We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1227
    I hope no one minds, but its been a long time, and no reply, so i will revive the game so it may continue

Ancient old art
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; May 04 2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I hope no one minds, but its been a long time, and no reply, so i will revive the game so it may continue

Ancient old art
    I sincerely doubt that I have the correct answer, but in the interest of keeping this moving along, I will pose a guess of some kind.

A point of clarification: "ancient" and "old" sort of mean the same thing.
    Unless of course you are hinting at ancient art that has something "old" as it's subject.
    Maybe you just needed 3 words...grin.

You could be referring to an object like a painting or sculpture.
    Or, this could be a reference to a skill, like dancing or singing.

Feanor was certainly an artist, perhaps the greatest of all time.
    He created jewels.
    So maybe the answer is: The Silmarils
    ....................... missed a putt. ...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    I sincerely doubt that I have the correct answer, but in the interest of keeping this moving along, I will pose a guess of some kind.

A point of clarification: "ancient" and "old" sort of mean the same thing.
    Unless of course you are hinting at ancient art that has something "old" as it's subject.
    Maybe you just needed 3 words...grin.

You could be referring to an object like a painting or sculpture.
    Or, this could be a reference to a skill, like dancing or singing.

Feanor was certainly an artist, perhaps the greatest of all time.
    He created jewels.
    So maybe the answer is: The Silmarils
    you are incorrect, The Silmarils are ancient and Faenor whom perhaps was the greatest artist yeah but not what i looking for.

Edit fixed typo and while i'm at it i'll give a hint, Ancient are they, and something that is very old.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; May 05 2018 at 07:45 PM.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

OK, new guess (since no one else has chimed in yet).

Ancient old art:

The Gates of Argonath (The pillars of Kings)
    The statues of Isildur and Anarion carved into the rock on either side of the Anduin at the northern border of Gondor.

They are ancient and the artwork is old.
    ....................... missed a putt. ...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.

This might be too similar to Boraxxe's answer, but I just happened to be reading a part of Lotr and it sounded like what you might be after.

My guess is the palantir. Gandalf says that Fëanor might have created these as well and also says 'Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess ourselves.'

I really like the word perilous. Seems like nobody uses it much anymore.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Hint: think of the Valar (aka Ainur).

"Music of the Ainur"

There is some old art.

"Music of the Ainur"

There is some old art.
    your are correct, The Ainur are Ancient, and a play song as old as time in the art of singing. passing it to you now.

OK, great.

I have one that bambu will probably appreciate:

bewitched bantering bodkin

OK, great.

I have one that bambu will probably appreciate:

bewitched bantering bodkin
    I do! I had to look bodkin up! If dagger is the thing I'm gonna guess:

Sting from the point of view of the giant spiders while Bilbo was wearing the Ring. That's a long guess.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    I do! I had to look bodkin up! If dagger is the thing I'm gonna guess:

Sting from the point of view of the giant spiders while Bilbo was wearing the Ring. That's a long guess.
    Yes...
    You are up bambu.

Okie dokie. Alliteration and an excuse to use the word again? Win!

perilous produce penchant

It's been a few days and no guesses yet. How 'bout a hint?

slimy

is it Shelob attacking frodo?

Okie dokie. Alliteration and an excuse to use the word again? Win!

perilous produce penchant
    How about the hobbit predilection for mushrooms?

No to both. It does involve an affinity for a certain type of food though. Which is slimy.

Bilbo witnesses a thrush cracking snails, has a brainstorm and the keyhole ends up getting revealed.
    Snails are a type of food.
    Snails are slimy.
    But "perilous"?
    Methinks not.
    But, that's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

Bilbo witnesses a thrush cracking snails, has a brainstorm and the keyhole ends up getting revealed.
    Snails are a type of food.
    Snails are slimy.
    But "perilous"?
    Methinks not.
    But, that's my guess and I'm sticking to it.
    Nope! But the answer is further back in the same story if that helps.

Once upon a time there was a Great Goblin that occasionally desired to munch on slimy fish which could be found
    in a cave in an underground lake. This cave was home to a creepy creature named Gollum.
    The Great Goblin used to force his minions to go down to the lake to get some of those slimy fish.
    This was a perilous task since the creepy creature liked to ambush, kill and then eat the unlucky goblin fisherfolk.

Once upon a time there was a Great Goblin that occasionally desired to munch on slimy fish which could be found
    in a cave in an underground lake. This cave was home to a creepy creature named Gollum.
    The Great Goblin used to force his minions to go down to the lake to get some of those slimy fish.
    This was a perilous task since the creepy creature liked to ambush, kill and then eat the unlucky goblin fisherfolk.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! You got it. The turn is yours.

I hope some more folks notice the resurrection of this thread. Gonna get kinda dull with just three players.

Ok, next one...

One, six, nine

Not related to any of the riddles, but I wanted to tell everyone that Cordovan did us a great favor.

Maybe you noticed that the title of this thread had a significant spelling error: Tolkien as "Tokien".
    I asked him if he would correct it and he did.

So, many thanks Cordovan!

Bo

I'm still stuck on this one. Could we get a hint? I don't want this thread to sink too far again.

I'm still stuck on this one. Could we get a hint? I don't want this thread to sink too far again.
    OK, here's a hint:

The middle number involves dentition.

Ok, next one...

One, six, nine

The middle number involves dentition.
    One hint given and still no bites...

OK, here's another:

Metallic, Organic, Sentient

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast