We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63
Results 1,551 to 1,573 of 1573
    Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Neither this.

When I am thinking about your solutions, then it is something like this: you use an item and afterwards it doesn´t work well. But you don´t know the result before you try. So what if there is a defense which has a flaw from the beginning?

Sort of hint, if it is confusing to you (all of you, not just Immerdar), it is better to ignore it.

Frodo uses the shiny one ring to hide from the ringwraiths on Weathertop, but it is flawed because they can see him better than before...?
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Frodo uses the shiny one ring to hide from the ringwraiths on Weathertop, but it is flawed because they can see him better than before...?
    I wouldn´t call it a flaw but rather its feature. The ring brings you in the ringwraith world, they just didn´t know it.

So I am looking for something else.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

I'm not sure I'm even confused. Ignorant should be a better bet.^^ But thanks for the clarification, I'll try again...

When I am thinking about your solutions, then it is something like this: you use an item and afterwards it doesn´t work well. But you don´t know the result before you try. So what if there is a defense which has a flaw from the beginning?
    Smaug is quite shiny, and (for the most part) well protected by his scales, but then he dies? I'd go and fetch an appropriate quote now if not for the sad fact that I don't actually own a copy of the Hobbit. So I'll just assume I remember everything correctly and the dragon actually does die.
    S dzst djomrd pm zjr jpit pg pit ,rrzomh-

Quote Originally Posted by Immerdar View Post
    I'm not sure I'm even confused. Ignorant should be a better bet.^^ But thanks for the clarification, I'll try again...

Smaug is quite shiny, and (for the most part) well protected by his scales, but then he dies? I'd go and fetch an appropriate quote now if not for the sad fact that I don't actually own a copy of the Hobbit. So I'll just assume I remember everything correctly and the dragon actually does die.
    The answer is Smaug, although the reasing is slightly different.

Smaug lay, with wings folded like an immeasurable bat, turned partly on one side, so that the hobbit could see his underparts and his long pale belly crusted with gems and fragments of gold from his long lying on his costly bed.

The dragon swooped once more lower than ever, and as he turned and dived down his belly glittered white with sparkling fires of gems in the moon-but not in one place.

Thus Smaug covered his weakest point - belly - with gems and gold to create an armor. But his belly was not fully covered, so there was a flaw.

Its your turn.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Thus Smaug covered his weakest point - belly - with gems and gold to create an armor. But his belly was not fully covered, so there was a flaw.
    I'll try and be less sloppy next time, sorry.

As for a new riddle, I've got an idea already. I'm unsure whether this is a hard one (since I'm trying to reference another passage I personally like and therefore know about), but I sincerely hope I've picked a less misleading clue.

distance family meeting

I'll try and be less sloppy next time, sorry.

As for a new riddle, I've got an idea already. I'm unsure whether this is a hard one (since I'm trying to reference another passage I personally like and therefore know about), but I sincerely hope I've picked a less misleading clue.

distance family meeting
    From The Fellowship Of The Ring, Chapter 9, At The Sign Of The Prancing Pony; when Frodo was explaining why the group was visiting Bree from The Shire...

"There were several Underhills from Staddle, as they could not imagine sharing a name without being related, They took Frodo to their hearts as a long-lost cousin."
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Yes, that's what could be called a distant family meeting, as they must frequently occur among Hobbits. (In other words: The distance is not a typo.)

Yes, that's what could be called a distant family meeting, as they must frequently occur among Hobbits. (In other words: The distance is not a typo.)
    Apologies if I’ve failed to understand - did Boraxxe get the answer right or not?
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

No, the answer is something else entirely. If "distance family" is actually a correct way of phrasing it in English, I apologize, but as far as I was aware, it's not used to describe ones relationship with the second cousin of his best friend's brother in law.

Is a clue in order?

No, the answer is something else entirely. If "distance family" is actually a correct way of phrasing it in English, I apologize, but as far as I was aware, it's not used to describe ones relationship with the second cousin of his best friend's brother in law.

Is a clue in order?
    In my experience, that is not a common pairing of words in english.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.

Could he mean it in an evolutionary sense?
    From f2p to p2p: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

Did you mean a family meeting in the distance (as seen from the Shire)? Then it would be the day when Frodo awoke in Rivendell, went to the Hall of Fire and met Bilbo there. They first attended a meal, and then the council that Elrond had called, to discuss the way the ring should go from now on.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Go ahead.

So I really guessed it?

Alright, if it is my turn, I'll give you this riddle. It is inspired by a discussion that I had some time ago with another player on the server, which forced me to check if his claim was correct.

Elven commanded drop

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!

No idea? Okay, a hint: This command is given by one elf to another, so it is in Sindarin.

Greetings, Polymachos

Elven commanded drop

I remembered a passage in FOTR when the group first enters Lothlorien, but the translation I found states that this word means "halt" or "stop" so I'm probably barking up the wrong tree:

'Then dig a hole in the ground,' said Legolas, `if that is more after the fashion of your kind. But you must dig swift and deep, if you wish to hide from Orcs.' He sprang lightly up from the ground and caught a branch that grew from the trunk high above his head. But even as he swung there for a moment, a voice spoke suddenly from the tree-shadows above him.
    `Daro!' it said in commanding tone, and Legolas dropped back to earth in surprise and fear.
    He shrank against the bole of the tree.'Stand still! ' he whispered to the others. `Do not move or speak! '

No, you found exactly the right one, with Haldir and his brothers in its branches. The other player had claimed that Legolas once fell from a tree, and so I had to look for exactly this passage. After reading it, I would say, this drop wasn't a fall, but a retreat caused by this 'Daro!' which means 'Stop!'

Well done, it's your turn.

Greetings, Polymachos

I have been busy, and forgot it was my turn...sorry.

West-farthing loot boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    I have been busy, and forgot it was my turn...sorry.

West-farthing loot boxes
    Mathoms house, and that's where bilbo's mithril coat was for a time?
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Mathoms house, and that's where bilbo's mithril coat was for a time?
    Nope. Not the Mathom house.

West-farthing loot boxes

This must be harder than I thought.
    Hint time.

Notice that I used West-farthing and not a more specific place? That's because I thought that naming the more specific location would be too much of a give-away.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    West-farthing loot boxes
    Little Delving and Michael Delving? Delving also is Delve to reach inside a object and search for something. a lootbox?
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Little Delving and Michael Delving? Delving also is Delve to reach inside a object and search for something. a lootbox?
    Nope. Yer on the wrong track.
    Yer lookin' for actual boxes (or things just like boxes, but with curved lids).

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63