On several different threads i've seen suggestions for new moves. I'd like to organize them into one thread and show you guys what i think are the most promising of others ideas and my own. The reason hunters need new skills is that while we are good, even excellent at solo play we are not deemed necessary or even according to some players, useful in fellowships. Most classes have a primary function, and a secondary. However we as hunters have a rpimary function and than...."crowd control". and not much of it. We are defined as squishy ranged dps. We have very little area of effect. Once targets come within melee distance we are in trouble especially if their are more than one. The way to remedy this is to enhance our dps and add more crowd control while preserving the things that make hunters different from other classes. I understand that all these skills together ona hunter would be impractical and all-powerful. these are suggestions take it or leave it you may only think one has merit.
1. Explosive Arrow- While already a skill this move should be given a wide area of effect giving us a better chance of taking on mobs. To balance it maybe take some damage off the move and allow it to hit up to 4 targets.
2. Barbed Arrow- Just a barbed arrow that lasts longer. While this move is one of my favorites in my skill rotation a longer lasting barbed arrow would make it a significantly more useful move.
3. Trapping- Hunters rely on ambush. Therefore i think our trapping needs to become much more improved to add to our crowd control abilities. While our trapping is good enough for solo play i think i have a solution to fix the communities apathetic nature towards hunters in fellowship play. We should be allowed to set more traps. Not all that immobolize opponents maybe some add effects. Liek sharpened stakes that poision opponents. Or debuff them. By allowing these effects to be given only through traps than we could preserve the nature of the hunters.
4. Trapping2- We should be allowed to trap during combat. this is what will make us fellowship valuable. During a battle we could move to one side of the map trap an area (debuffs,immbolization,poison) . Than we could alert the tanks who will drag the adds and boss over to the prepared battleground. This would make hunters valuable and give them a secondary role.
5. A move to restore power. During long battles i've lost power countless times and makes me effeedtively useless in attempting to dps a main with high defenses and health. Similar to how we draw from the earth maybe and this might be astretch when facing a creature of nature we can draw power from them. Or have a benefit from a LMs pet. Nature-friend. I dont know i'm spitballing trying to think of ways to last longer in combat.
These are some suggestions i think might benefit the hunter in group play and taking on mobs. We need to update our secondary function and i think the ebst way to do that while preservingt the hunter identity would eb to trap signicicantly more.Tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions of your own.