We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dealing with Power at Level 30 plus Level 30 Class Quest (minor spoiler)

Been playing through the Lone-lands and finding that I run out of Power a lot, currently at 919 max on Level 30. I have no idea how to fix this problem. Also have Metalsmith with the best Journeyman gear I can make, I have debated if it is worth going to the lowest level Expert gear and which set, Normal, Dwarf or Elf.

A Captain's Standard is a tough Quest.
    I found a walkthrough just because I was having trouble finding Objectives. Now that I know where they are, I wonder how I will get through one point where 4 Dourhands are and it doesn't look like I can go around them.

I have also been avoiding another Quest in the Lone-lands because it involves fighting 5 mobs currently 5 levels below me.

Any advice on how to improve Power and get through multiple mobs on solo Quests?
    Glicyn, Man CPT; Drigrin, Hobbit BUR; Heli, Dwarf MIN; Eliyvan, Elf LM- Imladris
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin

Not sure when you can get Now for Wrath (rallying cry power restore trait), but, that will give you power back and a small power over time restore as well. I would also recomend carrying a few power pots around so if you are in a pickle you can get some power. As for the quest with the 5 mobs, I dont know which one that is (guessing sever the white hand?), but you should zerg it. Go in and kill all the small adds and then use LS when you need too. Use morale pots when needed.I dont exactly remember the class quest. All i remember is I got it on my first try. See if you are doing something wrong or theres another way. If not, zerg those 4 mobs with LS. Hope this helps.
    Jeridz l Rank 9 l Minstrel l Apex l Elendilmir

both those scenarios sound like great capn practice for you!

start with your herald and send them into the five mobs. pick one and unload... your pressing attack should pick a second one off you herald leaving him to hold three while you down two. this should be a basic strat for any group you have to fight while leveling. also great for getting "pickups" in crowded camps. when/if the herald dies, switch to a banner.

and people say capns have no crowd control!

edit: as for power... much has changed since i leveled, but i do know power is one of the capns biggest issues these days. i like to be "all inclusive" and self sufficient, but ive had to make a change. what im getting at is this, i use lots of potions... to the point where they ar almost part of my rotation. not the best answer, and it might get spendy, but thats my suggestion. learn to use them early and get used to the cool down.
    Last edited by SapienChavez; Aug 17 2012 at 02:42 PM.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Get yourself some cooked food good for your level. Made by cooks, since those provide a handy bonus to in-combat morale/power regen. Keep the food up to date with your level as well.

Have on you some Power Potions. The best you can get for your level for longer fights.

I think I remember the quest in Lonelands with the guy and 4 swarm mobs. Just go for the main guy. Revealing Mark on him, casting Pressing Attack and if you get a critical whatever Death Response skill you need. Use your herald's skills as well - you can taunt with him one of the adds, heal yourself or with a bit of luck stun the main guy. Last stand is your friend if you find yourself in bad spot.
    I think you should have your Herald of Hope around this level, so you might try using him for the Morale boost and better Herald's heal.

As for the Class Quest. I don't remember facing 4 dwarves at the same time. Maybe those are just patrolling mobs and a better timing on pull would make it easier ? I am pretty sure after you get on the walls to all you have to face is groups of weak crows that should pose no challenge.

First, what is your typical strategy for handling multiple MOBs? Are you having your herald tank for you?

Second, are you eating ICPR food if needed?

Third, does "well geared" include plenty of fate (which moderate amounts provides ICPR) and even more might (more physical mastery means more DPS means shorter fights).

Fourth, are you using battle scrolls so your fights end sooner and deplete less power?

I just looked up the quest, as I didn't recall it or having any trouble, I wonder if you were there when someone was doing the group quest there and got some of their MOBs? The captain quest involves more jumping than fighting as I recall.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Thanks for all replies.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1445 View Post
    Not sure when you can get Now for Wrath (rallying cry power restore trait), but, that will give you power back and a small power over time restore as well. I would also recomend carrying a few power pots around so if you are in a pickle you can get some power. As for the quest with the 5 mobs, I dont know which one that is (guessing sever the white hand?), but you should zerg it. Go in and kill all the small adds and then use LS when you need too. Use morale pots when needed.I dont exactly remember the class quest. All i remember is I got it on my first try. See if you are doing something wrong or theres another way. If not, zerg those 4 mobs with LS. Hope this helps.
    1 - The Deed providing Now for Wrath just becomes available at Level 30 so don't have it.
    2 - Pots, got them just the cooldown takes a while.
    3 - Yes Sever the White Hand, what I didn't notice was four of the five have less morale than I thought but finished it now at Level 31.

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    both those scenarios sound like great capn practice for you!

start with your herald and send them into the five mobs. pick one and unload... your pressing attack should pick a second one off you herald leaving him to hold three while you down two. this should be a basic strat for any group you have to fight while leveling. also great for getting "pickups" in crowded camps. when/if the herald dies, switch to a banner.

and people say capns have no crowd control!

edit: as for power... much has changed since i leveled, but i do know power is one of the capns biggest issues these days. i like to be "all inclusive" and self sufficient, but ive had to make a change. what im getting at is this, i use lots of potions... to the point where they ar almost part of my rotation. not the best answer, and it might get spendy, but thats my suggestion. learn to use them early and get used to the cool down.
    4 - Never thought of using the Herald to tank, usually I am the one taking the heat especially since I am working on a Deed involving Threatening Shout. This worked out best.
    Pots - mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Variar View Post
    Get yourself some cooked food good for your level. Made by cooks, since those provide a handy bonus to in-combat morale/power regen. Keep the food up to date with your level as well.

Have on you some Power Potions. The best you can get for your level for longer fights.

I think I remember the quest in Lonelands with the guy and 4 swarm mobs. Just go for the main guy. Revealing Mark on him, casting Pressing Attack and if you get a critical whatever Death Response skill you need. Use your herald's skills as well - you can taunt with him one of the adds, heal yourself or with a bit of luck stun the main guy. Last stand is your friend if you find yourself in bad spot.
    I think you should have your Herald of Hope around this level, so you might try using him for the Morale boost and better Herald's heal.

As for the Class Quest. I don't remember facing 4 dwarves at the same time. Maybe those are just patrolling mobs and a better timing on pull would make it easier ? I am pretty sure after you get on the walls to all you have to face is groups of weak crows that should pose no challenge.
    5 - I have an alt for the cooked food, I was spending all day when I could working solely on the Captain and didn't have much Cooked Food left so I have been saving it for specific battles.
    Pots - mentioned above.
    Quest - Mentioned above. Been using the Herald of War as it seems to make the fights go faster.
    6 - Class Quest, there is one spot, a choke point before going on the walls to the second pole, 3 Dourhands are there I think the 4th was a wanderer. Got past it using the Herald as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    First, what is your typical strategy for handling multiple MOBs? Are you having your herald tank for you?

Second, are you eating ICPR food if needed?

Third, does "well geared" include plenty of fate (which moderate amounts provides ICPR) and even more might (more physical mastery means more DPS means shorter fights).

Fourth, are you using battle scrolls so your fights end sooner and deplete less power?

I just looked up the quest, as I didn't recall it or having any trouble, I wonder if you were there when someone was doing the group quest there and got some of their MOBs? The captain quest involves more jumping than fighting as I recall.
    7 - Currently I have been pulling since I am working on a Deed with Threatening Shout.
    Cooked Food - See 5.
    8 - Not sure. I have to comapre from a Wiki the different Armor sets (Normal, Dwarven, Elf) to see which will work best, I am now able to make Expert level Armor
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Meta....28Level_22.29
    but wearing Well Crafted (level 18) from Journeyman level
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Meta....28Level_19.29
    9 - Yes.
    Class Quest - see above.

I have been using 3 Red line traits but thought about going Blue at least on one for Strong Voice to lower Power costs of some skills.

Traits Using:
    Renewed Voice
    Turn of the Tide
    Loyalty

Traits Available:
    Red
    Captain's Valour
    Expert Attacks
    Adherent of Elendil (I have no idea how I got this, I think it was on a Deed but now the Deed doesn't show. Got it before I had the skill.)

Blue
    Fear no Darkness
    Strong Voice
    Captain's Hope
    Relentless Optimism

Yellow
    Alert Guard
    Echoing Shout
    Definance
    Glicyn, Man CPT; Drigrin, Hobbit BUR; Heli, Dwarf MIN; Eliyvan, Elf LM- Imladris
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin