We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Riders of Rohan NDA Dropped

Ok Captains - all you in the Beta, spill what you know.

PS: Get the preorder, that Mounted Combat skill from the pre-order quests is the horse equivalent of man heal - and yes, mounted combat is really fun.

Edit:
    Link to the NDA Drop thread in the Beta Forums http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...August-22-2012
    Link to the official discussion thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...58#post6374958
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Aug 22 2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

siht son! id have assumed you were in beta!

ok yall: spill dem beans!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

3. Details on captain's moor banner in Rohan please. And whether we get a discount on buying the upgrade....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033326e/01008/signature.png]doronor[/charsig]

Currently, there are three "end-game" armor sets for the Captain, each tied to a particular traitline. You know the drill.

Last I saw, and this is subject to change:

HoH set:
    3-piece bonus: +5% OGH. Actually I may not be remembering this right.
    5-piece bonus: -7s to CD of VS for every target healed by Rallying Cry. Certain there.

LtC set:
    3-piece bonus: +20% outgoing damage modifier to Shadow's Lament. I think, may be +10%.
    5-piece bonus: +5% more healing from Reveal Mark. I'm for sure on that one

LoM set:
    3-piece bonus: +10% damage to grave wound. IIRC, this +damage to a threat skill is a common theme you see in the yellow and blue Guard sets.
    5-piece bonus: evade self-buff added to sure strike. Or maybe Def strike, I dunno.

Gosh, you know once I started writing this, I realized I forgot a bunch of stuff. My apologies, this may not be entirely accurate. Stay tuned to the beta forums in case someone reposts a screenshot of this stuff.

I can tell you right now, I won't be using the 5-piece of the HoH set, except in defeat-response lean fights. Since we'll be running skraids for jewelry and lolz 'til the instance cluster... Well I'll be able to churn out more healing with the lvl 85 3-Perseverance set. Hot-swapping to 3-GC for the Valiant Strike CD reduction would even be good, as back-to-back VS (double or triple the normal amount depending on whether you're HoH) and slightly weaker RC will produce greater heals than a slightly higher OGH build with 3-Pers with VS at regular CD and of course It'll be higher than a 15s RC with back-to-back VS from a 5-HytboldHealer build. Of course that'll all be LOLoverheals anyway, unless we start running T3 skraids..
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Aug 22 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Moors banner is the same btw
    Inspire - valiant strike WONT give the hot when p/b/e/m

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    Moors banner is the same btw

No upgrade at all for the Moors banner between 75 and 85?

/sigh
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033326e/01008/signature.png]doronor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by seyahat View Post
    No upgrade at all for the Moors banner between 75 and 85?

/sigh
    Nope, 85 PvMP class items are supposed to come "at a later time". Who knows though, with the extra development time.

Probably will be using a mix of moors set and PvE set as mentioned. Weird to see Revealing Mark bonus on the DPS set, I'd use Telling Mark if I wanted to DPS. I guess more heals from more DPS make some sense.
    Beastwise | Gladden | Shock and Awe

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    Nope, 85 PvMP class items are supposed to come "at a later time". Who knows though, with the extra development time.

Probably will be using a mix of moors set and PvE set as mentioned. Weird to see Revealing Mark bonus on the DPS set, I'd use Telling Mark if I wanted to DPS. I guess more heals from more DPS make some sense.
    I can see it.. just let your damage do the healing, I guess.

Overall these sets are pretty lackluster, as usual.

Anyone get any dps parses?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

The set for heal is awesome with the new valiant strike...oh my.THIS is where the blue legendary will shine
    The DPS one looks ok...nothing amazing just ok(id rather have the -4s cd on on with BoE again)the 5/5 is confusing
    The Tanking one is for laughs...

There is an armor set picture in an other topic.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...50#post6376450

My main impression after Beta:

Captain's DPS in the Mounted Combat is OP at the moment We can one-shot anything with all those cries we get and crits above 15k are not that rare. Better than RKs, really.

I don't think anyone did any parses because
    a) that was not the focus of the past Betas,
    b) the lvl85 2nd age LIs do not offer any huge improvement in dps (something like 154-158 dps for a 2h LI).
    Due to the level dependence of all the ratings (including offence to % conversion) and no ability to obtain the lvl85 sets (other than Ettens), the skill tooltips for all classes showed lower damage at lvl85 than at lvl75.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

The thing in hoping is that the delay is to fix mounted combat; it's in need of a big overhaul.

Captains don't feel like captains; we become a ranged DPS "shouting" class that throws axes. We lose most of our support abilities, though we retain some small healing ability (nothing like on foot though). We aren't the only class with this issue, but it made me feel very un-captainy. Considering the fact that I play a Rohan captain, MC in general was a letdown, even though our shouts made it ridiculously easy with high damage devastates.

In that case, I guess we know why it got delayed.

Any info on the size of Valiant Strike's HoT, both with and without HoH capstone? I'm curious how much of a difference the capstone makes.

As for the LtC armour getting +5% Revealing Mark, I see that as a concession to the fact that LtC is being used as a defeat-event healing build. LtC's motto right now is "Healing Through Crits!", the increase to Revealing Mark makes it "Healing Through Damage!" Considering that we're actually getting more ways to increase group DPS, it could actually be pretty significant. Not having an equivalent to 3-Dagor's bonus is a little sad, but probably inevitable given the Dagor/Pers combo (though they could have just moved either one to the 5-piece bonus).
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I'm hoping that these three sets are fairly easy to get (on the order of Draigoch easy), and we get another cycle of three sets with the Rohan Instance cluster we get later on.

But yeah, I see a lot of time spent in the 'Moors for captains coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    In that case, I guess we know why it got delayed.

Any info on the size of Valiant Strike's HoT, both with and without HoH capstone? I'm curious how much of a difference the capstone makes.

As for the LtC armour getting +5% Revealing Mark, I see that as a concession to the fact that LtC is being used as a defeat-event healing build. LtC's motto right now is "Healing Through Crits!", the increase to Revealing Mark makes it "Healing Through Damage!" Considering that we're actually getting more ways to increase group DPS, it could actually be pretty significant. Not having an equivalent to 3-Dagor's bonus is a little sad, but probably inevitable given the Dagor/Pers combo (though they could have just moved either one to the 5-piece bonus).
    the hot was good tbh and with the capstone it...im sorry i have to say it..IT KICKS @SSSS
    if any of the hots crit its like the hots of FS and im not making this up

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    I'm hoping that these three sets are fairly easy to get (on the order of Draigoch easy), and we get another cycle of three sets with the Rohan Instance cluster we get later on.

But yeah, I see a lot of time spent in the 'Moors for captains coming up.
    These apparently come from solo quests (I think the "town-building" chain mentioned in various places), according to the other thread. Which makes sense, since there's no new instance cluster to tie it with yet.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Any info on our pvp R10 weapon?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

thanks for the info.

any pics of the cosmetics of the new sets? i mean, that IS the most important part.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

3 healer + 3 perservance + healing emblem + critical cry build = new healing build?

no cosmetics yet
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

I hope these 3 sets got different cosmetic-appereance. Kinda boring that different sets looks the same.

well with all legacies and the capstone the instant heal of valiant strike is about 750 and the HoT at ~290-300
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15