We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    3,314

    Farming changes in RoR

    This is from beta and subject to change so I apologize if it's different when it hits live. On Bullroarer, I am able to farm and harvest 12 fields before despawning happens. This is with store bought farming tools (-2.9s harvest time). Level 85 crit farming tools have a -3.25s harvest time so I believe you'll be able to do 13 fields before they despawn. I timed it out at about 63 seconds per field before it despawns. Planting takes about 9 seconds. Hopefully it's not a bug and gets fixed cause I like it.

    Processing soil is still painfully slow.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    3,314
    There's been an update to compost processing.

    In beta processing compost takes about 8 seconds per clump. On live it takes about 18 seconds per clump.

    It seems like between field processing and compost processing, they cut the time in half. Takes less time to plant fields and less time to process soil.

    GREAT NEWS!!!
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Also, the RARE chance to get TARNISHED CRESTS OF ROHAN in your T8 Fields =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    299
    It appears as if the drop rate of Scholar dye mats has been increased, at least for Well-Tended Fields. While levelling a Farmer last night, I planted a number of dye-producing crops and was getting a dye mat to drop maybe 70-75% of the time, often getting two materials from one field. For example, I planted 12 Well-Tended Elder fields and received 18 Juicy Elderberries from the lot.

    I also got a Beryl shard from a blackberry field
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000fb565/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    3,314
    Ok so now we know that crafting crit items can drop from lower tier fields too. Thanks for the info.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,573
    I have probably planted over 1200 fields now. Got 1 tarnished crest before I hit 200. Zero drops since. I have tried cofee, turnips, cherry tree and rye in different combinations of normal and hearty fields. Pretty dismal returns and I'll stick to ore nodes / war bands for better chances.

    Just as a contrast I have gotten 2 tarnished crests from less than 2 stacks of ore.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    I have probably planted over 1200 fields now. Got 1 tarnished crest before I hit 200. Zero drops since. I have tried cofee, turnips, cherry tree and rye in different combinations of normal and hearty fields. Pretty dismal returns and I'll stick to ore nodes / war bands for better chances.

    Just as a contrast I have gotten 2 tarnished crests from less than 2 stacks of ore.
    To be fair, farming IS lower risk, so not a huge surprise. Also, whether it's crit and whether it's hearty might make a difference - it certainly does on drop rates of peat and the cooking optional "spices"

    I have one tarnished crest from probably 300 fields (yielding about 1000 bundles of stuff prior to workbench), and approximately 25 of those fields were "critted" Hearty fields, others were normal (only a rare crit, non-hearty)

    Edit: Note: The crest came from a normal, non-crit field.
    Last edited by uvm.tp; Oct 17 2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: added commment that crest came from normal field

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by uvm.tp View Post
    To be fair, farming IS lower risk, so not a huge surprise. Also, whether it's crit and whether it's hearty might make a difference - it certainly does on drop rates of peat and the cooking optional "spices"

    I have one tarnished crest from probably 300 fields (yielding about 1000 bundles of stuff prior to workbench), and approximately 25 of those fields were "critted" Hearty fields, others were normal (only a rare crit, non-hearty)

    Edit: Note: The crest came from a normal, non-crit field.
    I used the field crit item (soil or peat can't remember) on probably about 200 fields. Didn't get a single crest. I do think my one drop was in a normal turnip field.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    274
    The drop rate is competely random, I did 300 fields on Tuesday and got 5, all from no critted fields. Same can be said for ore nodes, I have farmed over 100 of them and not gotten 1 today, so it's the random number game still
    Retired from EM until things are kinda balanced again

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliee View Post
    The drop rate is competely random, I did 300 fields on Tuesday and got 5, all from no critted fields. Same can be said for ore nodes, I have farmed over 100 of them and not gotten 1 today, so it's the random number game still
    Thanks, I'll try again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Susuwatari View Post
    It appears as if the drop rate of Scholar dye mats has been increased, at least for Well-Tended Fields. While levelling a Farmer last night, I planted a number of dye-producing crops and was getting a dye mat to drop maybe 70-75% of the time, often getting two materials from one field. For example, I planted 12 Well-Tended Elder fields and received 18 Juicy Elderberries from the lot.

    I also got a Beryl shard from a blackberry field
    It is not just well-tended fields. I planted 16 green onion fields (only one of which ended up being well-tended) and got 15 onion skins (1 from the well-tended and the others from the regular fields). Of the 15 regular fields, 5 of them gave no onion skins and 4 of them gave 2 onion skins.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    It is not just well-tended fields. I planted 16 green onion fields (only one of which ended up being well-tended) and got 15 onion skins (1 from the well-tended and the others from the regular fields). Of the 15 regular fields, 5 of them gave no onion skins and 4 of them gave 2 onion skins.
    Good to know that it's not just the crit fields. Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000fb565/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #13
    First ~500 fields I made I got 4 crests. Next ~500 I got another 4 crests. Since then, I crafted about 800 fields and only 2 crests from them. Seemed like a good way to get crests at first but now I have my doubts. Just have to be lucky, just like in everything else in this game.

  14. #14
    I've done about 600 fields without a crest - good to know that it's not just crit fields as most of them weren't.

    Also, is there an expert farmer npc in Snowbourn? Or anywhere in Rohan? I keep getting told 'yes by the fields outside the crack in the wall' but there are no npcs nearby at all except two crofters that just walk around and are not clickable.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001a286c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  15. #15

    Wink Some questions are better left unanswered

    Quote Originally Posted by rhegan View Post
    Or anywhere in Rohan?
    I haven't been here and there yet but I've seen one in northern part of the Wold, near farmlands there. I must warn you though, there are only farmlands and this expert farmer, not even a workbench.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000018034/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingion View Post
    I haven't been here and there yet but I've seen one in northern part of the Wold, near farmlands there. I must warn you though, there are only farmlands and this expert farmer, not even a workbench.
    Haha, too funny. The other place has fields and nothing else, and a workbench halfway across town, but no npc. Ok thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001a286c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  17. #17

    Workbench

    Just did my first RoR farming in the Wold and as you say: no workbench. Tried all the doors a few times, thinking they put it inside....but no. Just an oversight I hope, one that will be corrected shortly. What a pain having to ride back to Harwick to process crops.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Cool

    Just got 3 crest when farming ~50 cherry trees.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    812
    I have farmed over 100 Tarnished Crests since Rohan came out. I have proven and disprove a few ideas that people have about it.

    1) Crit field or not, does not matter. The act of harvesting is all that matters. How do I know this? I have farmed 2,000 crit fields and averaged less Tarnished Crests than without. 76% of my crests have come from non crit fields.

    2) Crest rate is random. No it is not. It is roughly .3% drop rate. I can farm 300 fields and get 1-3, and sometimes farm 300 fields and get 0. I average out at 1 every 300 fields.

    3) You must farm in Rohan to get crests. Yes.

    4) You must farm T8 fields to get crests. Don't know, have not tried to farm anything under T8 other than about 100 onions, but I got no crests in that one.

    My point is you don't have to crit, your tools dont matter, your experience level in farming does not matter, and what you farm does not matter (T8). The act of harvesting any T8 farm is what triggers the crest.
    Last edited by stratospaly; Nov 21 2012 at 02:55 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000001f422/01005/signature.png]Stratos[/charsig]

    [url=http://www.wegame.com/watch/Warden_massive_pulls/]Warden Massive Pulls[/url]

  20. #20
    As for farming lower tier fields, you will not get Crests, however you do have a chance of pulling up a shard, mithril flake, or Sigil. They are the same as the rare sigs they usually drop from. Tied to level and area that materials drop from. So from a tier 3 field, you'll get a tier 3 shard. Tier 6 field, a Flake, T7 a Rhi Helvarch Sigil, and from a T8 field a Tarnished Crest of Rohan.

    Also, despite what everyone else says, it's all random numbers and luck. (That being said, I'm sure you're likely to get more if you have your Lucky Horseshoe equipped, or at the very least in your bags.)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002467e4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  21. #21
    As someone thinking strongly of coming back (Because I keep hearing amazing things about Rohan, making me feel like a complete fool for ever leaving *sigh*), I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted. Farming - well, crafting in general, was one of my favorite pastimes in LoTRO, and seeing these changes was extremely heartening.

    I'm still holding out hope they'll make processing less of a "Start it, then go watch a movie on Netflix" affair, but one miracle at a time.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    812
    It seems the Tarnished Crest drop rate from farming has been nurfed in the past few weeks. I went from getting one every 300 seed\water or so to nearly every 1200 seed\water. This is over many thousands of farms farmed over the past week or two.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000001f422/01005/signature.png]Stratos[/charsig]

    [url=http://www.wegame.com/watch/Warden_massive_pulls/]Warden Massive Pulls[/url]

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by stratospaly View Post
    3) You must farm in Rohan to get crests. Yes.
    This is false. I have done over 95% of my farming in Galtrev for crests. The only reason I went to try in Rohan was to see if I was able to 'auto-loot' and have the items I did not have space for go into the temp storage (which it doesn't). I set up a macro to farm and wanted to test this.



    If anyone is curious, this is what it looks like.



    The black line is the first 'end' of the macro. If you wanted to do it simple, copy that and stop at the black line. Also, take out the '1' key press and the delay that follows it. The reason I have the 1 in there is because I do this with multiple farming tools. I have 6 so I have it repeat itself just changing the number key (I switch my farming tools to the 1-6 locations on my bar when I do this). Normally, I can do 500 fields without all my tools breaking, not all of them are superior ones.

    Also, the most important thing, you have to keep the mouse arrow pointed at the 'Make' button.

    The delays I put are a little longer than needed because of lag. Also the delay needs to be at the front, it will ignore the delay if it is the last command in the macro.
    Last edited by deeman25845601; Jan 25 2013 at 09:45 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload