We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Questions about target calling/leading

Hello, I would like to have some useful advice and tips here.

For last 2 weekends as a hunter, I've led (nothing but mostly target calling) couple of times in Freeps raid.

If you guys have seen my clips from Youtube, you may have noticed that my target calling is mainly based on the most vulnerable one (Easy kill).

Here's my target priority list.

1. Low ranks
    2. Shadow wargs (not tanky one like 'Shupth' in raid)
    3. The one away from defilers/warleader or their focus (Reaver who chased after a freep far too much or BA standing behinds defilers)
    4. Defilers/Warleaders
    5. Spiders (I don't want to kill myself in raid...)

I am not sure whether I am doing this right since I sucked the big one in last weekend...
    (Played for 5 hours straight but got only 3k reknowns with Freeps having Matron/Rottenroot)

What's your decision as a raid leader if you are keep getting outnumbered yet Creeps don't let us having more OPs.

Any advice or suggestion for me??

Quote Originally Posted by Lindviore View Post

For last 2 weekends as a hunter, I've led (nothing but mostly target calling) couple of times in Freeps raid.

If you guys have seen my clips from Youtube, you may have noticed that my target calling is mainly based on the most vulnerable one (Easy kill).

1. Low ranks
    3. The one away from defilers/warleader or their focus (Reaver who chased after a freep far too much or BA standing behinds defilers)
    4. Defilers/Warleaders

I am not sure whether I am doing this right since I sucked the big one in last weekend...
    (Played for 5 hours straight but got only 3k reknowns with Freeps having Matron/Rottenroot)

What's your decision as a raid leader if you are keep getting outnumbered yet Creeps don't let us having more OPs.

Dont play in raids

Or....when you need to play in raids

Hit and run ftw.

I might not be sure exactly what you are asking though. Are you asking about your target calling hierarchy when outnumbered with no ops or what do raid leaders in general do when outnumbered with no ops?

Cool

Hmm...outnumbered and don't have outposts..The only logical thing to do is not to fight...Try and split on the creep raid the more looking for you the less there are in the raid moving...Try and stay away from map points, As in If you're going to fight make the creep raid blow a couple map ins mostly fighting near good lug and up in there is a good place because of only having 1 map in point and a large return time.

Try Cutting the head off the snake,Killing leadership is the good way to kill a raid. Sometimes you can find someone like Leaytha targeting threw aceinthehole so she doesn't lag. This is a good way to find target callers.

Keeping your groupmates together at all time. They run off = very disorganized raid, You need to keep people with you or they get picked off easily or they die you have to get off horses to rez which gives creeps to call out X marks the spot. Which then You don't have the Element of Surprise.

Moving around is key to get kills while being outnumbered. You just kill bitseys little group of leachers? Don't sit there basking in the glow that you killed the B team because they are screaming in OOC For the A-team to come save/scrape them. Moving around makes the creeps have to spend time looking which makes creeps bored and need something to do aka Go to one of your keeps and PVE. Try fighting dirty fear the healers in the npcs fearing annoys creep healers. Fearing everytime it comes up is a good way to lock down wls/defilers. Telling people not to touch them while being feared is a good way to keep that longer. The potion is on a 2m cooldown and gives about a 5-10 sec immunity, So with no other way to remove a fear is the best way to ruin a creeps day.

Trying to Recruit more players is another key Advantage over creeps. You have a Glff, Creeps Don't have this Luxury. What you see is what creeps get unless they have people on Speed Dial Which BSE TMR AND Grothum have. Sometimes this can backfire and get more creeps out than freeps. But It is still a better way than complaining about not having ops and sitting at gv the rest of the night getting frustrated.

Try making it interesting, try and pull the fight to Ost Ringdyr If the creeps are massacreing you Make them fight on your terms..you have about 30-40 npcs to drag onto creeps. Ranged npc's are the worst for Warleaders, Warleaders Can't heal with more than 2 coldfell hunters. Trust me I LOATHE them.

Try Destroying reavers/wargs/ba's If you have enough fears in a raid to lock down the healers. While on a target and its getting Billions of heals Switch fast to something else Like If you are targeting Maggotmeat Attack agent orange, All heals will still be going to maggotmeat until its being called to heal Agent next.

You don't really need ops to win a fight. Creeps have shown this tons last update. Its only when the coordination is lacking is when you have the trouble. You have to look at your raid as a Machine. a well Oiled and sharpened machine will eat anything in its path without needing any fuel much fuel.

Getting someone with more brain cells than a coke addict to call targets is another key to Winning. When you are calling targets you need to say "target this guy" <explain before you leave gv that THIS means "use a couple skills to show we are targeting this guy so he gets heals. then say "Spike this guy" Which should mean BURN HIM DOWN USE ANYTHING TO KILL IT. once it gets alot of heals switch. Don't sit on a Warleader that is traited like a Mac-truck has a wl backup wl and a defiler in his group and think you'll some how burn him down even with the combined help of 2 fire rks.

Anyways I hope this has helped you in some way. And to those wondering why I haven't been playing, It is Simple. I hate how overpowered we are And it bores me to the point of sleep. I have been underpowered for the last 7 years and to be this overpowered it seriously makes it unfair to the other side. This is why I gave out a couple hints/tips/tricks On how I have led my raids as a full helpful gesture to the only real person who is still trying to lead raids.
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Or....when you need to play in raids

Hit and run ftw.

I might not be sure exactly what you are asking though. Are you asking about your target calling hierarchy when outnumbered with no ops or what do raid leaders in general do when outnumbered with no ops?

I asked about both target hierarchy and strategy when freeps are getting outnumbered, sorry if I made it unclear above there.

Also thanks about "Hit and run" comment... but what if u can't get any or enough kills to having fun while hit...

Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    Hmm...outnumbered and don't have outposts..The only logical thing to do is not to fight...Try and split on the creep raid the more looking for you the less there are in the raid moving...Try and stay away from map points, As in If you're going to fight make the creep raid blow a couple map ins mostly fighting near good lug and up in there is a good place because of only having 1 map in point and a large return time.

- Yeah... "The only logical thing to do is not to fight" That's what I learned for last 2 weeks... and I reached to similar conclusion. I won't fight until I can be sure about Freeps win or at least having some kills.

Good lugz sounds great if Freeps have TR. Thank you!!

Try Cutting the head off the snake,Killing leadership is the good way to kill a raid. Sometimes you can find someone like Leaytha targeting threw aceinthehole so she doesn't lag. This is a good way to find target callers.

- I see... but it's just hard to kill you or other leaders with mic because you guys can ask to your healers...

Keeping your groupmates together at all time. They run off = very disorganized raid, You need to keep people with you or they get picked off easily or they die you have to get off horses to rez which gives creeps to call out X marks the spot. Which then You don't have the Element of Surprise.

Moving around is key to get kills while being outnumbered. You just kill bitseys little group of leachers? Don't sit there basking in the glow that you killed the B team because they are screaming in OOC For the A-team to come save/scrape them. Moving around makes the creeps have to spend time looking which makes creeps bored and need something to do aka Go to one of your keeps and PVE. Try fighting dirty fear the healers in the npcs fearing annoys creep healers. Fearing everytime it comes up is a good way to lock down wls/defilers. Telling people not to touch them while being feared is a good way to keep that longer. The potion is on a 2m cooldown and gives about a 5-10 sec immunity, So with no other way to remove a fear is the best way to ruin a creeps day.

- Fearing healers I see... I will ask minis to do so from now on.

Trying to Recruit more players is another key Advantage over creeps. You have a Glff, Creeps Don't have this Luxury. What you see is what creeps get unless they have people on Speed Dial Which BSE TMR AND Grothum have. Sometimes this can backfire and get more creeps out than freeps. But It is still a better way than complaining about not having ops and sitting at gv the rest of the night getting frustrated.

- I use glff when I need more Creeps not Freeps because of that "backfire" and I get tells from non-95s...... "Speed Dial" haven't heard of such program exists... is it like ventrillo?
    Anyway, I didn't sit at gv... that's why I felt bad last weekend... I led other freeps in my groups to death against un-winnable numbers of creeps... I felt guilty conscience.

Try making it interesting, try and pull the fight to Ost Ringdyr If the creeps are massacreing you Make them fight on your terms..you have about 30-40 npcs to drag onto creeps. Ranged npc's are the worst for Warleaders, Warleaders Can't heal with more than 2 coldfell hunters. Trust me I LOATHE them.

- Alright I will try it in OR... I like fighting with our NPCs especially with CGs in certain keep haven't tried OR.

Try Destroying reavers/wargs/ba's If you have enough fears in a raid to lock down the healers. While on a target and its getting Billions of heals Switch fast to something else Like If you are targeting Maggotmeat Attack agent orange, All heals will still be going to maggotmeat until its being called to heal Agent next.

You don't really need ops to win a fight. Creeps have shown this tons last update. Its only when the coordination is lacking is when you have the trouble. You have to look at your raid as a Machine. a well Oiled and sharpened machine will eat anything in its path without needing any fuel much fuel.

- Interesting... I got similar feedback from "Turmonk" my dear kinnie... but still I think the number of OP matters greatly for hunter when Craids have decent spiders... -810 Agility poison makes hunter literally incapable of dps.

Getting someone with more brain cells than a coke addict to call targets is another key to Winning. When you are calling targets you need to say "target this guy" <explain before you leave gv that THIS means "use a couple skills to show we are targeting this guy so he gets heals. then say "Spike this guy" Which should mean BURN HIM DOWN USE ANYTHING TO KILL IT. once it gets alot of heals switch. Don't sit on a Warleader that is traited like a Mac-truck has a wl backup wl and a defiler in his group and think you'll some how burn him down even with the combined help of 2 fire rks.

- Hmm... how did u know I am addicted to coke (Sprite technically I drink it all the time)... I will find better person haha.

Anyways I hope this has helped you in some way. And to those wondering why I haven't been playing, It is Simple. I hate how overpowered we are And it bores me to the point of sleep. I have been underpowered for the last 7 years and to be this overpowered it seriously makes it unfair to the other side. This is why I gave out a couple hints/tips/tricks On how I have led my raids as a full helpful gesture to the only real person who is still trying to lead raids.
    - Helped me a lot. I appreciate for this sincerely!!! Couple of RRs are returning to LOTRO in this Summer... Soon you may see Timewalker back in the middleearth. We had kinship meeting in real life last weekend and Timewalker showed up. I haven't met him in game before but from what you guys wrote in here... He's kind of legends in here as well.... Thanks Maggot. I will do my best...
    Last edited by Lindviore; Jul 01 2014 at 02:53 AM.

You just kill bitseys little group of leachers? Don't sit there basking in the glow that you killed the B team because they are screaming in OOC For the A-team to come save/scrape them
    HAHAHA - This is 100% true.

Telekinetic / Bleedinghearts / Bleedtodeath

I don't think war leaders have been too underpowered, and certainly not the way defilers have been. But anyway Lind one thing I can recommend is using the outposts to your advantage. Get a good number of freeps together and take an outpost. Hide inside or in the delving if needed. You know creeps will show up, most of them can't resist. Wipe them once or twice or however many times you need to and go take another one. If you need keeps start with the weakest ones first and work your way up. In raid vs raid fights make the healers work, try switching targets if someone isn't going down fast enough.

Also don't be afraid to try flanks, flanks can be a great way for an underpowered side to gain an advantage over the other. You can also have a couple target assists and use one assist to try and create a diversion or some chaos amongst the healers, just don't use 4 in a full raid and have each group follow its own assist target. Its completely stupid and doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    I don't think war leaders have been too underpowered, and certainly not the way defilers have been. But anyway Lind one thing I can recommend is using the outposts to your advantage. Get a good number of freeps together and take an outpost. Hide inside or in the delving if needed. You know creeps will show up, most of them can't resist. Wipe them once or twice or however many times you need to and go take another one. If you need keeps start with the weakest ones first and work your way up. In raid vs raid fights make the healers work, try switching targets if someone isn't going down fast enough.

- Yeah... I want to use OP as my advantage. Getting a good number of freeps is beyond my ability... I will try but well...
    Wiping Craids is not gonna happen if they bring more than 3 Wls in raid... it's just not gonna happen...

Also don't be afraid to try flanks, flanks can be a great way for an underpowered side to gain an advantage over the other. You can also have a couple target assists and use one assist to try and create a diversion or some chaos amongst the healers, just don't use 4 in a full raid and have each group follow its own assist target. Its completely stupid and doesn't work.
    -Flanking is kind of an option for Creeps since not much burglar plays on freepside and we don't have Maps like u...
    About target assist, sure I don't want more than 2 Target assists in raid. One is for main caller and the other for forwarding it...
    Zaxima did great job as target caller... I think it was much easier for me to play/lead when I was not the only hunter in raid.

Anyway, I do appreciate for your comments too!! I will try to make it more interesting!!

1. Low ranks
    4. Defilers/Warleaders

I lead on ark and we do pretty good... I'm sure the dynamics are different because of different players.. ect...

So take what you can from this post.. ask questions if you have them or ignore this completely..

#1 always have confidence in anything you do as a leader..it can be very contagious

#2 can you tell me the group composition you usually run with and who does what?? (Setup is very important)

#3 I would only go after wargs first if you have too many on your healers to the point the healers cannot heal effectively.

#4 Work your helping debuffs!... personally I believe you should be going after the WL first.. you are putting off their heals and rezzes for so long you are stacking the odds against you... if you kill the WL first you take away rezzes, bubbles, and possibly even banners ....leaving them alive for so long is going to lead to your death... remember to work healing rebuffs... THEY ARE AMAZING AND U MUST BALANCE THEM WITH CC!!

#5 if creeps are dominating ops... either make a distraction group while you flip 1-2 ops or.. flip one close to your red ... and if you have the delving down pat.. use that to move... this is all based on your personal creativity... not 1 same plan may work twice... in the end..you can make a crazy plan and go with it....

If you have more questions please ask...

P.s.
    I would go in this order for tar getting
    WL-DEFI-DPS-spider

However.. this isn't set in concrete ... with enough defilers.. you may need to hit squishies quick and hard and rotate... never become accustomed to a proper list of focus fire.. make sure your plans are adaptable.

P.s.s

If you are outnumbered.. fight with something to your back, Rez, OR one shots... not gv.. its not that tactical..) or in a keep bd room.. that place is great way to seperate numbers and keep yours whole...

P.S.S.S

Make your own path to victory... don't just follow what another leader does.

Cintona/Deok
    Last edited by motumbo; Jul 01 2014 at 12:43 PM.

I asked about both target hierarchy and strategy when freeps are getting outnumbered, sorry if I made it unclear above there.

Also thanks about "Hit and run" comment... but what if u can't get any or enough kills to having fun while hit...
    Someone already mentioned it and that was going to be my two cents, have a second target assist looking for off healers, people not getting heals or squishy low ranks to burst. It helps to get a few kills in and creeps are very good at figuring out who is the main assist.

Wipe them once if you do it twice then you give them a chance to reorganize, anyone with a braincell leading won't let that happen again. Also don't do this often because creeps will learn your tricks. and station people at the backdoor. You don't really need burgalers...Sending out people on horses who aren't afraid of dying and can handle themselves enough to stay alive for a couple seconds. I think Hobbit minnies Would be best for this job. 2 flops tons of heals and can withstand some of the biggest groups. All they need to do is flop twice and wait for you as a group to come in. Flanking people who don't have a head on a swivel and pre occupied with the tasty little thing laying infront of them = your best chance to winning. Target wls first in this then defilers then dps but make sure you don't allow defilers to get out of combat. You do all this in a very short time and you have already won the battle.

Let me play out a scenario for you, Lets say you have Elzemera Out playing with himself (not sexual) near good tr. Oh look the creep raid mapped in and now are jumping up and down on him because he just flopped. He tells you that hes got this many he counts the wls/defilers he targets the biggest threats and uses his 2nd flop until you can get there. by this time The creeps are thinking about all the evil torturish things they can do with his body as he is still alive. Bitsey is in the back saying she wishes to peel the skin from his bones as he watches. Maggot/ jimi / agentorange are using him as an exercise trampoline.

