We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Captain Physical Mastery

Hi guys,

The title is self explanatory...

I would like to know an average of the Cappy PM at lv 75.

additionally I would like to know in comparison to other classes how low is our DPS? Sometimes I notice even the guardian (a tank class, come on) have more DPS then CPT
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

cappy DPS is pretty much the lowest potential DPS in the game (probably higher than tanking guard/ward or a healing mini, but they should be higher in their DPS specs).

In some builds my physical mastery goes above 30k, though I am not sure how high it is in my typical raid setup. I do switch gear a lot.

Many well-geared captains report DPS above 1k. I don't know what are the maximum dps values for non-dps classes, but my captain shows consistently higher dps than my LM, OP guard or mini For other players the comparison may show other results.

You can also compare your toon with others on the LOTRO StatChecker. It is not perfect, but it does give you some idea about the average stats for various classes.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

I have a general raiding build with 2 Exemplars jewelry + 3 Martyr's jewelry. The phys mastery for that is 27.3k unbuffed.

When I put 2 Victor's jewelry + the Exemplar bauble, it goes up to 30.8k unbuffed. EDIT: and that's with Hope banner. War banner down, scrolls up, and when I'm swapped to 5-Command, its 35.5k

Here's an anecdote about my captain DPS. Judging from my parses in Acid T2C zerg, where I buff and DPS and IHW+LS (and maybe an RC if it comes up), I do about 45-50% of the personal, sustained single-target damage of our DPS classes (1.5k DPS for me in that ultra raid modified situation). Of course, in most circumstances you won't be putting healing on the backburner.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Aug 27 2012 at 02:42 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

with all buffs in orthanc dps zergs i am at max, whatever that is, 36k plus 5% DP buff maybe?

otherwise i am around 32-33k. doubt it matters much once you get around 27-28k+

Many well-geared captains report DPS above 1k
    it depends on what you are running. for something like FF or acid i am usually at 1.5k minimum, but you're just sitting there DPSing with max buffs and debuffs until it's all dead. it doesn't mean all that much unless you specify which fight it is
    Last edited by IGolbezI; Aug 27 2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Thank you guys, I am very far to be an average captain... it is very hard to have the good armour and stuff if you dont play enough.. Sometimes I think about quit the game and play something like a puzzle or windows pinball lol.

I think maybe people in the other classes forums may also weep about how their classes sux, but I would tell them to try the captain.. it was very hard way till the lv 75 and still there is a lot to do! If you don have all the maximum sets (which take time to build) dont even try to solo in moors... or even ride short distances there...

Sorry, I am just a lil upset. But you guys are amazing I see your toons and they really rocks!

Thanks for the info!

PS: ty Lunasa, that website is very useful.
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

Eh.... there's a lot to be said for running Limlight Gorge until you have at least the purple Victor + Exemplar's sets.

Getting into RoF for the eggs to covert that to teals is priority #2 - so is building a teal necklace from the Isen instances.

As far as armor goes, Draigoch is good enough for most stuff, and the dragon is fairly easy to down (especially if you're with a group on E that's done it multiple times over).

But given that we're about a month and a half out from an expansion, I wouldn't stress too much.... all you're doing is making leveling easier for yourself. For us obscenely well geared captains (like myself), we're probably not going to see much change in gear from 75-85.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West