We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    First thing that comes to mind is the Fellowship with 4 halflings in it.
    Now that's an interesting guess that I never anticipated....

Good try, but that's not the answer.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

First thing that comes to mind is the Fellowship with 4 halflings in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Now that's an interesting guess that I never anticipated....

Good try, but that's not the answer.
    After thinking some more about this I have decided that Ego's answer is so close to the same concept that I was going for that I am going to conceed that he has answered it correctly.

So Egorvlad, you are up!

(For extra points you all can continue to try to figure out what I was going for. I will hold back that answer for a few days.)
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

After thinking some more about this I have decided that Ego's answer is so close to the same concept that I was going for that I am going to conceed that he has answered it correctly.

So Egorvlad, you are up!

(For extra points you all can continue to try to figure out what I was going for. I will hold back that answer for a few days.)
    Same concept but different answer... Now that's a hard one! Elrond's family with 4 half-elves in it? Thinking further...

Then next one is:

mood swing siblings
    Last edited by Egorvlad; Oct 10 2013 at 04:18 PM.

Same concept but different answer... Now that's a hard one! Elrond's family with 4 half-elves in it? Thinking further...

Then next one is:

mood swing siblings
    How about Túrin and his sister Nienor, the children or Hurin? They certainly had up-and-down lives.

Alternatively we have Belushidoc and Aykroydagrim, the Blues Brothers of the Marrish.

How about Túrin and his sister Nienor, the children or Hurin? They certainly had up-and-down lives.

Alternatively we have Belushidoc and Aykroydagrim, the Blues Brothers of the Marrish.
    Half right about Hurin's children. I meant "mood" in a more literal sense.

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Half right about Hurin's children. I meant "mood" in a more literal sense.
    Okay, how about, Urwen was a happy child. Nienor was sorrowful. and Turin was a fairly angry young man.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Lmao! I consider myself to be a pretty sharp individual but sometimes am a bit slow on the uptake. I just saw what you did there.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Okay, how about, Urwen was a happy child. Nienor was sorrowful. and Turin was a fairly angry young man.
    Right, Lalaith & Nienor - "Laughter" and "Mourning" quite literally.

Right, Lalaith & Nienor - "Laughter" and "Mourning" quite literally.
    Got there even if in a round-about way.
    Okay 3-2-1 let's see if I remember how this goes three word clue which may or may not come from Tolkien's writings, leading to two words which also may or may not be from Tolkien(?), leading to a one word answer that definitely does come from the good Professor's works. Boraxxe or somebody, correct me if wrong.

Sylvan citadel Pastoralist

Got there even if in a round-about way.
    Okay 3-2-1 let's see if I remember how this goes three word clue which may or may not come from Tolkien's writings, leading to two words which also may or may not be from Tolkien(?), leading to a one word answer that definitely does come from the good Professor's works. Boraxxe or somebody, correct me if wrong.

Sylvan citadel Pastoralist
    Oohh, a 3-2-1 again! Since we’ve got to start somewhere, here’s a guess: Gandalf

My reasoning: Sylvan Citadel Pastoralist –> Forest Tower Shepherd –> Gandalf, who ‘shepherded’ Sauron out of Dol Guldur in TA 2063 in an attempt to discover who was behind the growing evil there.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Oohh, a 3-2-1 again! Since we’ve got to start somewhere, here’s a guess: Gandalf

My reasoning: Sylvan Citadel Pastoralist –> Forest Tower Shepherd –> Gandalf, who ‘shepherded’ Sauron out of Dol Guldur in TA 2063 in an attempt to discover who was behind the growing evil there.
    Interesting other than not being correct, the flaw I see in your reasoning is subtle, ie; Gandalf, et al, "drove" sauron from Dol Guldur. Shepherds "lead: or "guide," rather than "drive" their flocks. Sauron was decidedly not a member of Galdalf's flock.

So close------and yet so far.

Sylvan citadel pastoralist

How about Fangorn (Treebeard). Ents are shepherds of trees. And treebeard got the keys for Orthanc temporarily and the vale was given to the ents by king Elessar.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    How about Fangorn (Treebeard). Ents are shepherds of trees. And treebeard got the keys for Orthanc temporarily and the vale was given to the ents by king Elessar.
    I should just give it to you, Dead Ed, but you're being just a bit too literal and specific. Think metaphorical and general. Oh so close.

I should just give it to you, Dead Ed, but you're being just a bit too literal and specific. Think metaphorical and general. Oh so close.
    Umm.. Bilbo guiding the dwarves out of Thranduils halls in Eastern Mirkwood. But something tells me that might be even further from the right answer.

Umm.. Bilbo guiding the dwarves out of Thranduils halls in Eastern Mirkwood. But something tells me that might be even further from the right answer.
    Yes Eddie', You're getting colder.

Well, how about Beorn?

Well, how about Beorn?
    Et tu Boraxxe? I thought when you weighed in on this you'd nail it. Alas!

Alright, focus everyone. The clue is; Sylvan citadel Pastoralist. Look closely for (subtle?) differences which could be clues.
    EddieMuerto actually said it (his first guess, not second) but when he said it he was stating the reason for his answer, not his answer, which is the only reason I did not name him the victor.
    more hint tomorrow if needed.
    Last edited by Duathrandir; Oct 17 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Et tu Boraxxe? I thought when you weighed in on this you'l nail it. Alas!

Alright, focus everyone. The clue is; Sylvan citadel Pastoralist. Look closely for (subtle?) differences which could be clues.
    EddieMuerto actually said it (his first guess, not second) but when he said it he was stating the reason for his answer, not his answer, which is the only reason I did not name him the victor.
    more hint tomorrow if needed.
    So is the answer simply Ent (the earthborn, old as mountains)?

Edit: (alternate) Haldir of the Silvan elves, who guided the fellowship to Caras Galadhon. Why I said Bilbo before was because the elves of Thranduils halls were Silvan elves (though Thranduil himself and ex. Legolas actually were of sindarin origin. Legolas can't be the answer.)

But given your hints i can only think that you meant ents
    Last edited by EddieMuerto; Oct 17 2013 at 06:17 AM.

The ent's house.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

So is the answer simply Ent (the earthborn, old as mountains)?

Edit: (alternate) Haldir of the Silvan elves, who guided the fellowship to Caras Galadhon. Why I said Bilbo before was because the elves of Thranduils halls were Silvan elves (though Thranduil himself and ex. Legolas actually were of sindarin origin. Legolas can't be the answer.)

But given your hints i can only think that you meant ents
    Yes! Ding ding ding ding! You've got it, and so you've got the riddle stick. Hit us.

Yes! Ding ding ding ding! You've got it, and so you've got the riddle stick. Hit us.
    Ok 3-2-1 comin' up: (might be a stretch)

"Romeo and Juliet"

Beren & Luthien, her father oppose to their marriage. Or the tragic of the Children of Hurim, they comited suicide beleiving each other dead.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Beren & Luthien, her father oppose to their marriage. Or the tragic of the Children of Hurim, they comited suicide beleiving each other dead.
    Beren and Luthien might have been it - if this wasn't a trick question. Lets say you're on the right track with that, but wrong direction

Exclamation

Then it is Beren & Luthien & there is much of that story that is the same as Romeo & Juliet (exept Juliet wasn't elf).

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Then it is Beren & Luthien & there is much of that story that is the same as Romeo & Juliet (exept Juliet wasn't elf).
    Well, it's not Beren and Lúthien

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast