The SECOND ever Rimsilval Recruitment Thread
Time for the Second ever Rimsilval Recruitment Thread!!
With the upcoming Riders of Rohan expansion, its time to get a little new blood in to our Kinship and re-invigorate it as well!!!
The Rimsilval Kinship was founded within hours of LOTRO going live oh so many years ago by a group of strangers that had became fast friends during closed beta. Since day one of our founding and day one of this great game we have been focused on providing our members with a fun and relaxing alternative to the daily grind of RL. Many a great story can be told of our adventures over these past years as we have grown and ebbed as a kinship. We have consistently worked on leveling our toons through the great (for the most part) world of LOTRO, taking on all the challenges that Turbine can throw at us all while developing strong bonds of fellowship. These bonds have been forged through the love of lore, exploring, raiding, crafting, and the occasional bawdy kinchat!
So, why is this the second ever recruitment thread?? Well, Rimsilval is always unofficially recruiting in one manner or another. We have had very good luck in the past with meeting people new to LOTRO in our travels, striking up friendships with them and bringing them into the fold. Other members started out as PUG's that joined us on raiding nights. They have enjoyed how we run our groups and the success our groups have had so much they have decided to cast their lot in with us and we are the better for it. But this summer has been a little lean for us as RL has grabbed several of our more active members and just not let go of them. We hope and expect some of them to come back with the expansion, but you never know. So to help bolster our ranks, inject a little spring back into everyone's step, and prepare for the expansion, we are putting out an official notice.
So some of the basics about Rimsilval:
1) We are a North American kinship with members from across the US and Canada, along with the random ex pat living in Australia.
2) Most of our members live in the Eastern and Central time zones so we try to start events around 8pm Eastern, but we do have members on the west coast or that naturally play late as well. So there are usually people around until midnight East coast time during the week.
3) We don't have any play time or raid attendance requirements, but why wouldn't you want to spend 20hrs a week in-game with your friends???!
4) While a very family friendly kinship, we have several RL couples and RL relatives in the kinship, we do have a general 18+ membership age limit.
5) We are a no drama kinship and take pride in the fact we have never expelled a member and only a handful of people have ever left the kinship. (see note 4 above)
6) We aren't frumpy, but most of the kin members are in their 30's with professional lives that must lead.
7) We do publish a weekly schedule to help steer activity but we are always flexible on what we actually end up doing each night. There is usually atleast a handful of people on every night, ranging up to 10 or so people on busy nights.
.8) We try to raid on some combination of Fri / Sat / Sun night depending on which two nights work best for the current raiders in the kinship. We use an open roll system, no DKP or suicide kings type things.
9) Our recruiting process usually takes one to two weeks depending on how well we already know you. We take our time and put some effort in to getting to know our recruits before even recruiting them! We want to make sure someone seems like a good fit before offering the invite and we have a nice 100% streak of all recruits passing the full membership vote going right now and intend to keep it!
10) We fall somewhere between a casual and a raiding kin, we try to raid every week and have cleared OT T1 multiple times, but the lack of a consistent raiding group lately is causing problems with T2. We've done Lightning and Fire and Frost on T2, I have ever confidence that we can do Acid and Shadow if we could just get a consistent group together on 2 nights a week.
What are we looking for in a recruit?
1) Some one that is passionate about both the lore and game of LOTRO, not necessarily in a RP way, but you should be excited about logging in! We are definitely looking for some recruits that bring some nice energy and eagerness to their play style. NO MUTE, BUMPS ON A LOG
2) Any class, any level. Most of our active members have several level 75's with atleast one of those being OT raid ready. We would prefer someone with atleast one lvl 75 as we are looking to bolster our raiding ranks, but our members have alts of various lvls that can help move your toon along if you are just starting LOTRO.
3) Since we are a no drama kin, no massive ego's or attitudes. Must be willing to take direction and helpful tips when grouping with kinmembers.
4) We do accept F2P players.
Basically, we, like most kins, are looking for some good people that mesh well with our current members, are competent at playing their toons, treat both kinmembers and other people in LOTRO with respect and general kindness, and are (obviously) fun to hang out with. We have no problem with recruiting a small group of friends looking for a new home, but adding 15 - 20 people suddenly into the mix at one time would require some discussion and careful planning.
So if you are looking for a good group of people that will make you laugh and have fun while leveling up that toon, looking for some general structure to your play time and becoming a better raider, or even a top notch raider looking for the challenge of whipping us into shape, please consider our kinship and give us a shout.
We are currently looking for any and all classes, with special need at Grd, Burg, LM.
If you are interested in joining Rimsilval please reply to this thread or send a tell or ingame mail to one of the following officers to kick of our recruiting process.
Staerek, Glenargos, Stanak - Leader
Willaestro, Willaedo, Willaerek - XO
Amidee, Budge, Bolli, Gobennas - Officer
Staerek - Officer - Rimsilval Kinship - Elendilmir