We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Melee Weapon Choice

Hey all,
    I saw a similar post on the Cappy thread and thought it would be interesting to know how my fellow hunters choose to equip themselves throughout their adventures in Middle Earth!!

I personally use the dagger (main), dagger (off-hand). I chose this combo purely for the cosmetic reasons. I really don't like the look of the "larger" 1H weapons bouncing around my hips. I also don't like looking like a mobile army...I enjoy looking mobile and dangerous!!

Anyway, I just thought I would try to start a thread where Hunters could post something showing pride in their toons!! I will be posting pictures when I get home (I am work now...)

Feel free to post...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001bbdfa/signature.png]Rotheros[/charsig]

truly there is very little to talk about since the only aspect of hunter melee weapons in the current situation is cosmetics...

so yea its only about cosmetics.... not really much to discuss here.

Smile

I agree with the above poster but my choice is the spear for bleeds and a sword in the 2nd hand just cause elves get a sword bonus(don't know if that is a main hand skill only)

At lower levels, a lot depends on whether I have any crafter alts, belong to a kin, or otherwise have any possibility of crafted weapons. When I don't, I use the quest reward weapons with the highest DPS. If I do, I usually go with daggers or knives; I guess those seem like more hunterly weapons in my mind.

Once I get to higher levels and complete the racial slayer deeds I use swords exclusively due to the bonus.

I prefer to have two equipped swords but settle for the best stats between sword and dagger with selections from rewards for current level.
    Quavosh Leafcull - Elf Hunter, Level 91 ~ Brandywine

Melee Weapon Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    truly there is very little to talk about since the only aspect of hunter melee weapons in the current situation is cosmetics...

so yea its only about cosmetics.... not really much to discuss here.
    Yeah Lendas, we get it, you aren't happy with the state of the Hunter as it is...you have made that obvious. I was simply going for a lighthearted thread about the preference about how we prefer our toons to look. Thanks for contributing nothing to the conversation.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001bbdfa/signature.png]Rotheros[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bkilby13 View Post
    Yeah Lendas, we get it, you aren't happy with the state of the Hunter as it is...you have made that obvious. I was simply going for a lighthearted thread about the preference about how we prefer our toons to look. Thanks for contributing nothing to the conversation.
    Lighthartedness? in Hunter forums? at this dire hour?

not on my watch!

on topic:

STOP! HAMMER TIME!

Nuff said.
    Vincent van Port "Held der fliegenden Feder" R13 before 2013!
    Collector of superb posts.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000000e32/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

While I like the Lendas backlash, he has a point. Hunters are mainly a ranged class. In a group, you should almost never be in melee range. Soloing it's more common, and I hear in pvmp it sometimes happens. But the melee weapon choice of a hunter is mostly for cosmetics and stats.

I chose a sword for my LI for the look, and the great river agi axe for my offhand for the stats.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

I prefer a sword LI, then use an offhand with the best bonuses!

Look for high agility/PM + some morale or ICPR and usually the higher the DPS, the better the stats, but that's not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    While I like the Lendas backlash, he has a point. Hunters are mainly a ranged class. In a group, you should almost never be in melee range. Soloing it's more common, and I hear in pvmp it sometimes happens. But the melee weapon choice of a hunter is mostly for cosmetics and stats.

I chose a sword for my LI for the look, and the great river agi axe for my offhand for the stats.
    backlash: what happens when you slurp spagetti and the end of it hits your forehead, effectively ending the dinner discussion you where having.

on topic:

yes we really dont use melee much.... but we should be able to. Hunters need a real whole-hearted buff to melee so that when the time comes (solo PVE or moors PVMP) to fight close combat you are not a cripple witha broken stick... we need to be able to do 80% of our ranged dps levels (as to say i can do 1000 dps at range, i can do 800 dps in melee)

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    backlash: what happens when you slurp spagetti and the end of it hits your forehead, effectively ending the dinner discussion you where having.

on topic:

yes we really dont use melee much.... but we should be able to. Hunters need a real whole-hearted buff to melee so that when the time comes (solo PVE or moors PVMP) to fight close combat you are not a cripple witha broken stick... we need to be able to do 80% of our ranged dps levels (as to say i can do 1000 dps at range, i can do 800 dps in melee)
    More melee dmg could be nice ofc but what I really would like to be improved is the attack speed of our melee attacks. I Think an attack speed buff or something could make a big difference.
    Compared to a reaver our melee dmg isn't that bad.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

I am a dwarf, so I use axes, both main hand and offhand, if their stats are good enough
    European l100 Hunter
    Roulette l100 Runekeeper
    Fantomet l72 Guardian
    Leader of Knights of the White Tree

Spear and dagger. I like having another stick on my back bouncing around as I walk...

But seriously thats what I use lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620501000014478e/signature.png]Dogwillhunt[/charsig]

Just equip a spear and a hammer, and have fun hammering the spear into your enemies!