We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are there very many new players or low-level alts on Crickhollow?

Hi everyone,
    I'm returning to Lotro after a year and a half absence. I'm probably going to be starting fresh, since I was burned out on my Guardian before I left and my old guild no longer exists. I was wondering if there are very many low-levels on Crickhollow these days? Is the server very active in general? Is there still quality rp to be found?

I'm also undecided on what class to play. I'll probably create a warden, minstrel, or captain. Are any of those classes particularly in demand right now?

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?442943-Population

Quote Originally Posted by Determination View Post
    My opinion on this population subject is that a lot of the players who started out on this server are still here, there are less 'new' characters to populate the lower level regions and the ones you do see out there are more than likely to be alternate character classes of those who are at max level already.

That's just my thought. I'm not even sure if many of the players post on the forums, outside of the usual people you see in the Crickhollow PvP sub-forum
    [IMG]http://lotro-wiki.com/images/7/77/Burglar-icon.png[/IMG]

Our roleplay community is alive and well. Quality can be found without much difficulty if you're looking.

Unhappy

Yeah, the forum doesn't seem too active. I started a new hobbit last night, but Michel Delving was basically deserted.

I started from tweens a few weeks back and there were lots of people everywhere. I saw people in Dol Dinen for chrissake!

I usually see several people around MD, though most of them crafting alts. Ered Luin starter areas and Bree ofc are much more lively. I've even picked up random questing bros every now and again!
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

OK, it seems that my first impressions of the Crickhollow community were completely wrong. I met a bunch of friendly (and helpful) folks last night, so I've decided to make this server my new home. Be on the lookout for Tim the Race of Man Warden, Timbo the Hobbit minstrel, and Gelmit the Dwarf Champion, as I'm trying out these three classes to see which one I like the best. I look forward to meeting everybody in-game.

Greeting guys,

I'm a totally new player at your Server and LOTRO in general and have just started my Hobbit Burglar character.
    Should anyone wishes to group lvl feel free to find me online under the name Floellia!

Cu online

Full Name: Floellia Laurina
    Place Of Birth: Woodhall
    Profession: Apprentice Jeweller

Floellia was born in the village of woodhall at Eastfarthing. she had a stable childhood with loving parents and received all the education that her family could afford. As a child she loved to wander amongst the trees of wood(y) End for hours watching the passing elves and dreaming of becoming an adventurer herself.

As her both parents were making a living by crafting jewels she was introduced into Craftsmanship as soon as she reached the age of 20.

But Floellia being a Fallowhide was more adventurous than the other Hobbits. She could not stand a life of Selling and crafting jewels. She decided to move to Bywater and work at the "Green Dragon" inn where she could at least hear tales and stories from the passing adventurers.

A cold and chilly night just before her 33rd birthday and determined to leave the shire as soon as she comes out of age while having a walk before sleep...
    Last edited by Darth.gr; Sep 13 2012 at 08:40 AM.

Welcome to Crickhollow and LOTRO, Floellia! If you need any help or advice along the way, please feel free to send me a tell or mail (my main character is Rosalie). Best of luck on your adventures through Middle-earth.

And welcome back, Gelmit! I'm glad you gave Crickhollow another shot. I hope our paths will cross in the game one of these days, but I'll extend the same offer I gave to Floellia--if you do need anything along the way, you can contact me on Rosalie. I'm not in the habit of lending out gold or anything of that sort (not that I believe you'd ask), but I am always glad to provide crafted items and what little wisdom I've gained over my years in the game.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at http://lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit http://secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & http://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Second Breakfast's weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After playing for a day i have to say that Crickhollow is such a friendly and lively server.

Found a kin, made a couple of fellowships in order to level with random people and in general got answers for every question i made in chat!

Such a nice server

I have played lotro quite a few months ago. Well but im new in this forum. The forum is surely not so popular for guys like me.

I can say the starter zones are quite lively, especially in Bree. U can see people everywhere

But for the higher zones, I rarely see any people. A great zone like Evendim, and sometime I was the only one in Annuminas =.= (sorry if the name isn't right). This city is really hard if solo, and I had to leave it until I returned at level 54 for deeds =.= Its kind of sad

In Angmar, I was scared in every step I went. How can it be more scary when you, alone, facing a Nazgul with 30k morale and 3 big &&& elite trolls, with high cliffs surrounded and a dark, scary sky above??? I dont understand why Frodo was that scared in the movie and in the book, but when I went to Angmar, I understand =.= I really wished I could meet some people in this area, and I even feel super happy when I saw an NPC, not even a player =.=

Seriously, Turbine should have some ways to attract people to move on to higher level or so. I really feel tired in soloing right now, but I still have no choice. This is a really nice game and is the longest MMO I have ever played with.

I still havent started on Moria, but the way its hard to find fellowship make me feel tired.