazad Dum and damming the Sirannon. This becomes his Realm.
    The Water let him Shimmering, like most wet things.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    The Watcher?

He settle in the Lake before Khazad Dum and damming the Sirannon. This becomes his Realm.
    The Water let him Shimmering, like most wet things.
    Nope not that. another hint after few more guesses. remember first hint "A title"

OK How about Thorin Oakenshield, the "King under the Mountain" laid to rest with the Arkenstone on his chest?

...when in doubt...twirl...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    OK How about Thorin Oakenshield, the "King under the Mountain" laid to rest with the Arkenstone on his chest?
    Another good guess! but nope, time for another hint: he was a member of the fellowship

Tuckborough, The Shire, Middle Earth, Arda
    Another good guess! but nope, time for another hint: he was a member of the fellowship
    Is it Gimli?
    After the War of the Ring he became known as the "Lord of the Glittering Caves."
    Rohirrim! To the King!
    There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

Pontin: Excellent riddle.
    Samwise: Excellent deduction.

Very impressive. This one had me scrambling to research an answer, and I came up with nothing.
    Great job. Both of you.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise_Sotall View Post
    Is it Gimli?
    After the War of the Ring he became known as the "Lord of the Glittering Caves."
    You got it!, It is indeed Gimli, He led a colony of dwarves to those caves in the white mountains and helped the Rohirrim and the Men of Gondor.

the stick is yours!

Thank you both.
    I'll come up with something in the next day or two.
    Rohirrim! To the King!

Here we go:

Appendage newly warmed
    Rohirrim! To the King!

Here we go:

Appendage newly warmed
    Here's my guess: Frodo's hand and arm after receiving treatment from Elrond in Rivendell.

‘You have talked and reckoned more than is good for you,’ said Gandalf. ‘How do the side and shoulder feel now?’ ‘I don’t know,’ Frodo answered. ‘They don’t feel at all: which is an improvement, but’ –
    he made an effort –‘I can move my arm again a little. Yes, it is coming back to life. It is not cold,’ he added, touching his left hand with his right.

J.R.R. Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings (p. 221). Harper Collins, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Here's my guess: Frodo's hand and arm after receiving treatment from Elrond in Rivendell.
    Correct once again! The riddle stick is yours!

The passage I was thinking of comes later. (Curiously, the page number is actually earlier in my book).

'Hullo Sam!' said Frodo. 'It's warm!' said Sam. 'Meaning your hand, Mr. Frodo. It has felt so cold through the long nights. But glory and trumpets!' he cried, turning round again with shining eyes and dancing on the floor. 'It's fine to see you up and yourself again, sir!'

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings (p. 219), Houghton Mifflin Co.
    Rohirrim! To the King!

Next one:

grippers, dagger, twine

Correct once again! The riddle stick is yours!

The passage I was thinking of comes later. (Curiously, the page number is actually earlier in my book).
    Ah, this riddle was an excellent one. Ironic too, because the answer is found in Bilbo and Gollum's riddle-game. At the end, Bilbo asks Gollum what he has in his pockets. Gollum guesses hands (grippers), a knife (dagger), a string (twine) or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AConyl View Post
    Ah, this riddle was an excellent one. Ironic too, because the answer is found in Bilbo and Gollum's riddle-game. At the end, Bilbo asks Gollum what he has in his pockets. Gollum guesses hands (grippers), a knife (dagger), a string (twine) or nothing.
    You quoted the wrong post (Samwis_Sotall said the thing about the page numbers...), but you got the answer correct!

And I hadda leave out the "nothing" because this is not 4-word trivia... and he was cheating anyway...grin.

Grats! You have the riddle stick!

You quoted the wrong post (Samwis_Sotall said the thing about the page numbers...), but you got the answer correct!

And I hadda leave out the "nothing" because this is not 4-word trivia... and he was cheating anyway...grin.

Grats! You have the riddle stick!
    Right post quoted this time... Ok I've been thinking of one for a while, it's a bit of a toughie:

Unlucky Wraith Confessor

Quote Originally Posted by AConyl View Post
    Unlucky Wraith Confessor
    OK, I hafta get this one out of the way. It's probably wrong, but I've thought that before, only to find someone else sneak in and beat me to it.

Gollum.
    He was captured and questioned by the Dark Lord's minions, who were more than likely one or more of the ring wraiths, probably the Witch King himself.
    And Gollum eventually gave up "Baggins" and "The Shire".

At any rate, that works for one of the meanings of "confessor" (sort of).
    And Gollum certainly was "unlucky" at times, though his lucky episodes may actually outnumber his unlucky ones.

OK, I hafta get this one out of the way. It's probably wrong, but I've thought that before, only to find someone else sneak in and beat me to it.

Gollum.
    He was captured and questioned by the Dark Lord's minions, who were more than likely one or more of the ring wraiths, probably the Witch King himself.
    And Gollum eventually gave up "Baggins" and "The Shire".

At any rate, that works for one of the meanings of "confessor" (sort of).
    And Gollum certainly was "unlucky" at times, though his lucky episodes may actually outnumber his unlucky ones.
    Yeaah, good guess but not quite. As for confess, here's a definition.

confess (v.) - to admit that you have done something wrong or something that you feel guilty or bad about.

To get technical, he revealed or divulged information but I wouldn't say he confessed anything.

Hey guys, it's been a few days. I'll throw in a hint for my riddle:

A synonym for unlucky is hapless.

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98