We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Then we clearly need a bigger cup. If our hps or dps "overflowed" it wouldn't even reach the steps of any of the other classes. If guards are now ~hunters/RK's I can't see our "overflowing" shot class causing a nerf.

(*note I totally disagree with making captains or guards on level with a hunter, or on level with mini heals. I only want enough boost to make a name for ourselves outside of what we can do for others.)
    Oh, I agree that more DPS would be nice...but at the moment, it's pretty easy to be DPS traited and still do most of the healing of a healing-traited Captain, so if they increased DPS, they'd probably have to find some way to decrease healing output when not traited for it, otherwise we're stuck with a case of the Moria "HoH or Die" mentality, only with our DPS line.

I just don't agree that any of our Legendaries need to become passives just because LM swords did. Sure, I'd love it if ALL our Legendaries were passive, but I understand why they aren't. It *is* annoying that we're one of the classes that has 3 good non-capstone Legendary traits, but on the flip side, it's also boring being on classes where my traits haven't changed in 4 years.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Oh, I agree that more DPS would be nice...but at the moment, it's pretty easy to be DPS traited and still do most of the healing of a healing-traited Captain, so if they increased DPS, they'd probably have to find some way to decrease healing output when not traited for it, otherwise we're stuck with a case of the Moria "HoH or Die" mentality, only with our DPS line.
    They have already taken steps to do just the opposite. They have increased our ability to heal while in dps spec with the new changes to VS.

Even so healing and dps are their own check and balance. Without changing specs as heals go up dps will go down, and visa versa. Even balanced hps to dps (equal parts) is not even close to op.

I hear your fears, i don't want to be stuck on HOH again either but I'd like to get to the point where LTC is an option that doesn't spark laughter. I would like HOH, 4/3, and LTC to be viable and respected options.
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 17 2012 at 06:06 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

The problem as I see it is that HoH simply does not give you as many defeat events as LtC does (due to the 5% extra crit chance and perhaps another 1500 crit if you dont trait at least 1r in HoH), and since Rallying Cry often is the main heal skill IMO, the difference in healing HoH vs LtC is decreased.

I think there should be some other way of creating defeat responses when traited HoH, perhaps tied to a healing skill (e.g. x% chance to get a defeat event when using WoC and/or Inspire). That way HoH could secure itself as the healing traitline without improving HoH DPS and make LtC useless.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    I usually solo LtC, which gives me Blade Brother 100% without FB when I BB my herald. So in general, don't see
    the point of FB when soloing unless you don't slot a capstone, as all capstones give 100% of matching brother skill. FB does let you go HOH and use BB on herald to get the reduced benefit, but I've not bothered...
    Agreed. However I was actually refering to soloing at lowever levels when FB will grant you healz when using inspire while your herald is SB. Made Moria a breeze :-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000025777a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzick_of_Greenland View Post
    Agreed. However I was actually refering to soloing at lowever levels when FB will grant you healz when using inspire while your herald is SB. Made Moria a breeze :-)
    That is true, however, I'd say it only applies to like 9-17 levels (you get FB at like lvl 41-49 and you get Capstones at 58), and while it's a very nice boost for those levels, I wouldn't say it's enough to warrant FB becoming a passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    That is true, however, I'd say it only applies to like 9-17 levels (you get FB at like lvl 41-49 and you get Capstones at 58), and while it's a very nice boost for those levels, I wouldn't say it's enough to warrant FB becoming a passive.
    Until either FB, IDoME or OS becomes integrated into the class, and we get a legendary of the SotD caliber to replace the one that gets integrated, a capstone build is essentially off the table.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    And all wings can be done without an LM as well. So are you absurd for suggesting they're necessary to do it correctly?
    If you want to be technical, no class is required. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    Please don't get overly literal, it brings nothing to the argument. The only thing I think it proves is lotro has a novel design to raiding. Nobody's required, but very much recommended. You can replace lore-master power restoration with captains. And you can replace lore-master debuffs with burglars. You can replace captain buffs with yellow minstrels. But each substitution isn't quite as good as the original.

The point is... If a raid leader is going to hold up 11 other people who are otherwise ready to raid... "Sorry we only have one captain tonight, no raid" Instead of making do, that is pretty absurd. But holding up for one captain or LM is pretty reasonable, as without them you're gonna have a rough time of it.
    105 (Captain, Champion, Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Fellow Bro = LM Sword & Staff

If the skills were changed to be fellow-enabled to begin with, no one would ever notice the difference, a new legendary could be something like:

Great Resolve
    +Crit Defence
    +Mitigations
    +Perceived Threat
    captains now get 4 points of morale per point of vit

That would be an awesome trait for tanking or the 'Moors, but pretty meh otherwise, and it would complement the other legendaries fairly well.
    I agree, I might ditch IDOME now and then but I am never without fellow-bro if I am fellow-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Fellow Bro = LM Sword & Staff

If the skills were changed to be fellow-enabled to begin with, no one would ever notice the difference, a new legendary could be something like:

Great Resolve
    +Crit Defence
    +Mitigations
    +Perceived Threat
    captains now get 4 points of morale per point of vit

That would be an awesome trait for tanking or the 'Moors, but pretty meh otherwise, and it would complement the other legendaries fairly well.
    Maaaan! this would be awesome in moors!!!
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Mrblowitbytheoz View Post
    Because captains are already ridiculously op
    Common sense says that just because the creep side has trolls in their army, doesn't mean you all can act like one.

eh, i don't really care tbh, though personally i would love to see a new legendary trait for all classes
    Kraken, Thesungodra

I agree with the OP tbh
    I wouldnt mind the IDOME a skill as it is with +75% and if you equip the legendary trait the buff should add something else too apart from +75 on stats

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2