We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891

    CotH now removes slows

    As of the latest build on BR.

    Discuss.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    196
    Smart creeps will wait until the hunter uses CotH and then apply the slow.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002f2f5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    still almost as worthless. just another thing it does, but badly: solve slow problems.

    2m CD on a slow removal is just tacking on another minor effect to an already wacko skill. smart creeps will ether just re-apply (BA hinderspam, warg with sprint will quickly catch/apply, reaver blade toss (perfect since your target has back to you at distance) weaver webs will simply re-apply immidiately,) the only losers in this are WL/DEF.... see how much that matters....




    the only way i can possibly see anything coming out of this is a 10-15 sec slow IMMUNITY not just a 1-trick removal (HEY HEY HEY!!! OLD LOW CUT GAVE 5 WHOLE SEC IMMUNITY!!!! 5 WHOLE SEC!!!!!! ON A 5 SEC LOW CUT COOLDOWN!)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Agreed with both of you. It is however a step in the right direction for the pvp hunter and it means Turbine is listening. Hopefully they'll put it back on Low Cut as an improved skill. That's where it belongs. Hell I would trade all of Cry of the Hunter just for Improved Low Cut.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Agreed with both of you. It is however a step in the right direction for the pvp hunter and it means Turbine is listening. Hopefully they'll put it back on Low Cut as an improved skill. That's where it belongs. Hell I would trade all of Cry of the Hunter just for Improved Low Cut.
    its hardly a toe-wiggle in the right direction. prolly got feedback from testers and not us (the hunter community) otherwise they would have done a ton more/more useful stuff (no press onward induct anyone?)



    i would trade current press onward, CoTH, and my worthless trap skills for old moors set low cut slow immunity.



    in fact, why not take entire yellow line with it? for free? just take it off my hands. ok... ILL PAY YOU TO TAKE IT AWAY!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    still almost as worthless. just another thing it does, but badly: solve slow problems.

    2m CD on a slow removal is just tacking on another minor effect to an already wacko skill. smart creeps will ether just re-apply (BA hinderspam, warg with sprint will quickly catch/apply, reaver blade toss (perfect since your target has back to you at distance) weaver webs will simply re-apply immidiately,) the only losers in this are WL/DEF.... see how much that matters....




    the only way i can possibly see anything coming out of this is a 10-15 sec slow IMMUNITY not just a 1-trick removal (HEY HEY HEY!!! OLD LOW CUT GAVE 5 WHOLE SEC IMMUNITY!!!! 5 WHOLE SEC!!!!!! ON A 5 SEC LOW CUT COOLDOWN!)
    If you use cry of the hunter while standing in web the earth, you really deserve whatever happens to you...


    Even my Signature is trolling!

  7. #7
    So... next build: Cry of the Hunter now provides slow immunity for 5 seconds?

    If it goes any further I may need second monitor to see full tooltip of this skill XD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    If you use cry of the hunter while standing in web the earth, you really deserve whatever happens to you...
    so no decent hunter will NEVER EVER EVER EVER be in spider poo? hunters will NEVER EVER EVER be in melee range of a spider? the spider will NEVER EVER EVER have the hunter cc/rooted long enough to get into melee range? spider will NEVER EVER EVER have enough time (with whole toxic hoopla) to reach hunter in melee?


    right....


    considering the range of the cc/slow effects will be about the radius of spider poo...




    in this case we have gained net 0 vs spider, because really slow either immidately re-applies or we are never there in the first place..... so net 0 vs spider....


    still weak skill,








    tooltip will take up half my screen...... WOOOOOOOOO!!! LOSS OF HALF SCREEN VISIBILITY FROM TOOLTIP FTW!!!!

  9. #9
    Reavers can just use 'Charge' skill which makes them immune to CC so Cry of the Hunter is just fail. If they do get dazed by it, reavers dont need brands or pots (creeps have pots to remove the slow from CofH, freeps dont have pots to remove slows) reavers will just use 'Resilience' skill to shake off the daze.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000407a2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thought often gets in the way of truth. Pain clears the mind of thought.
    But all thoughts free our mind, and let the truth make itself known.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Lendas, what Sticks is trying to tell you is, if you use Cry of the Hunter against Web the Earth, you will pot the slow from WTE currently on you, but it will reapply again your very next step because it is a proximity effect, not a per application one and COTH as far as we know, doesn't provide slow immunity after it does its thing.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    so no decent hunter will NEVER EVER EVER EVER be in spider poo? hunters will NEVER EVER EVER be in melee range of a spider? the spider will NEVER EVER EVER have the hunter cc/rooted long enough to get into melee range? spider will NEVER EVER EVER have enough time (with whole toxic hoopla) to reach hunter in melee?

    right....

    considering the range of the cc/slow effects will be about the radius of spider poo...

    in this case we have gained net 0 vs spider, because really slow either immidately re-applies or we are never there in the first place..... so net 0 vs spider....

    still weak skill
    My point is that if you use this while standing on the web effect on the ground, it will be your own fault. Simply take 4 steps until you are off the web, THEN use the skill. Even slowed to 50%, this should take you literally 2 seconds. BAM, you will not have to worry about my slow again for the rest of the fight. If you're good, I may well not be able to close the gap against you until one of us is dead.

    Spiders are unique in the game in that we are a kiting class but we do not have a ranged/spammable slow. The slow we DO have is devistatingly good, but it does have a cooldown and short range. Once this skill is used up, I will have to rely on my induction based CC, which you can counter (my roots and daze vs your fear daze and possibly root from ROT) while still gaining distance (as you will have me slowed likely for the rest of the fight, while I will myself be unable to slow you).

    This matters against a hunter because I need to be in your face to run through your inductions and slow down your damage to be able to win. Also, keeping me at range cuts my DPS down by around 35-40% (Shadow's Bite/Piercing Attack with 50% increase trait and Drink Deep are my real heavy hitting skills in RoR). As a bonus, you'll also break my catch-prey.

    Cry of the hunter, in the hands of a skilled player, has a lot of potential in the spider vs hunter matchup.

    I'm not saying it's a slam dunk "winning" skill; you still have to negotiate what to do vs my pet, still have to use your other skills intelligently, and be smart about toxic Carapace.

    There are a few hunters who could really give me trouble using this skill well (if they ever come back from that other game).

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Lendas, what Sticks is trying to tell you is, if you use Cry of the Hunter against Web the Earth, you will pot the slow from WTE currently on you, but it will reapply again your very next step because it is a proximity effect, not a per application one and COTH as far as we know, doesn't provide slow immunity after it does its thing.
    Prett much. Using a decent skill stupidly doesn't make it a bad skill.


    Even my Signature is trolling!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    using a decent skill stupidly doesn't make it a bad skill.
    Nope, it being a bad skill is what makes it a bad skill. A slow removal on a 2 min cd without any immunity is pretty much pointless. The stun, bubble and induction immunity will be nice to get off press onward and that's about it. I don't see a realistic use for the 10% runspeed and the slow is useless because it'll just get potted and we have better slows anyway.

    And really, its just, well, silly. A slow removal, a stun, a bubble, induction immunity, a 10% increase in runspeed, and a slow all on the same skill. How does that even remotely work? We always have to employ some suspension of disbelief in a video game (how does a warg block an arrow) but this spazzy deal is stepping over the line.

    Especially if they'd just put the slow removal on low cut instead and get rid of allllllllll that other junk they'd accomplish the same thing, give hunters some surviability, in a much more elegant way.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Nope, it being a bad skill is what makes it a bad skill. A slow removal on a 2 min cd without any immunity is pretty much pointless. The stun, bubble and induction immunity will be nice to get off press onward and that's about it. I don't see a realistic use for the 10% runspeed and the slow is useless because it'll just get potted and we have better slows anyway.

    And really, its just, well, silly. A slow removal, a stun, a bubble, induction immunity, a 10% increase in runspeed, and a slow all on the same skill. How does that even remotely work? We always have to employ some suspension of disbelief in a video game (how does a warg block an arrow) but this spazzy deal is stepping over the line.

    Especially if they'd just put the slow removal on low cut instead and get rid of allllllllll that other junk they'd accomplish the same thing, give hunters some surviability, in a much more elegant way.
    It's pretty trivial to tag anything you hit with cry of the hunter with a low-cut and make that slow unpottable...

    Against a spider, this will be easier to land than your improved lowcut (due to catch-prey). In fact, this is true for all creep classes. Much easier to get through a resist check than a BPE check. So it has that going in its favor.

    I could honestly see them adding a short CC immunity window to CoTH in addition to the slow immunity. Wouldn't mind it if they did either.

    I honestly doubt anyone will ever see slow removal on a super short cooldown like lowcut again. There's a good reason that went away (along with a quick nerf to the RK slow removing riffler).

    As for the pottable slow issue; i've always thought they should make barbed arrow pottable (the bleed portion). Then it could be used to protect your slow from pots. ie; the problem isn't so much that your slow is pottable, it's that you don't have a reliable option for putting a buffer in front of the effect that most (all?) other classes that rely on pottable effects have. Though, the fact that you are complaining about not being able to get slows to stick when you have the scourging blow/barbed arrow combo for inductionless, unpottable slow on a very short cooldown and don't have it slotted it does make me question your priorities when reading posts like the one I've quoted.

    While we're on the subject of skills that don't make sense... improved combat burrow allows me to cower in the ground with an entire raid standing on me... which somehow raises my morale? No point even trying to make this arguement. My answer would be "the entire RK class makes less sense than this skill", and I would be right.


    Even my Signature is trolling!

  14. #14
    You hunters are hopeless.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Against a spider, this will be easier to land than your improved lowcut (due to catch-prey). In fact, this is true for all creep classes. Much easier to get through a resist check than a BPE check. So it has that going in its favor.
    It does, true. But ease of use isn't really a concern, utility is. CotH should be ridiculously easy, landing that low cut slow wasn't so simple, though hardly rocket science, but I'm more interested in good skill that can be countered than a poor skill that's ultimately useless.

    I honestly doubt anyone will ever see slow removal on a super short cooldown like lowcut again. There's a good reason that went away (along with a quick nerf to the RK slow removing riffler).
    Yes, because fewer hunters were being farmed. It certainly didn't break the moors or cause a groundswell of qq or an increase in the hunter class in the moors. It just simply gave hunters a way to reestablish range the same way a melee class has a sprint to re-establish melee.

    Though, the fact that you are complaining about not being able to get slows to stick when you have the scourging blow/barbed arrow combo for inductionless, unpottable slow on a very short cooldown and don't have it slotted it does make me question your priorities when reading posts like the one I've quoted.
    Why? I said right in the begining we have better slows and that's exactly what I was alluding to. Although you will find most hunters absolutely refuse to employ that uber slow off of Barbed Arrow because its a yellow trait, costing a dps trait but worse screwing up trait set bonuses.

  16. #16
    Heck, I still use Low Cut Slow Immunity 50% Chance. Works for me just fine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000007782e/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I have a noob rune keeper and a champ that only tanks. Suck it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    It's pretty trivial to tag anything you hit with cry of the hunter with a low-cut and make that slow unpottable...

    Against a spider, this will be easier to land than your improved lowcut (due to catch-prey). In fact, this is true for all creep classes. Much easier to get through a resist check than a BPE check. So it has that going in its favor.

    I could honestly see them adding a short CC immunity window to CoTH in addition to the slow immunity. Wouldn't mind it if they did either.

    I honestly doubt anyone will ever see slow removal on a super short cooldown like lowcut again. There's a good reason that went away (along with a quick nerf to the RK slow removing riffler).

    As for the pottable slow issue; i've always thought they should make barbed arrow pottable (the bleed portion). Then it could be used to protect your slow from pots. ie; the problem isn't so much that your slow is pottable, it's that you don't have a reliable option for putting a buffer in front of the effect that most (all?) other classes that rely on pottable effects have. Though, the fact that you are complaining about not being able to get slows to stick when you have the scourging blow/barbed arrow combo for inductionless, unpottable slow on a very short cooldown and don't have it slotted it does make me question your priorities when reading posts like the one I've quoted.

    While we're on the subject of skills that don't make sense... improved combat burrow allows me to cower in the ground with an entire raid standing on me... which somehow raises my morale? No point even trying to make this arguement. My answer would be "the entire RK class makes less sense than this skill", and I would be right.
    no one was QQing about hunter slow removal. it required being in melee, and it required a hit, and a full set bonus + 2 relics for 100%. but looks like the ______ people (hint) decided to double slap hunters in the face with audacity and major new set WITHOUT the removal.


    barbed arrow/Sblow combo is great and all if it where not so easily countered.


    for
    1: only really works on 2 CLASSES thats right 2 CREEP CLASSES in gaining any kind of major combat advantage (warg/reaver)

    2: both classes have big ways to counter it (reaver blade toss makes turning around and running a no-no and resiliance, warg sprint for 20sec.)

    3: all other classes are ranged or gain advantage if hunter lets up attack. the only in-between is weaver, which loses dps but still can attack/debuff a lot.

    4: existing slows on hunter can really lessen the effect of barbed slow because hunter is still moving rather slowly

    5: barbed arrow slow is pottable, giving creep free range until scouraging blow comes up again.

    6: hunter must keep hitting the target or the target will break combat and charge/stealth




    low cut slow removal worked so well on so many levels. it could be used against any creep class to remove a pesky slow, it could be used in a group situation where you are slowed but have lotsa targets around you.


    CoTH fails on so many levels.

    other than the fact that its tooltip will prolly take up half my screen with all the durations/numbers and such...... it does everything badly.... even the slow removal!


    and as to your point about spider slow.... so we will still be slowed untill we get out of spider poo, but we will have to turn around to fire it off on you so you get full blast.



    so we ether gain nothing more from this or very little. any way you slice it its a lame skill. not useless, just very very lame and cumbersome and an enitre dicitonary's worth of degrading words.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by TQDesign View Post
    Heck, I still use Low Cut Slow Immunity 50% Chance. Works for me just fine.
    it does, but it really ticks ya off when you need it the most and it does not activate hmmm?


    % chances of effects applying are rubbish in the moors.


    on a class as fragile as hunter we cant affort to wait out that 5 seconds for cooldown to be up and again hope it hits when it fires off and that the creep your fighting is not on the other side of you when the animation goes though.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload