We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1526
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    A very good guess. The right guess, in fact! In the Silmarillion’s list of names, Elbereth translates as “Star-Queen”.

Your turn.
    Nice, ok Here's one should be easy, will see:

Tongue Disgusting Penchant
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Nice, ok Here's one should be easy, will see:

Tongue Disgusting Penchant
    Gollum's finger licking

Gandalf described Gollum to Frodo when he was explaining about the Ring while they were in Bilbo's house;

What he had been doing he would not say. He only wept and called us cruel, with many a gollum in his throat; and when we pressed him he whined and cringed, and rubbed his long hands, licking his fingers as if they pained him, as if he remembered some old torture.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Gollum's finger licking

Gandalf described Gollum to Frodo when he was explaining about the Ring while they were in Bilbo's house;
    Nice guess but not it, your on right track with a character but it involves more then one, and its kind of an event.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Nice guess but not it, your on right track with a character but it involves more then one, and its kind of an event.
    Ah, then it's the Annual Greater Hardbottle Plow-Licking Contest.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Ah, then it's the Annual Greater Hardbottle Plow-Licking Contest.
    Wrong again you were closer in first guess but wrong part of story Hint: Gollum is involved

Are we talking about Gollum eating fish at the pool of Henneth Annun?

“So it went on, almost as unceasing as the waterfall, only interrupted by a faint noise of slavering and gurgling. Frodo shivered, listening with pity and disgust. He wished it would stop, and that he never need hear that voice again.”

Excerpt From
    The Lord of the Rings
    J. R. R. Tolkien
    This material may be protected by copyright.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Are we talking about Gollum eating fish at the pool of Henneth Annun?

“So it went on, almost as unceasing as the waterfall, only interrupted by a faint noise of slavering and gurgling. Frodo shivered, listening with pity and disgust. He wished it would stop, and that he never need hear that voice again.”

Excerpt From
    The Lord of the Rings
    J. R. R. Tolkien
    very close and good guess but not passage i'm looking for Hint: its before they met rangers.

Perhaps it's coneys we are looking for precioussss?

"`Not make the nassty red tongues,' hissed Gollum. `Fire, fire! It's dangerous, yes it is. It burns, it kills. And it will bring enemies, yes it will.'
    'I don't think so,' said Sam. `Don't see why it should, if you don't put wet stuff on it and make a smother. But if it does, it does. I'm going to risk it, anyhow. I'm going to stew these coneys.'
    'Stew the rabbits!' squealed Gollum in dismay. `Spoil beautiful meat Sméagol saved for you, poor hungry Sméagol! What for? What for, silly hobbit? They are young, they are tender, they are nice. Eat them, eat them!' He clawed at the nearest rabbit, already skinned and lying by the fire."

(and don't forget the taters )

...when in doubt...twirl...

How about Gollum eating a worm in the Dead Marshes?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    Perhaps it's coneys we are looking for precioussss?

"`Not make the nassty red tongues,' hissed Gollum. `Fire, fire! It's dangerous, yes it is. It burns, it kills. And it will bring enemies, yes it will.'
    'I don't think so,' said Sam. `Don't see why it should, if you don't put wet stuff on it and make a smother. But if it does, it does. I'm going to risk it, anyhow. I'm going to stew these coneys.'
    'Stew the rabbits!' squealed Gollum in dismay. `Spoil beautiful meat Sméagol saved for you, poor hungry Sméagol! What for? What for, silly hobbit? They are young, they are tender, they are nice. Eat them, eat them!' He clawed at the nearest rabbit, already skinned and lying by the fire."

(and don't forget the taters )
    Bingo that's it, Sam liking what he's cooking over the fire but Gollum not and rather eat it raw.

Your turn.

Bingo that's it, Sam liking what he's cooking over the fire but Gollum not and rather eat it raw.

Your turn.
    OK let's try this:

Bald Bearded Anger

OK let's try this:

Bald Bearded Anger
    I don't suppose this references Treebeard on seeing Saruman's treachery? Fang from Fangorn meaning beard...?

Quote Originally Posted by smoothie91 View Post
    I don't suppose this references Treebeard on seeing Saruman's treachery? Fang from Fangorn meaning beard...?
    It does not although I understand the "bearded" reference.

As a hint I will say the anger is from a human(oid), not an Ent

OK let's try this:

Bald Bearded Anger
    Hmm, I feel anger over the bald beards of some of Peter Jackson’s “pin-up” dwarves. He got it spot on with Gimli, but some of them look ridiculous like James Nesbitt and the guy that plays Thorin who is supposed to have a beard so long it tucks into his belt. Very angry

But that’s probably not the answer to this so I’ll try the argument the dwarves and elves had over the Silmarils:

“Then the Dwarves taking the Nauglamír passed out of Menegroth and fled eastwards through Region. But tidings went swiftly through the forest, and few of that company came over Aros, for they were pursued to the death as they sought the eastward road; and the Nauglamír was retaken, and brought back in bitter grief to Melian the Queen. Yet two there were of the slayers of Thingol who escaped from the pursuit on the eastern marches, and returned at last to their city far off in the Blue Mountains; and there in Nogrod they told somewhat of all that had befallen, saying that the Dwarves were slain in Doriath by command of the Elvenking, who thus would cheat them of their reward.
    Then great was the wrath and lamentation of the Dwarves of Nogrod for the death of their kin and their great craftsmen, and they tore their beards, and wailed; and long they sat taking thought for vengeance.”

Excerpt From
    The Silmarillion
    John R. R. Tolkien
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Nov 10 2018 at 04:02 AM.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

But that’s probably not the answer to this so I’ll try the argument the dwarves and elves had over the Silmarils:

“Then the Dwarves taking the Nauglamír passed out of Menegroth and fled eastwards through Region. But tidings went swiftly through the forest, and few of that company came over Aros, for they were pursued to the death as they sought the eastward road; and the Nauglamír was retaken, and brought back in bitter grief to Melian the Queen. Yet two there were of the slayers of Thingol who escaped from the pursuit on the eastern marches, and returned at last to their city far off in the Blue Mountains; and there in Nogrod they told somewhat of all that had befallen, saying that the Dwarves were slain in Doriath by command of the Elvenking, who thus would cheat them of their reward.
    Then great was the wrath and lamentation of the Dwarves of Nogrod for the death of their kin and their great craftsmen, and they tore their beards, and wailed; and long they sat taking thought for vengeance.”

Excerpt From
    The Silmarillion
    John R. R. Tolkien
    Heading in the right direction but not exactly the anger I am looking for. Hint: "bald" is an important part of the clue.

Greetings!

OK let's try this:

Bald Bearded Anger
    Mîm is involved? While (according to my limited understand of the matter) the bald hilltop of Amon Rûdh itself isn't able to experience any emotions, the debateable justified and overall quite consequential hatred his (hopefully bearded) inhabitant cultivated against various other life forms seemed to justify a guess.

(Oh, and also I'd like to apologize for the way I'm butchering the glorious English language. Not a native speaker, and someone who always talks like this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Immerdar View Post
    Greetings!

Mîm is involved? While (according to my limited understand of the matter) the bald hilltop of Amon Rûdh itself isn't able to experience any emotions, the debateable justified and overall quite consequential hatred his (hopefully bearded) inhabitant cultivated against various other life forms seemed to justify a guess.

(Oh, and also I'd like to apologize for the way I'm butchering the glorious English language. Not a native speaker, and someone who always talks like this.)
    Hit the nail on the head! Right on all counts- bald was the hill, bearded was the dwarf Mim and justifiable was his anger

You're up!

Let's try this:

just bisect Sparta
    S dzst djomrd pm zjr jpit pg pit ,rrzomh-

Let's try this:

just bisect Sparta
    Hmmm....

Sparta was a martial city/state that had a system with 2 kings.

The Numenorian kingdom was split into two states (bisected?); Arnor in the north and Gondor in the south and ruled by the brothers Isildur and Anarion.

Kind of a stretch, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Oh, that's interesting to know. (I sure didn't.) The association I'm aiming for is very trivial, I fear...

(But you're correct in that this is the somewhat interesting part of the clue, the rest should fall in line. )

Since I am not sure which part of Boraxxe thoughts are correct, here is my guess:

Numenor or Fall of Numenor. In its last period of life Numenor built a big army, seized a lot of middle-earth, simply put: it lived quite a military life.

But at its end there are ships sailing west to find eternal life on Valinor and there ships sailing east to save themself from destruction of island. Sort of bisecting.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes

I fear I've confused the whole thing now.

Think of people who don't know very much about history. They here the name Sparta - what's likely to be their first association?

Now bisect that.

(And if you've beared with me that far, think of the merely again. The fall of Numenor and the remaking of the world seem a bit momentous (you could also say: big) for this little word, don't they?)
    Last edited by Immerdar; Nov 13 2018 at 08:29 AM.

Well, "this is sparta" is pretty well-known quote. If we are not talking about the state, but about people, I fear, I am lost because there are a lot of good fighthers and brave warriors in story.

Still, I would go for Éowyn. She bisected the beast (thus dividing it into two parts: head and the rest). Also she said in the movie "I am no man", in the books she used different words. So this could be common with "This is sparta", where emissaries misjudged the situation and paid with their life (300 movie reference). (Witch-king misjudged the situation and paid with his life).

If it is some other fight, well, I have no idea
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes

I fear I've confused the whole thing now.

Think of people who don't know very much about history. They here the name Sparta - what's likely to be their first association?

Now bisect that.

(And if you've beared with me that far, think of the merely again. The fall of Numenor and the remaking of the world seem a bit momentous (you could also say: big) for this little word, don't they?)
    I understand that English is not your native language. And that is fine. But, the phrase I have highlighted above makes no sense to me.

Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast