We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Chat Log/Save

Chat Log/Save

Does anyone know if there is a plugin that will track my chat for occurences of certain chat strings, and then save all occurences of that string? Kind of like Garan's ''Alerter'' plugin but saves the alerts
    onlevel [B]TOO[/B] 1/5 [B]OD [/B]2/6 [B]BG [/B]1/3scaled : [B]LOLEREBOR [/B]2/3 [B]OD [/B]6/6 [B]BG[/B] 3/3 [B]HELEGROD [/B]3/3

Quote Originally Posted by jazzguitarmanic View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a plugin that will track my chat for occurences of certain chat strings, and then save all occurences of that string? Kind of like Garan's ''Alerter'' plugin but saves the alerts
    I don't know of any that already exists, but it wouldn't be too hard to modify Alerter to add a timestamped entry to a log as a Response action and then save that as a .plugindata file in the unload handler - basically all the code already exists, it's mostly a matter of cut and paste and add a few lines of code to enable saving the log and a UI field to the Response tab. Any particular reason you want to log specific chat messages? I'm curious about the intended end use, it may be a useful addition to Alerter.

epeen reasons lol :P

when I'm raiding it is too risky to go searching through the combat chat looking for my big 20k remorseless hit or my 7k Bolster or whatever. I could just log my combat chat and at the end of the night look through it, but that takes way too long and I am way too lazy to do that.

Ideally the functionality I want is that it would moniter my combat log, and everytime a skill is used and hits/heals above a certain threshold the plugin would copy and past the entire ''Anfaugliri scored a devasting hit with....'' into a chat log. however, if it is not possible to get the threshold thing, I would be happy with just copying all of my hits with remorseless
    onlevel [B]TOO[/B] 1/5 [B]OD [/B]2/6 [B]BG [/B]1/3scaled : [B]LOLEREBOR [/B]2/3 [B]OD [/B]6/6 [B]BG[/B] 3/3 [B]HELEGROD [/B]3/3

I finally got aroundto adding the ability to save alert occurences to a log file to LotRO Alerts. Currently it only saves the alert output message and timestamp to the log, not the original alert, but I will probably change that in the next version (probably available sometime early next year at this rate). If you want to log multiple alerts and sort through them you will need an external parser as they are saved in a .plugindata file (the only files we can save from LotRO's Lua implementation).