We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post Halberds Threat Question

I just started on my captain a couple days ago (Hes only 13 right now) and I was wondering how significant the threat boost on halberds really is? I would like to be able to use a halberd mainly because its the class specific weapon (Obviously if I get a better 2H sword or hammer or something I would use it) but I do not plan on tanking or off tanking on this character.

tl;dr
    Can I use a halberd on a non tanking captain?

Use it without worry.

If you have your herald tank (like I did), you might pull threat from your herald a fraction sooner than if you use another weapon, but not noticeably.

If you are in a group, healers' and tanks' threat, or your own healing threat, will way outpace your halberd.

tl;dr: no worries

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Use it without worry.

If you have your herald tank (like I did), you might pull threat from your herald a fraction sooner than if you use another weapon, but not noticeably.

If you are in a group, healers' and tanks' threat, or your own healing threat, will way outpace your halberd.

tl;dr: no worries
    Alright thanks for the fast reply!

Yes you really don't need to worry. It's sort of rare for me to ever pull aggro from a tank, and I'm in a lot of pick up groups. There are times though when you actually want to get threat, such as getting an enemy off of the healer.

Eventually you will get a captain-only trait to give a small damage bonus, same as the Man trait that gives sword bonus. Which is one reason to use Halberd instead of two handed axe for instance. Though I do see a lot of captains with two handed swords, but presumably for 2% chance to hit increase rather than worry about threat.

Personally I think halberds look the best and have the most style.