We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    Ok here it comes

Great Weeping Hill
    Haudh-en-Ndengin on Anfauglith?

Too easy, go ahead.
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    Ok here it comes

Great Weeping Hill
    OK, how about Ezellohar then? Nienna did a great lot of weeping there.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    OK, how about Ezellohar then? Nienna did a great lot of weeping there.
    I could be mistaken but I think his awsomeness, C passed on the stick with your last guess.

The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    I could be mistaken but I think his awsomeness, C passed on the stick with your last guess.
    Huh, makes sense. I actually also thought it too easy and started to look for more explanations.

Then let's try this:

cave sun gleam

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Huh, makes sense. I actually also thought it too easy and started to look for more explanations.

Then let's try this:

cave sun gleam
    Wasn't there a beam of sunlight that streamed in to the chamber of Mazarbul to illuminate Balin's tomb.

The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Wasn't there a beam of sunlight that streamed in to the chamber of Mazarbul to illuminate Balin's tomb.
    There was, but it wasn't a 'gleam'. That word is used very purposefully.

Henneth Annun at sunset.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas View Post
    Henneth Annun at sunset.
    Fitting, but not that. There was a very specific gleam of the Sun in the legendarium...

Dunno bout y'all, but I could use a lil hint on this one.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Complete shot in the dark here (& Hi first time posting here)...

Probably wrong and maybe overcomplicated... But here goes...

Haudh-En-Elleth the burial mound of Finduilas sister of gil-galad who was given the name faelivrin by her betrothed Gwindor, which means "Gleam of the sun on the pools of Ivrin".

So Gleam + Sun + In this instance I am taking cave to literally mean something beneath the earth, not literally a cave - so she was buried beneath the ground.

Edit: My other guess is that it could refer to the entrance into Erebor. The sun could literally mean light, the gleam of the last "light" of Durin's day will shine upon the key-hole - the entrance into Erebor.
    Last edited by Laura_Everett; Mar 11 2014 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Everett View Post
    Complete shot in the dark here (& Hi first time posting here)...

Probably wrong and maybe overcomplicated... But here goes...

Haudh-En-Elleth the burial mound of Finduilas sister of gil-galad who was given the name faelivrin by her betrothed Gwindor, which means "Gleam of the sun on the pools of Ivrin".

So Gleam + Sun + In this instance I am taking cave to literally mean something beneath the earth, not literally a cave - so she was buried beneath the ground.
    Yes, Finduilas is our gleam of the Sun. Though I did mean quite a literal cave - Nargothrond which was her home.
    Nevertheless, you guessed it. You're up.

Ok, this will be a 3-2-1 hopefully I've done it correctly.

Mother natures issue.

Good luck.

Ok, this will be a 3-2-1 hopefully I've done it correctly.

Mother natures issue.

Good luck.
    Just to clarify, should there be an apostrophe with "natures" - i.e., is it intended to be plural or possessive?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Possessive not plural sorry.

First thing that popped in my head would be deforestation of certain areas which could lead to Saruman's devastation of Fangorn.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Good answer - but no.

You are taking mother nature to mean exactly what it says...

Maybe this will help...

Nature Issue Mother.

Don't forget it is 3 separate words.

Good answer - but no.

You are taking mother nature to mean exactly what it says...

Maybe this will help...

Nature Issue Mother.

Don't forget it is 3 separate words.
    Welcome Laura! You appear to be doing very well for yourself in posting your first riddle by making it a 3-2-1 that has folks confuddled. I will take a stab at it, if only to get some feedback on being hot or cold.

It seems obvious by your flipping around of the words that ‘Nature Issue’ is paired together, and ‘Mother’ stands alone. So, Nature Issue Mother -> Character Flaw Woman -> Eowyn springs to mind.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Good answer again, thinking more along the right lines....

I think I was wrong to change the order of the words though, all the words are connected in some way, and when the proper meanings of the words have been found it will read properly... First hint is that Mother means exactly what it means.

It should read as "Mother Natures Issue" - 3 separate words so I don't mean Mother Nature, and the (S) on nature, is possessive of the Issue. FYI - Issue doesn't necessarily mean an issue - think of alternate meanings...

Sorry for the confusion!
    Last edited by Laura_Everett; Mar 21 2014 at 05:55 PM.

I take "issue" to mean "offspring". "Nature's Issue" could then mean a great many things, so rather than narrow it I will take it as the entire category. The "Mother" of "Nature's Issue" would thus be Yavanna.

You are so very close, had you but narrowed the term "nature" But yes.... It is referring to Mother ...... Child

I had two thoughts.

One being the two trees, offspring as it were of Yavanna's thought.

The other is the Ents.

Nope, afraid not but good answers!

Could it be Morgoth, Who made orcs they have been nature's issue ever after, He was the "mother" of natures issue
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Nope, sorry

Just a hint... The answer is not a Valar or a Maiar!

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast