We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pet damage type needs to match that of our Legendary Weapon

We can change the damage type of our LI's with a scroll thing... So we change our damage depending on what we're fighting (for example, Sarnur). Now here I am running through Sarnur with a level 75 Captain almost 5 shotting things and my pet archer is hitting like a level 1 against a level 75.

Make their damage type match ours? That would be very useful indeed.

Yes, but this is like the third or fifth time this has been brought up in the past week, and nevermind the dozen times in the captain dev diary thread ..
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

this can not be asked for enough!

gimmegimmegimme!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Don't they first need to introduce significant uses for damage type? They eliminated it from the Haudh Iarchith dungeons, Sarnur is the sole area I know where it remains.

Before we ask for something that effectively serves no purpose (heck, with the new area, mounted combat eliminates heralds entirely), first might we ask for that cool weapon type mechanic to actually be implemented in the game again?

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Well, it is implemented in that nearly all enemies (notably, not Draigoch) are more resistant to common damage than anything else. But you're right that Sarnur is the only place where it has such a drastic effect.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

haha oh sorry didn't realize this was asked for recently. Still, would be nice to have!

the momment i got my Oathbreaker i decided to test him in Sarnur and grind some rep...

yea, that was dissapointing.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Don't they first need to introduce significant uses for damage type? They eliminated it from the Haudh Iarchith dungeons, Sarnur is the sole area I know where it remains.

Before we ask for something that effectively serves no purpose (heck, with the new area, mounted combat eliminates heralds entirely), first might we ask for that cool weapon type mechanic to actually be implemented in the game again?

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    It would, in fact, serve a purpose. Enemies are far more resistant to Common damage than basically anything else. Letting our heralds (and LM pets!) do literally anything other than Common would be a significant improvement.

A good way to implement this could be Scholar-made damage type scrolls.

exactly common damage is useless.......if they changed it so their damage type was the same as you i would actually use mine again as it is now they are useless
    [URL=http://s265.photobucket.com/user/josebe16/media/mongrel1edit2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/josebe16/mongrel1edit2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Grimbon-Rank 10 captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptik13 View Post
    It would, in fact, serve a purpose. Enemies are far more resistant to Common damage than basically anything else. Letting our heralds (and LM pets!) do literally anything other than Common would be a significant improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by josebe16 View Post
    exactly common damage is useless.......if they changed it so their damage type was the same as you i would actually use mine again as it is now they are useless
    Did ya'll ever consider they have balance the damage output for common damage? It's far from useless, it's less than a 15% difference typically (a piddling difference for our low DPS companions). A potential ramification of such a change is they would have to then lower the DPS to compensate, which would then require players get scrolls or whatever mechanic is introduced to provide a damage type to get back up to the current amount of DPS they do.

Ironically, the Rohan change increasing pet level to match the player provides several wonderful benefits, not the least of which is more damage (presumably) and no need to get special scrolls to regain DPS.

Sorry to disagree. That being said, were they to implement greater use of damage types instead of reducing that mechanic, I would welcome the greater game complexity myself.

Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Did ya'll ever consider they have balance the damage output for common damage? It's far from useless, it's less than a 15% difference typically (a piddling difference for our low DPS companions). A potential ramification of such a change is they would have to then lower the DPS to compensate, which would then require players get scrolls or whatever mechanic is introduced to provide a damage type to get back up to the current amount of DPS they do.
    OH NOES! Captain DPS might be improved... Perhaps you should stop listening to your friend Chicken Little...

If the heralds remain as flimsy as they are in a raid environment (especially if the AE takes them out), most captains will still run with a banner.

In the 'Moors, captains don't want to run with them out because they make the captain weaker without bringing enough other benefits to the table.

So if all we're really talking about is a solo buff that's not really going to affect anything.....
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Did ya'll ever consider they have balance the damage output for common damage?
    Why? We are at the bottom of the barrel in dps, why would a damage type change to a herald invoke a class rebalance? Guards are nigh hunters in dps now. We can make them do nuclear damage and still not come close to a tank dps.
    Last edited by Armitas; Sep 03 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I'd be just as happy if it was made light type. Matches out Blade of Elendil buff and is a LOT simpler for the devs whilst being equaklly useful all round most of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    OH NOES! Captain DPS might be improved... Perhaps you should stop listening to your friend Chicken Little...
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Why? We are at the bottom of the barrel in dps, why would a damage type change to a herald invoke a class rebalance? Guards are nigh hunters in dps now. We can make them do nuclear damage and still not come close to a tank dps.
    Huh, not sure why my response evoked derision and DPS comments.

Shouldn't a hybrid class be below the peaks of others classes? I certainly wouldn't expect the class that tanks, heals, DPS's, and support others to be even average in any of those categories. Yet there are captains that outheal many minstrels, tank everything save the hardest raid content, and unarguably offer some of the best support, right up there with burgs.

The only thing that isn't captain forte is CC.

On the other hand, since the cries for damage type of pets doesn't seem to really be asking for damage type as much as DPS increase (my bad), has anyone run the numbers on the DPS increase they already gave pets from raising their level by two come Rohan?

PS: Admittedly, I've never understood why players request higher DPS, which just means devs have to provide MOBs with more morale/mitigations/ICMR to compensate.

Shouldn't a hybrid class be below the peaks of others classes?
    Yes. However we are at the giftshop at the base of the mountain. We are no where near the peak. The idea that changing the damage type is going to shoot us up that mountain and force a rebalance is what has us shocked and amazed.

PS: Admittedly, I've never understood why players request higher DPS, which just means devs have to provide MOBs with more morale/mitigations/ICMR to compensate.

Players request higher dps because they feel that their damage is not what it should be.

I would be amazed if giving heralds a physical damage type would require them to rescale morale/mitigations/ICMR of all mobs.
    Last edited by Armitas; Sep 04 2012 at 07:31 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Yes. However we are at the giftshop at the base of the mountain. We are no where near the peak. The idea that changing the damage type is going to shoot us up that mountain and force a rebalance is what has us shocked and amazed.
    This so much.

Captain DPS is completely abysmal - especially when you see an OP guardian get transformed into a melee hunter.

And Wardens now have two DPS modes.

And mini's have WS.

And Burgs....

And red traited LMs.

What do we have? LtC.

What's the problem with it? It's DPS is craptastic compared to every other class's DPS mode.

It's a completely laughable claim that a herald damage type change is going to require a rebalance.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West