Shupth is looking at how stupid the oldies look jumping. and then screams FLANK!!! everyone is caught off guard by what has just happend. Bitsey isn't in her burrow OH NOES!!! Maggot was in brawler stance trying to steal the kill from sharkurp. Maggot can't heal self because hes been mezzed followed by a fear he screams for a bubble as he is targeted first. He goes down wasting a bubble. he gets rezzed the koreans target him again before he can buff himself he goes down again. He rages and opts to map in. While daindrin is the new target for the koreans, Daindrin is wishing maggotmeat was back being his fodder. the koreans actually killed the wls and have worked on the defilers.

If you do this ^ I'm sure youll win the night cause I'd be raging by the end of the night :P
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

You can also hack my TV and put something good on and I'll some how "hit a lag wall" And end up 100 meters back from the raid.

Also you can take the time to figure out how each raid leader operates. Like whether they're a head on kind of leader or more of a strategic kind of leader where he'll try and exploit a weakness like not enough heals or low dps etc etc. Its like they say, knowing your enemy is half the battle.

Thumbs up

Wipe them once if you do it twice then you give them a chance to reorganize, anyone with a braincell leading won't let that happen again. Also don't do this often because creeps will learn your tricks. and station people at the backdoor. You don't really need burgalers...Sending out people on horses who aren't afraid of dying and can handle themselves enough to stay alive for a couple seconds. I think Hobbit minnies Would be best for this job. 2 flops tons of heals and can withstand some of the biggest groups. All they need to do is flop twice and wait for you as a group to come in. Flanking people who don't have a head on a swivel and pre occupied with the tasty little thing laying infront of them = your best chance to winning. Target wls first in this then defilers then dps but make sure you don't allow defilers to get out of combat. You do all this in a very short time and you have already won the battle.

Let me play out a scenario for you, Lets say you have Elzemera Out playing with himself (not sexual) near good tr. Oh look the creep raid mapped in and now are jumping up and down on him because he just flopped. He tells you that hes got this many he counts the wls/defilers he targets the biggest threats and uses his 2nd flop until you can get there. by this time The creeps are thinking about all the evil torturish things they can do with his body as he is still alive. Bitsey is in the back saying she wishes to peel the skin from his bones as he watches. Maggot/ jimi / agentorange are using him as an exercise trampoline.

Shupth is looking at how stupid the oldies look jumping. and then screams FLANK!!! everyone is caught off guard by what has just happend. Bitsey isn't in her burrow OH NOES!!! Maggot was in brawler stance trying to steal the kill from sharkurp. Maggot can't heal self because hes been mezzed followed by a fear he screams for a bubble as he is targeted first. He goes down wasting a bubble. he gets rezzed the koreans target him again before he can buff himself he goes down again. He rages and opts to map in. While daindrin is the new target for the koreans, Daindrin is wishing maggotmeat was back being his fodder. the koreans actually killed the wls and have worked on the defilers.

If you do this ^ I'm sure youll win the night cause I'd be raging by the end of the night :P
    Wiping entire Craid gives them time to organize/prepare. Gotcha point taken.

Wow... that sounds like an awesome plan. Following and imagining your description made me grin somehow... I found myself stupid lol

yeah we have good hobbit Minstrel in RR not sure whether they are up for this idea "being a bait".

Jazzplayer read this post and your reply then gave me comments regarding this matter earlier today. He said that all I need last week was just couple of more dps.

Thanks for another lesson. Can't wait until this weekend comes...

p.s. I learned what "play oneself" means from google. Special thanks for English lesson lol

Wink

You can also hack my TV and put something good on and I'll some how "hit a lag wall" And end up 100 meters back from the raid.

Also you can take the time to figure out how each raid leader operates. Like whether they're a head on kind of leader or more of a strategic kind of leader where he'll try and exploit a weakness like not enough heals or low dps etc etc. Its like they say, knowing your enemy is half the battle.
    "knowing your enemy is half the battle." - Strongly agree with this idea... more than half to my mind...

yeah I should hang out with you guys in creepside as well. Next time give me your e-mail address so that I can send you some "distraction" before fight begins lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Someone already mentioned it and that was going to be my two cents, have a second target assist looking for off healers, people not getting heals or squishy low ranks to burst. It helps to get a few kills in and creeps are very good at figuring out who is the main assist.
    Yup totally agree with this idea. Having 2 TA in raid is enough. I will be the second TA when Dante (Watercolorrainyday) plays in moors... sadly he didn't come online for last weekend.

Most of your kin knows how I lead lol or at least they should since we ran together quite a bit before they switched to freepside. Maggot has had about the same style of leading for forever so most freeps should know how his raids go. Shupth likes to have a lot of DPS and also won't spend too much time on one target. If it doesn't die quick he'll switch. Just some more insight for you.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
    I lead on ark and we do pretty good... I'm sure the dynamics are different because of different players.. ect...

So take what you can from this post.. ask questions if you have them or ignore this completely..

#1 always have confidence in anything you do as a leader..it can be very contagious

#2 can you tell me the group composition you usually run with and who does what?? (Setup is very important)

#3 I would only go after wargs first if you have too many on your healers to the point the healers cannot heal effectively.

#4 Work your helping debuffs!... personally I believe you should be going after the WL first.. you are putting off their heals and rezzes for so long you are stacking the odds against you... if you kill the WL first you take away rezzes, bubbles, and possibly even banners ....leaving them alive for so long is going to lead to your death... remember to work healing rebuffs... THEY ARE AMAZING AND U MUST BALANCE THEM WITH CC!!

#5 if creeps are dominating ops... either make a distraction group while you flip 1-2 ops or.. flip one close to your red ... and if you have the delving down pat.. use that to move... this is all based on your personal creativity... not 1 same plan may work twice... in the end..you can make a crazy plan and go with it....

If you have more questions please ask...

P.s.
    I would go in this order for tar getting
    WL-DEFI-DPS-spider

However.. this isn't set in concrete ... with enough defilers.. you may need to hit squishies quick and hard and rotate... never become accustomed to a proper list of focus fire.. make sure your plans are adaptable.

P.s.s

If you are outnumbered.. fight with something to your back, Rez, OR one shots... not gv.. its not that tactical..) or in a keep bd room.. that place is great way to seperate numbers and keep yours whole...

P.S.S.S

Make your own path to victory... don't just follow what another leader does.

Cintona/Deok

First of all, thanks for showing interest in this server and I do appreciate your advice. I found there's no reason for ignoring this...

- Exuding confidence as a leader... alright I will give it a shot but since I am from Korea and English isn't my first language, it's a bit hard for me...

#2 I don't have designated raid members yet... my kinnies who plays PvMP are 2~3 mini 2 RKs 1~2 lm 1~2 cappy 1 champ 1~2 guardian 1 warden 1 hunter(me)
    to help u under stand my situation, this is the playlist I am recording every weekend in moors since June 14th. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...T_AHXbm9KsnkoS

#3 To be honest, a warg keeps attacking me and interrupt my inductions...

#4 Yeah I love incoming healing debuffs as a hunter I use them when I call Target and encourage others to do so as well.

#5 Well... I try to flip an OP by myself when Freeps have rez using Deperate flight as a hunter... but that seems no longer desirable when I lead a raid...
    (my grp got zerged while I am gone for OP b4 the most stupid thing I've ever committed as a raid leader...)

I do to kill WL - Def - DPS - Spider but to Pop out Wl's bubble I try to dps Low rank or the most vulnerable one first... after then I try to make kills following that order.

I like your words in this sentence "Make your own path to victory"... I will try thanks for encouraging me

I'd like to comment on the lameness factor of it all.

By all means try taking a couple outposts. Try fighting a couple fights. Try bringing them into your npcs.....feel it out, figure out what you are lacking, recruit more numbers....

But......

If they are just being stupid, an by stupid I list in no particular order:

-Keeping all outposts, no matter what.
    -Outnumber you.
    -Outnumber you and still refuse to fight in npcs.
    -Outnumber you AND half the raid is healers.
    -Outnumber you...
    -Outnumber you..
    -Or Outnumber you..

Then just sit at GV. NOT IN PEW PEW RANGE. Send your cappies out and throw down banners saying verbatim: "SplitUpOrWeLeave"
    I say 'Leave' because freeps have multiple things to do in this game. All of which are lame right now because the game is boring and too easymode. But I regress, go run a skirmraid...go do a boring big battle....hell set up firepits in GV and sit around them and roast marshmellows and tell scary stories. My point is...creeps have NOTHING else to do.

If you feed them, they will stay for dinner.
    If you sit in pewpew distance, they will just log onto Blackarrows.
    Make them bored, make them curse YOU for making them bored.
    Make them log because they are bored.
    Give it 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, send everybody up to the Stable master and say we're taking a extended bathroom/drink break and to come back in half an hour...

Just don't feed.
    Anybody with the mentality "Action is Action" is dumb. Steamrolling is boring. Winning raid vs raid 6 times back to back when you are the outnumbering force is boring. There has to be a back and forth or everybody just gets disappointed, and angry.

Also.....come get me in vent, or send Zugar to bait me to play from Facebook, if I am not busy playing a 'real' game I would love to easymode on my freep.

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    I'd like to comment on the lameness factor of it all.

By all means try taking a couple outposts. Try fighting a couple fights. Try bringing them into your npcs.....feel it out, figure out what you are lacking, recruit more numbers....

But......

If they are just being stupid, an by stupid I list in no particular order:

-Keeping all outposts, no matter what.
    -Outnumber you.
    -Outnumber you and still refuse to fight in npcs.
    -Outnumber you AND half the raid is healers.
    -Outnumber you...
    -Outnumber you..
    -Or Outnumber you..

Then just sit at GV. NOT IN PEW PEW RANGE. Send your cappies out and throw down banners saying verbatim: "SplitUpOrWeLeave"
    I say 'Leave' because freeps have multiple things to do in this game. All of which are lame right now because the game is boring and too easymode. But I regress, go run a skirmraid...go do a boring big battle....hell set up firepits in GV and sit around them and roast marshmellows and tell scary stories. My point is...creeps have NOTHING else to do.

If you feed them, they will stay for dinner.
    If you sit in pewpew distance, they will just log onto Blackarrows.
    Make them bored, make them curse YOU for making them bored.
    Make them log because they are bored.
    Give it 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, send everybody up to the Stable master and say we're taking a extended bathroom/drink break and to come back in half an hour...

Just don't feed.
    Anybody with the mentality "Action is Action" is dumb. Steamrolling is boring. Winning raid vs raid 6 times back to back when you are the outnumbering force is boring. There has to be a back and forth or everybody just gets disappointed, and angry.

Also.....come get me in vent, or send Zugar to bait me to play from Facebook, if I am not busy playing a 'real' game I would love to easymode on my freep.
    Do creeps really want freeps do that?? or u just being sarcastic...

All PvEs in Freepside... Raid, BBs, Skirmishes are boring like u said... Personally there's nothing I can get/need to get from those.

If my kinnies need to do that we do those on dinner time in Korea.

I didn't say that I will keep farming Craids with overwhelming number of Freeps.

If freeps outnumber you guys, I am willing give up all OPs and try to have even fights near Creeps rez/ Creeps NPCs.

There's no point if we don't fight in moors... we come to moors to fight and having fun time.

All PvEs in Freepside... Raid, BBs, Skirmishes are boring like u said... Personally there's nothing I can get/need to get from those.

If my kinnies need to do that we do those on dinner time in Korea.

I didn't say that I will keep farming Craids with overwhelming number of Freeps.

If freeps outnumber you guys, I am willing give up all OPs and try to have even fights near Creeps rez/ Creeps NPCs.

There's no point if we don't fight in moors... we come to moors to fight and having fun time.
    Lind, his post was 100% not sarcastic. And to put it in better terms, he is saying that when you come to the moors, sure, go out with your group, try it out, say you get wiped, no big deal, open your group up and invite more in. But say you are constantly getting wiped over and over again by the creep group, even after you have expanded your group. He is saying to take a "Break". Have everyone map to GV, and aka just let them sit on the steps of GV, tell them you are taking a break, and everyone can take 15 - 20 minutes to go to the bathroom, get a drink, etc etc etc. What this does is make the overwhelming creep group bored, and this causes some of them to log, which evens out the playing field a bit. I hope I explained I well enough.

Telekinetic / Bleedinghearts / Bleedtodeath

Sorry. Maybe lost in translation.
    No creeps don't want you to not fight them. They don't want you to log.

What they want is for you to feed them.
    They want you to sit at GV for 14 hours a day and give them free Infamy.
    They want to fight your 10 freeps with 24 creeps.
    They want to think they are accomplishing something.

So what I advised is taking the option away. If you are fighting a outnumbered force and not gaining the numbers you need then let them sit a little bit and sulk about their situation.

They will either:
    A) Actually split their outnumbered force up, so you can at least have some decent fights. (This option almost never happens, it's more rewarding for the overpowered side to smash and slaughter and gloat.)
    B) They don't split up....but some people see the situation is stupid so they lose a handful to logging of boredom. (This is a probable situation. The mindset of the overpowered side is instant gratification. "I want my Infamy/Renown NOW, why won't they let me kill them!")
    C) Everybody logs and/or the raid leader logs which means everybody logs because it is too hard to make your own group and target call. Because the games only been out 7+ years...kill the Lagmasters and Fire RK's..... (This is the most probable option. It is the follower mentality. "I can't possibly comprehend playing this game without 'Such-and-Such' holding my hand." This sucks.

Now the trick is communication. If you are in multiple vents or have spies....Inform them that you are not done for the night, you are just done feeding them for no reason. "Yah, we're still formed up, we're just taking a quick break. Or taking a breather until we get a couple more."
    A quick wipe is fun, a learning experience. 8 Quick wipes in a row is just dumb.
    Hopefully you have both raid leaders on good terms. Where its not "That side deserves this camping." or "I've been playing for so long, it's my turn to be on top and slaughter them as much as I can."

Good fights is all in both sides attitudes.
    If you get butthurt easy, you die, then you don't even want to play anymore. You don't even want to try to not die.
    If you go in it to have fun, and enjoy the company you keep. You try different tactics, put more strategy to play.

You have missed the action the past few nights jimi, has actually being decent for a few hours, and never no action going on, feels like the old 65 days.

You just kill bitseys little group of leachers? Don't sit there basking in the glow that you killed the B team because they are screaming in OOC For the A-team to come save/scrape them. .
    Hilarious!!

You make me laugh for so many reasons.
    1) They should kill us first, because we dont hide in a raid/large group full of healers.
    2) A lot of us are older and dont react as fast as these mouse turning teenies.
    3) Leach? We small group or solo. (Which is what everybody screams they want out there, to see more small groups)

Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Doril_Bladerunner View Post
    Hilarious!!

You make me laugh for so many reasons.
    1) They should kill us first, because we dont hide in a raid/large group full of healers.
    2) A lot of us are older and dont react as fast as these mouse turning teenies.
    3) Leach? We small group or solo. (Which is what everybody screams they want out there, to see more small groups)

Keep up the great work.
    Your kidding me right??? Next time I can get a screenshot of your group I will post it on here. Your so called "small group" is 6 spiders fotm'ing applying 2 dot's each and then either -

A: Burrow at full health
    B: Don't fight unless your backed up by good players
    C: Burn Reflect if you are targeted (Daarlin is better than all of you)
    D: Run
    E: Run faster
    F: Drop spider @#$% and run
    G: Run after spider @#$% is dropped
    H: Don't fight

If I am wrong with any of these statements, please correct me, and also send link a picture next time you are not in a full fotm class spider group. Thank you very much, my 3.5 cents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast