We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
    Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Beren and Luthien might have been it - if this wasn't a trick question. Lets say you're on the right track with that, but wrong direction
    trick question how? were the lovers not "star-crossed"? Did her father approve of the young man? Did they not both die tragically? Like Sam and rosy?
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Ok 3-2-1 comin' up: (might be a stretch)

"Romeo and Juliet"
    I am a bit confused.
    Eddie, can you explain how you think a 3-2-1 riddle works?
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    I am a bit confused.
    Eddie, can you explain how you think a 3-2-1 riddle works?
    A 3 word clue leading to (in this case) a non-Tolkien 2 word clue leading to a 1word answer from Tolkiens works

A 3 word clue leading to (in this case) a non-Tolkien 2 word clue leading to a 1word answer from Tolkiens works
    Thanks, just making sure we are all on the same page.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Thanks, just making sure we are all on the same page.
    Nice clarification Boraxxe. I had completely forgotten that he'd said 3-2-1.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Hmm, let’s try:
    Romeo and Juliet -> William Shakespeare -> Bilbo (a famous writer in ME?)
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Hmm, let’s try:
    Romeo and Juliet -> William Shakespeare -> Bilbo (a famous writer in ME?)
    Second step is spot on, but not the Bilbo part. Won´t give hints just yet

Romeo and Juliet -> William Shakespeare -> Bard

That was my 2nd thought, this time it is you beating me to the punch sir!
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Not Bard, sir. My last step is actually a very simple and shallow association. Nearly ridiculous.

how about...

Bill?

how about...

Bill?
    It´s a play on words...and letters. pronounce the second clue slowly...

The valiant Théoden as his army entered the Battle of the Pelennor Fields:
    Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!
    (JRRT in ROTK, The Ride of the Rohirrim)
    (BTW, although PJ's move change the quote slightly, I still thought it did an awesome job of capturing this moment).

The valiant Théoden as his army entered the Battle of the Pelennor Fields:

(BTW, although PJ's move change the quote slightly, I still thought it did an awesome job of capturing this moment).
    that is actually the best of the answers i would have accepted. You got the Shake-speare part pinned down. You're up

Yes, whatever problems one might have w/ Jackson's interpretation or the good professor's works, one cannot deny that the visuals are stunning, amazing, outstanding (it beggars the English language to attempt to adequately describe the incomparable visuals of Jackson film).

Awesome riddling and solving, btw.

Next riddle:

Opposite Erect Vision

(and yes, this is a PG-rated riddle so don't take it that way!)

probably wrong, but it made me think of the Hills of Hearing and Sight around Rauros - the Hill of Hearing would be opposite the Hill of Sight, which could be said to be an erect place where vision could occur. So, Amon Lhaw.

Next riddle:

Opposite Erect Vision

(and yes, this is a PG-rated riddle so don't take it that way!)
    Again, gotta start somewhere, so; In mirror of Galadriel, Samwise saw a vision of the party tree cut down (opposite of erect)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post
    probably wrong, but it made me think of the Hills of Hearing and Sight around Rauros - the Hill of Hearing would be opposite the Hill of Sight, which could be said to be an erect place where vision could occur. So, Amon Lhaw.
    Wow, very close to the answer I'm looking for! Hmm, should I guide you further or let you figure out on your own? Let's see if someone can get it just knowing this is quite close to the answer...

Tol Brandir was my second choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post
    OK, guess I need to add a hint:
    - riddle: Opposite Erect Vision
    - 1st hint: Hills of Hearing and Sight around Rauros was very close
    - 2nd hint: Consider Opposite & Erect together

Misty Mountains a blind shot.

The vale in Mirkwood where Bilbo climbed a tree and tried to see how much there was left of the forest? But he couldn't, 'cose it was a vale.

EDIT: Or no. I think I'll change that to Boromir tryin' to find Bilbo after he put on the ring.

EDIT(2): nonono. cancel out that too. The Seat of seeing on Amon Hen. Sitting is opposite to standing.
    Last edited by EddieMuerto; Oct 26 2013 at 04:39 PM.

The vale in Mirkwood where Bilbo climbed a tree and tried to see how much there was left of the forest? But he couldn't, 'cose it was a vale.

EDIT: Or no. I think I'll change that to Boromir tryin' to find Bilbo after he put on the ring.

EDIT(2): nonono. cancel out that too. The Seat of seeing on Amon Hen. Sitting is opposite to standing.
    The judges are conferring, having a heated discussion... and yes they will accept an edited answer! Sitting is the opposite of erect (standing), so the Seat of Seeing is what I was looking for.

You're up!

The judges are conferring, having a heated discussion... and yes they will accept an edited answer! Sitting is the opposite of erect (standing), so the Seat of Seeing is what I was looking for.

You're up!
    Think I'll roll the next riddle to someone. Can't come up with a good one.

But hereby I solemnly swear on my copies of the lore (on multiple languages) to make it a sake of honor (for myself) to have riddle ready before I throw guesses. (If You, My Fellow Riddlers, Approve Of It)
    Last edited by EddieMuerto; Oct 27 2013 at 06:55 AM.

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast