We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72
Results 1,776 to 1,788 of 1788
    Hmm..if that’s a more abstract “MY” then perhaps Ilúvatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Thanks mate.

Ok, my last one was a little on the difficult side, this should be much easier.

My Ancient Boss
    Hmm Tom Bombadil being the boss of Old man willow? he did have power over him.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

A bit of a clarification may be needed at this point. When I say 'My Ancient Boss', I don't actually mean 'mine' as in 'Wolfhelm's Ancient Boss'. There is actually a character in The Lord of the Rings who uses a variation of the expression 'My Ancient Boss' to describe another character from the book.

Some word play on the the expression 'My Ancient Boss' will then reveal the identity of that character, who happens to be a well known person from the Third Age.

I hope that makes sense
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Now I’m wondering if this is a reference to Denethor speaking of Aragorn.

The boss (king) of course being Aragorn.
    Ancient referring to the ancient lineage of Isildur.

Quote Originally Posted by dsltn07 View Post
    Now I’m wondering if this is a reference to Denethor speaking of Aragorn.

The boss (king) of course being Aragorn.
    Ancient referring to the ancient lineage of Isildur.

Very good guess, but once again a bit too literal.

Additional clue here. The word My can be taken literally, with the words Ancient and Boss you need to look for synonyms. Then you'll have the identity of this mystery Third Age Character.
    - Will Rogers

Gollum says: "We swears to serve master of the precious. We will swears on the... on the precious." -From J.R.R.Tolkien, LOTR: Two Towers

Gollum is the one who uses my quite often. Ancient would refer to the ring. And boss to the master...

So my answer is Frodo Baggins.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Gollum says: "We swears to serve master of the precious. We will swears on the... on the precious." -From J.R.R.Tolkien, LOTR: Two Towers

Gollum is the one who uses my quite often. Ancient would refer to the ring. And boss to the master...

So my answer is Frodo Baggins.

Another excellent answer, but still not the Third Age celebrity I'm looking for.
    - Will Rogers

It's probably time for another clue.

Estelrandir's guess, Frodo Baggins, was pretty close to home. Our mystery 'ancient boss' actually hails from the same region as Frodo.
    - Will Rogers

Estelrandir's guess, Frodo Baggins, was pretty close to home. Our mystery 'ancient boss' actually hails from the same region as Frodo.
    How 'bout Gaffer Gamgee to Sam then? 'Gaffer' could mean either 'boss' or 'old man' if I recall rightly.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

If by “hails from” they could be a protector of, then perhaps the Maiar leader of the free peoples sent to oppose Sauron, Gannondorf, I mean Gandalf.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    How 'bout Gaffer Gamgee to Sam then? 'Gaffer' could mean either 'boss' or 'old man' if I recall rightly.
    That's the one!!

My = My

Ancient = Old

Boss = Gaffer

I had thought this one would be fairly easy, however I think I underestimated how many alternative definitions there were, especially for the word gaffer. Translating gaffer to boss is easy, translating in the opposite direction, boss to gaffer is a lot more difficult, in hindsight.

Anyway, congratulations Bambu, all yours
    - Will Rogers

That's the one!!

My = My

Ancient = Old

Boss = Gaffer

I had thought this one would be fairly easy, however I think I underestimated how many alternative definitions there were, especially for the word gaffer. Translating gaffer to boss is easy, translating in the opposite direction, boss to gaffer is a lot more difficult, in hindsight.

Anyway, congratulations Bambu, all yours
    Ha! Yeah, you never can tell which way it's gonna go. Okie dokie then.

third the last
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Ha! Yeah, you never can tell which way it's gonna go. Okie dokie then.

third the last
    Could this be a reference to the ruling queens of Númenor?

Númenor had only three ruling queens.
    The first was Tar-Ancalimë.
    The second was Tar-Telperiën.
    And the third was Tar-Vanimeldë

So my answer is Tar-Vanimeldë, the third and last ruling queen of Númenor.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72