We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RoR NDA lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    BAs get their only escape skill at once? my god so horrible, we must make it rank 15 with once!!!
    the hunter was horrible, there is your answer.
    yes. because a hunter loses to the BA with MT up he is horrible.

(pssst, sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    yes. because a hunter loses to the BA with MT up he is horrible.

(pssst, sarcasm)
    Sad thing is that if you didn't say that was sarcasm some people would have thought it was the truth... not pointing fingers....
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post

No argument here. But if so many classes can somehow counter or at least suffer through it, we lack a reason to nerf it, it's counter - intuitive. We lack a reason to demand "bigger progression from LIs", "bigger stats on endgame sets" or any other absurd that affects classes that are finally looking less godmode. Class - issue demands rethinking class design - simple. At this point I don't really care when it happens - just that it is not +1000 Morale and +100% Damage level of creativity. And that it might be preceded by some interesting hypocritical QQ for "global" bonuses for freeps instead - funny as hell
    Well put. Yeah there is something fundamentally wrong with class design in the Ettenmoors. I mean they are putting so much work in the Moors right now, but some things (I say all) should have rather been ut aside to counter some real gripes everybody has while playing PvP.

I still do not get this weaver skill, seems really complicated Anyway I see the following, the skill, as it is now, does not seem to be counterable for a hunter by any means.
    Vincent van Port "Held der fliegenden Feder" R13 before 2013!
    Collector of superb posts.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000000e32/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    Well put. Yeah there is something fundamentally wrong with class design in the Ettenmoors. I mean they are putting so much work in the Moors right now, but some things (I say all) should have rather been ut aside to counter some real gripes everybody has while playing PvP.

I still do not get this weaver skill, seems really complicated Anyway I see the following, the skill, as it is now, does not seem to be counterable for a hunter by any means.
    Well, any class can "counter it" by simply not damaging the weaver, effectively making it do 0 damage to you. Most other classes have a way of doing this while also limiting the weaver in some way (turtling with heals, debuffing the weaver, etc). You can certainly swap targets to the hatchling, but I suspect most classes will be killing the hatchling early enough in the fight that it won't be there to target when I use Carapace.

If Toxic carapace does anything to hunters as a class, it's reveal how one dimensional and lacking utility options the class is currently; all you have is your damage. When you can't use that damage to its full potential, you simply don't function.

This wasn't ALWAYS the case; back in SOA hunters actually were a much "deeper" class. This is where you guys really could use revisions. The game has simply left your previous utility behind.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    If Toxic carapace does anything to hunters as a class, it's reveal how one dimensional and lacking utility options the class is currently; all you have is your damage. When you can't use that damage to its full potential, you simply don't function.
    Unfortunately, Moving Target already did that reveal.

so how about we start a petition to put a big glowing aura on weavers when their reflect is active and BAs when their evade is active? that way we hunters know to not waste our arrows on them. (only because that big glowing heartseeker reticule won't be taken away) it's time the creeps suffer like hunters have since forever
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post
    so how about we start a petition to put a big glowing aura on weavers when their reflect is active and BAs when their evade is active? that way we hunters know to not waste our arrows on them. (only because that big glowing heartseeker reticule won't be taken away) it's time the creeps suffer like hunters have since forever
    I'm a huge proponent of having obvious visual cues when fight altering buffs/abilities are active.

I think Shield wall should have a similar indication to Blessing of darkness (an obvious visual cue that identifies both that the skill is active and who is using it via a bright blue line between the user and his target).

I agree that toxic carapace needs such a visual cue. If it were not already universal for "temporary morale shield" I would say a green bubble. Perhaps an obvious green hazy particle effect, or big green shields surrounding the weaver?

Even my Signature is trolling!

I was curious about how being a horse archer worked. To me it looks like in the warbands we should shine brightly as we can just run around full speed shooting at whoever is there while avoiding all the melee riders especially if you kill the archers first. As well it appears we get a heal if we trait our horse for survival as well. Did anyone in the beta try out being a hunter on horseback?
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

My opinions are in TBD state until I spend more time in a group, including group healer role that we can pretend to play in Light Spec & Blue Stance combo.

Lite version regarding landscape - level difficulty:
    - against melee mobs it's a lot of riding in circles, takes a bit too long unless you trait power - hungry Heavy
    - against ranged mobs - suddenly it feels like ... mobs are damaging you... either burn through or trait Light/Medium & Blue
    - against average Warband - ride in circles, let yourself get hit so they don't reset, pewpew, take a hit, pewpew, take a hit
    Basically: there is some stuff to be added, some stuff to be polished, some stuff to be upgraded into a bit less silly mode. Again, TBD - I have some stuff to try left, rather important from perspective of endgame and well,... common definition of MMO.
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Aug 24 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2