We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1903
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Yes, yes...and what does Peregrine call that?.....
    Nine o'clock three times would make nine.

‘Nine o’clock we’d call it in the Shire,’ said Pippin aloud to himself. ‘Just the time for a nice breakfast by the open window in spring sunshine. And how I should like breakfast!
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Nine o'clock three times would make nine.
    One and one and one is three....

Nine O'clock is the right answer

Yer up Pontin!
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

I'll have one tomorrow putting on my thinking cap.

Here's one

Resisting the Darkness
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Resisting the Darkness

Hobbits? They have good resistance against darkness.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Hobbits? They have good resistance against darkness.
    Very good guess, it is a hobbit and involves one, but the answer not what I'm looking for. I'll give hints soon

Maybe Sam voluntarily giving the Ring back to Frodo?

Quote Originally Posted by Randinaglar View Post
    Maybe Sam voluntarily giving the Ring back to Frodo?
    Another good guess but no dice, think earlier in the story Hint: the nazgul are involved.

Another good guess but no dice, think earlier in the story Hint: the nazgul are involved.
    This sounds like Frodo at Weathertop:

“At that moment Frodo threw himself forward on the ground, and he heard himself crying aloud: O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! At the same time he struck at the feet of his enemy. A shrill cry rang out in the night; and he felt a pain like a dart of poisoned ice pierce his left shoulder. Even as he swooned he caught, as through a swirling mist, a glimpse of Strider leaping out of the darkness with a flaming brand of wood in either hand. With a last effort Frodo, dropping his sword, slipped the Ring from his finger and closed his right hand tight upon it.”

Excerpt From
    The Lord of the Rings
    J. R. R. Tolkien
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    This sounds like Frodo at Weathertop:

“At that moment Frodo threw himself forward on the ground, and he heard himself crying aloud: O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! At the same time he struck at the feet of his enemy. A shrill cry rang out in the night; and he felt a pain like a dart of poisoned ice pierce his left shoulder. Even as he swooned he caught, as through a swirling mist, a glimpse of Strider leaping out of the darkness with a flaming brand of wood in either hand. With a last effort Frodo, dropping his sword, slipped the Ring from his finger and closed his right hand tight upon it.”

Excerpt From
    The Lord of the Rings
    J. R. R. Tolkien
    Great guess, very close but nope, though what happens later down the road? Hint: water

Great guess, very close but nope, though what happens later down the road? Hint: water
    Aha, let me try an excerpt from FotR then.

Suddenly the foremost Rider spurred his horse forward. It checked at the water and reared up. With a great effort Frodo sat upright and brandished his sword.
    'Go back!' he cried. 'Go back to the Land of Mordor, and follow me no more!' [...]
    'By Elbereth and Lúthien the Fair,' said Frodo with a last effort, lifting up his sword, 'you shall have neither the Ring nor me!'

Aha, let me try an excerpt from FotR then.
    that be it! the exact paragraph i was looking for. Your turn!

Best joke ever

Best joke ever
    Imrahil, speaking to the assembled lords and captains in the tents of Aragorn in front of Minas Tirith:

'Surely,' he cried, 'this is the greatest jest in all the history of Gondor: that we should ride with seven thousands, scarce as many as the vanguard of its army in the days of its power, to assail the mountains and the impenetrable gate of the Black Land! So might a child threaten a mail-clad knight with a bow of string and green willow! If the Dark Lord knows so much as you say, Mithrandir, will he not rather smile than fear, and with his little finger crush us like a fly that tries to sting him?'
    The Return of the King, LoTR Book 5, Ch 9, The Last Debate
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.

That's it! Too easy, huh? Go ahead.

That's it! Too easy, huh? Go ahead.
    No, not too easy.
    Quite a good riddle actually.
    It's just that something very similar was put up on one of the X-word Tolkien Trivia threads a few years back and I remembered it.

Next up:

dragon throat jumper

No, not too easy.
    Quite a good riddle actually.
    It's just that something very similar was put up on one of the X-word Tolkien Trivia threads a few years back and I remembered it.

Next up:

dragon throat jumper
    “Sam is an excellent fellow, and would jump down a dragon's throat to save you, if he did not trip over his own feet.” Pippin, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    “Sam is an excellent fellow, and would jump down a dragon's throat to save you, if he did not trip over his own feet.” Pippin, The Fellowship of the Ring
    That's it.

Go Artilleryman.

That's it.

Go Artilleryman.
    Alrighty then... I came up with about ten different three word combos for this, so I’ll have plenty of clues ready (assuming it isn’t too easy, of course ):

Anaethma to undead

Anaethma to undead

You referring to Westernesse magic?
    The barrow blades that the hobbits carried comes to mind.
    One of those got poked into the back of The Witchking's knee and effectively did him in (with a bit of help from Eowyn).

Anaethma to undead

You referring to Westernesse magic?
    The barrow blades that the hobbits carried comes to mind.
    One of those got poked into the back of The Witchking's knee and effectively did him in (with a bit of help from Eowyn).
    Yeah, that’s the one:

“So passed the sword of the Barrow-downs, work of Westernesse. But glad would he have been to know its fate who wrought it slowly long ago in the North-kingdom when the Dúnedain were young, and chief among their foes was the dread realm of Angmar and its sorcerer king. No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter, cleaving the undead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will.”

Excerpt From
    The Lord of the Rings
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Clearly no clues necessary
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Mar 15 2019 at 03:03 AM.

OK, next up:

occupied subterranean concavity

One needs to start somewhere:

the shape of concavity is for me shape of a hill or island, and there is only one underground island which I remember:

Tiny island in an underground lake where Gollum lived for a long time. (near Goblit-town)
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

OK, next up:

occupied subterranean concavity
    Bag End

Just a wild guess: the cave where Tom, Bert and William used to live.

Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast