We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Herald Skin

Herald Skin

Well, I really like to play roleplaying... it is a RPG MMO so I think might have some more people that do the same ^^

My captain is a Rohirrim, I name my swords with names in old english based on everything I have from the books.

IDK if this is the right place to make request or if anyone would support my idea, but I would really like to have a herald Rohirrim skin to match with my skirmish soldier for example and my cosmetics, this would be amazing! It is like my own army!
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

2. I would expect this will come to a Turbine Store near you soon. They have done it for LMs. It is only time before they do it for "the other" pet class. If they make one that claps coconuts together I will totally buy it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033326e/01008/signature.png]doronor[/charsig]

/signed re coconut equipment for captain heralds

Although...the low ranged mitigation on coconut squires could be a problem against BlackArrows, and hopefully the idea won't raise the dreaded 'flying mounts' issue again?

I don't believe that swallows, African or European, are mentioned by Tolkien, so herald flight-by-swallow would clearly be lore-breaking! Thus, whilst herald flight-by-swallow could be an option for having our heralds out whilst we're mounted in RoR (our heralds could keep pace by flying along beside us on their swallow), I don't think that we can go there
    Last edited by Bootroz; Aug 30 2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Species correction
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Bootroz View Post
    /signed re coconut equipment for captain heralds

Although...the low ranged mitigation on coconut squires could be a problem against BlackArrows, and hopefully the idea won't raise the dreaded 'flying mounts' issue again?

I don't believe that swallows, African or European, are mentioned by Tolkien, so herald flight-by-sparrow would clearly be lore-breaking! Thus, whilst herald flight-by-sparrow could be an option for having our heralds out whilst we're mounted in RoR (our heralds could keep pace by flying along beside us on their sparrow), I don't think that we can go there
    Do you know what Rohirrim means, right?
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ferrariroger View Post
    Do you know what Rohirrim means, right?
    Yes I do, thank you . I was cheekily taking up with the humorous thread derail proffered by Seyahat.

In the film 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail', the medieval knight's (and apparently the film producers) can't afford horses, so they have their squires follow them along clapping coconut shell halves together to sound like horses hooves. My 'low ranged mitigation' comment refers to the fate of one such squire who gets an arrow in him - poor brave lad!

The setting is medieval England, and therefore the question arises as to where the coconuts came from? The film contains was a discussion (much loved amongst Monty Python fans) on the delivery of coconuts via migratory swallows ('European or African' being part of the joke).

I actually restrained myself from making a postal service reference as the arrow was the delivery method for a letter (said letter being wrapped around the arrow shaft). I'm currently playing creepside fairly exclusively, and unfortunately we don't have mail to share loot between our characters (or vaults/chests). Perhaps Black Arrows should be able to 'mail' mats to fellow creeps?

Good luck on getting Rohirrim herald skins /signed
    ps: my freep main is also a Rohirrim.
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

Yes I do, thank you . I was cheekily taking up with the humorous thread derail proffered by Seyahat.

In the film 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail', the medieval knight's (and apparently the film producers) can't afford horses, so they have their squires follow them along clapping coconut shell halves together to sound like horses hooves. My 'low ranged mitigation' comment refers to the fate of one such squire who gets an arrow in him - poor brave lad!

The setting is medieval England, and therefore the question arises as to where the coconuts came from? The film contains was a discussion (much loved amongst Monty Python fans) on the delivery of coconuts via migratory swallows ('European or African' being part of the joke).

I actually restrained myself from making a postal service reference as the arrow was the delivery method for a letter (said letter being wrapped around the arrow shaft). I'm currently playing creepside fairly exclusively, and unfortunately we don't have mail to share loot between our characters (or vaults/chests). Perhaps Black Arrows should be able to 'mail' mats to fellow creeps?

Good luck on getting Rohirrim herald skins /signed
    So wait, the BA's in the 'Moors are just shoddy postal workers?
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Aug 30 2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I don't think this is too much of a stretch to ask for. We got Lossoth Heralds for Forochel, after all, and our last big armament upgrade was the Oath-breaker. With Rohan adding ten more levels, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a Rohirrim herald skin, perhaps even as a rep item from the Riders.
    [b][color=forestgreen]~Landroval~[/color][/b]
    [b][size=1][color=green]Raigar - 100 Captain[/color] | [color=green]Raigorn - 100 Hunter[/color][/b]
    [i][color=green]Captains of the West - Leader[/color][/i]
    [color=red]Founder[/color] | [color=red]Lifetime Member[/color] | [color=red]Raider[/color] | [color=red]Roleplayer[/color][/size]

As all my heralds are female with red hair*, best there is a suitable Rohirrim equivalent.

*I assume the dead one was so endowed in life!

Mephibosheth Blungue

Prepurchasing Riders of Rohan gets you some Rohirrim skirm soldier appearances.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

By the way, Rohirrim is the plural form. Therefore, I believe it will be correct to say "my main is also a Rohir" or "my main is also a Rohirric Man"

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

agreed!

and double-secret agree on COCONUTS!

ps- hows brazil this time of year?
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    agreed! and double-secret agree on COCONUTS!
    ps- hows brazil this time of year?
    Damn hot winter!

temperature range goes from 10C to 32C (50F - 89F)

Quote Originally Posted by ferrariroger View Post
    Damn hot winter!

temperature range goes from 10C to 32C (50F - 89F)
    exact same as out summer here in San Francisco.

we didnt have a single day over 90, this entire summer... usually have 5-10 over 32C degree days.

the rest of my country melted.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me