We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Herald damage type possibility?

Unfortunately the dev diary leaves our heralds still dealing common damage, and so their damage remains underwhelming

Logically (if I may) the problem has to be cost (dev time)?

I've usually seen posts asking for our herald damage to match whatever we have on our current LI weapon (obviously our preference). But perhaps Turbine has looked at this and decided that the code is just too difficult/unwieldy?

What if the damage type was matched to the herald armaments? This would make the damage type static, possibly simplifying the code and processing requirements? We could change damage type by changing herald?

Dwarf herald: Ancient Dwarf
    All human heralds: Westernesse
    Elf herald: Beleriand
    Oathbreaker: Shadow
    Lossoth: Frost

Apologies if it's been suggested before.
    Vulfen cpt 100

it was suggested and was supported and yada yada yada and there is no change..

Either way i support this

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Quote Originally Posted by Bootroz View Post
    Unfortunately the dev diary leaves our heralds still dealing common damage, and so their damage remains underwhelming

Logically (if I may) the problem has to be cost (dev time)?

I've usually seen posts asking for our herald damage to match whatever we have on our current LI weapon (obviously our preference). But perhaps Turbine has looked at this and decided that the code is just too difficult/unwieldy?

What if the damage type was matched to the herald armaments? This would make the damage type static, possibly simplifying the code and processing requirements? We could change damage type by changing herald?

Dwarf herald: Ancient Dwarf
    All human heralds: Westernesse
    Elf herald: Beleriand
    Oathbreaker: Shadow
    Lossoth: Frost

Apologies if it's been suggested before.

This would be amazing!

anyone know if there is any ne about it?
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

No news.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Personally, I'd rather the herald take after the captain's main hand damage type.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather the herald take after the captain's main hand damage type.
    for sure anything is better than the common damage they have
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

This would be great.

I would also like to see some sort of CC limitation on heralds. Kinda lame to be pet class and your herald is perma cc'd. I also wonder if it's time to add some audacity sharing on heralds, or some pvp armor for heralds.
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 28 2012 at 10:19 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    This would be great.

I would also like to see some sort of CC limitation on heralds. Kinda lame to be pet class and your herald is perma cc'd. I also wonder if it's time to add some audacity sharing on heralds, or some pvp armor for heralds.
    Yeah, like in diablo that you can equip some stuff in your companion, but I think the devs might not do it... =/

But if you can equip armor in a horse, why cant you give some stuff for your esquire?