We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question on server

Hey ppl,

I'm currently on the Elendilmir server and curious as to what the people and social status is of Firefoot. I'm 36, have 7 lvl 75 toons and I live on the east coast of Australia. I'm living in Melbourne. Ideally if anyone of the Bear community plays on this server, send me a forum pvt message. But any info on the server and it's people would be great.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to answer this, hopefully others will contribute as well.

The best bet might be to simply make a disposable character to see during the times you play, here's why I say that. GLFF is dramatically different during Euro time peak play than American time. So if you are playing another time, you might see an entirely different social scene.

I'm in one of the larger kins on the server, we have folks ranging from pre-teens to some in their 70s. Although we used to have more 30 and 40-somethings, the college age crowd tends to dominate. It's also currently summer in North America, so kids are out from school and playing a lot, that will all change in a week or two.

If you play evenings Aussy time, you'll find the population level to be about a third of what it is during peak times, judging from GLFF numbers if I log in mornings. In our kin, we have only one or two Australian players, and a couple Asian, but our kin I believe tends to have higher "daytime" numbers than most.

So generally, socially speaking, folks tend to be most active within their own kins on Firefoot, so taking your time to find the ones you want to game with is worthwhile if you come here for some reason.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Can only speak from my experience on FF. Like you from east coast of Australia. Peak Aussie evening play time quiet compared to during the day but in a small casual friendly kinship of fellow aussies and oceanic players so usually enough on to do runs and such during the week nights. Used to play on Elendimir but found it a little bit too impersonal and clicky. Love Firefoot, Love my Kinnies, a Firefootian till i stop playing the game

Firefoot during the North American play time is very troll-like and not very friendly. I don't play during Aussie play times, but from what I've heard its rather quiet. There are a few raiding kins, but most have vanished for some reason or another.

I suggest making a lowlevel toon here, join glff during different times, and have a look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontalan View Post
    Firefoot during the North American play time is very troll-like and not very friendly. I don't play during Aussie play times, but from what I've heard its rather quiet. There are a few raiding kins, but most have vanished for some reason or another.

I suggest making a lowlevel toon here, join glff during different times, and have a look for yourself.
    Or if you want to avoid a good amount of the troll like behavior, just skip over glff and pretend it's not there. There do seem to be a few that like to dominate that channel with their immaturity. Or join and just put them on ignore. Outside of those few (and you'll learn who they are pretty quickly if you are on glff much at all) Firefoot is actually a pretty friendly place.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

If pve is anything like pvp i would not come unless you dont mind being lonely.

i know we have lost many pvp'ers simply because there was not much going on in N. American 'off' hours.
    Ouijja
    Worst Warg Ever-The Warg Formally Known As Coringoldtagger
    Taredrahil 100 champ- Elhereth 95 hunter- Erme 85 Burglar- Felwynd 100 Warden
    Lailath 98 minstrel-Quija 100 Lore-Master- Yrandir 31 Runekeeper- Derilect 100 Captain