We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Why cant we get the same love?

Just reading over the Dev Diaries for the LM. Apparenlty they are making one of the Legendaries a Passive for using a sword or something. (I dont play LM, so please ignore any inaccuracies.) Their reasoning for doing this was because once a LM gets the trait, they virtually never remove it.... so IDOME comes into mind. Why doesnt Turbine make that a non legendary skill being how captain's very very very rarely ever take it off? The cappy would be in a better place if we were able to utilize that legendary slot for a different much needed CD based legendary skill. I know this has been asked for in other threads, and as nothing is "set in stone" yet with the final release of skill updates and what not, it may be something for Turbine to pursue.

Anyone else feel the way I do about it?
    Last edited by aadaboy19; Aug 16 2012 at 01:07 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

2 Long Street, Pickgrove, Bree-Land Homesteads
    Perhaps they feel that IDOME 'IS' legendary. The ability for a Loremaster to use a sword with his staff isn't all that legendary. The benefit they get from a sword doesn't compare to the benefit that is obtained from IDOME. They should have worded the reason for the change to the Legendary differently. Instead of saying "LM's never untraited it" they should have said "just being able to equip a sword is hardly worthy of a Legendary trait". Many mini's never untrait their in-combat rez. Doesn't mean that it should be made a regular skill and removed as a Legendary.
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"]Barmin - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#F0FFF0"]Brahm - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#DAA520"]Bremlin - lv 85 Burglar[/COLOR], [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Glenduil - lv 85 RK[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFFF00"]Glenduin - lv 85 Hunter[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Paxlen - lv 85 Warden[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Paxdan - lv 85 Champ[/COLOR], [COLOR="#008080"]Salazaar - lv 85 LM[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFA07A"]Tumeni - lv 85 Mini[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Shanesse - lv 65 Cappy[/COLOR]

While I see your point when referenced to other classes, I would at least like to see it revamped and perhaps made a class trait, or something else. I guess I would just like it to be a passive or something change the name to "A Captain's Presence" or something, I feel we could better benefit by changing it up a bit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Fellow Bro = LM Sword & Staff

If the skills were changed to be fellow-enabled to begin with, no one would ever notice the difference, a new legendary could be something like:

Great Resolve
    +Crit Defence
    +Mitigations
    +Perceived Threat
    captains now get 4 points of morale per point of vit

That would be an awesome trait for tanking or the 'Moors, but pretty meh otherwise, and it would complement the other legendaries fairly well.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Aug 16 2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Fellow Bro = LM Sword & Staff

If the skills were changed to be fellow-enabled to begin with, no one would ever notice the difference, a new legendary could be something like:

Great Resolve
    +Crit Defence
    +Mitigations
    +Perceived Threat
    captains now get 4 points of morale per point of vit

That would be an awesome trait for tanking or the 'Moors, but pretty meh otherwise, and it would complement the other legendaries fairly well.
    i second that emotion
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

I blame myself...

One of their reasonings for giving LM's a sword by default was all LM's would slot sword/staff as soon as they got it and never unslot it.

If only I had not been un-slotting idome for the past 12 months...! Argh.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    I blame myself...

One of their reasonings for giving LM's a sword by default was all LM's would slot sword/staff as soon as they got it and never unslot it.

If only I had not been un-slotting idome for the past 12 months...! Argh.
    That's like what happens with FB.

Walk into a raid without that, ESPECIALLY if it's a PUG one and you're non-annon.... watch what happens....

Edit:
    Same goes for the two yellows.

Because captains are already ridiculously op

Quote Originally Posted by Mrblowitbytheoz View Post
    Because captains are already ridiculously op
    Elaborate please.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Elaborate please.
    "We don't got 2 captains, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow."
    fire rk is just hunt clone without evade, ports and lower mits, or LM clone without CC, pets and 1 less gear slot.
    thx for destroying yellow line and the entire class with it

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that captains are so sparse because they aren't all that fun to level?

It's funny how captains think only their class got minor changes (which aren't minor if you compare them to the burg-diary)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a000000140f45/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Elaborate please.

Grabs popcorn and waits for a good story.

Why cant we get the same love?
    So guardians get nearly the dps of a hunter or RK from out of the blue... I hear you man.

For all those who have in the past said we are not hunters, healers, or whatever. Guards, whom you formerly knew as tanks, are nearly hunters now! Lets get past that road block, and finally dig ourselves out of mediocrity.

(*note I totally disagree with making captains or guards on level with a hunter, or on level with mini heals. I only want enough boost to make a name for ourselves outside of what we can do for others.)
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 16 2012 at 07:12 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I rarely use IDOME nowadays. The Captain "Staff and Sword" equivalent is definitely Fellowship-brother, as someone points out up there.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNA52C7.jpg[/IMG]

Waaha R10 Reaver, Tardleader R9 War-Leader, Wargtard R7 Warg
    Fellagund R5 Warden, Eldelcar R4 Lore-Master, Cadwolf R3 Captain, Eldelband R2 Minstrel

We don't have 2 healers, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.
    We don't have 2 tanks, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.
    We don't have CC, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.
    We don't have DPS, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.

... ?
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNA52C7.jpg[/IMG]

Waaha R10 Reaver, Tardleader R9 War-Leader, Wargtard R7 Warg
    Fellagund R5 Warden, Eldelcar R4 Lore-Master, Cadwolf R3 Captain, Eldelband R2 Minstrel

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelcar View Post
    We don't have 2 healers, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.
    We don't have 2 tanks, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.
    We don't have CC, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.
    We don't have DPS, raid is disbanded, thx for patience maybe tommorow.

... ?
    Not really.
    You don't got 2 guards, you take 2 wardens or warden + guard.
    You can't find minstrel you get RK.
    Only captain can't be replaced.
    fire rk is just hunt clone without evade, ports and lower mits, or LM clone without CC, pets and 1 less gear slot.
    thx for destroying yellow line and the entire class with it

Not really.
    You don't got 2 guards, you take 2 wardens or warden + guard.
    You can't find minstrel you get RK.
    Only captain can't be replaced.
    Doesn't mean we're desired because we're OP.

We're desired because of our unique buffs (many have commented taht the captain can go QQ in a corner once the encounter starts, so long as they keep buffing).

We're also desired because captains suck to level, making them scarce at end game.

Quote Originally Posted by aadaboy19 View Post
    Anyone else feel the way I do about it?
    Not me.
    I play 7 classes and all of them have certain preferences for the legendary traits. In some cases I was not changing a legendary trait for years, and IDOME is not one of those. Neither is Fellowship Brother, since I absolutely do not need it in solo. In PUGs I see plenty of captains who ignore the Fellowship Brother skill completely. Perhaps it is a result of soloing all the way to lvl75, but the fact is - many players do not consider this trait as a mandatory one.

The Lore Master's 'Staff and Sword' skill is different. All LMs are using it both in solo or while grouping. All players believe it is a must-have skill no matter how good the player is. In the end-game instances/raids you may often come across a sword with will/fate on it and it will be referred as a 'LM sword'. I am sure there are even players who do not know that an LM needs a trait to be able to use a sword.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

The notion of two captains being required is absurd. My raid group has done all the T2 wings with only one captain.

Which is also why motivating speech needs to be raid-wide.

One captain is required, two is generally better.. Or was, while we had reasonable dps. Who knows now.
    Nobody whines about an LM being required, but if you're not bringing a LM to your raids you're doing it wrong.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

A Lore-master would equip Staff+Sword no matter what, that does not apply to any of the Captain legendary traits. You'd be silly to trait Fellowship Brother when soloing. IDOME isn't worth it for shorter fights as the ones in ToO compared to FB and Oathies. Oathies and Dunedain Shield has their uses but they're far from mandatory.

With that said, I'd love to see a legendary trait like the one Almagnus is proposing, perhaps because it's OP?

Captains get love in other ways. There are plenty of things that seem like they are horribly inefficient, like our LTs and LI legacies...but if they fixed them, our awesome might overflow the cup and inspire nerfs!

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    The notion of two captains being required is absurd. My raid group has done all the T2 wings with only one captain.

Nobody whines about an LM being required, but if you're not bringing a LM to your raids you're doing it wrong.
    And all wings can be done without an LM as well. So are you absurd for suggesting they're necessary to do it correctly?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Did it ever occur to you that captains are so sparse because they aren't all that fun to level?
    O_o Speak for yourself bro, my favorite class so far to level has been Captain. Decent DPS, great survivability, too many options to list, just plain awesome. My theory is the reason Captains are sparse is because most poeple need the ego boost from being the in your face "killer DPS guy", or the "indestructable tank", or the "healer that saved the day". We Captians make everybody awesome, but we don't get the kudos that a lot of people crave.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    ... You'd be silly to trait Fellowship Brother when soloing.
    FB is great soloing, who doesn't like selfhealz?

(Edit - great while soloing at lower levels) :-)

IMHO if they are going to make anything passive, how about summoning horns, it would be nice to free up a bag slot :-)
    Last edited by Fezzick_of_Greenland; Aug 17 2012 at 01:35 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000025777a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    ...our awesome might overflow the cup and inspire nerfs!

LOL Awesome to the brim, but no overflow :-) love it +rep
    Last edited by Fezzick_of_Greenland; Aug 17 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000025777a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Captains get love in other ways. There are plenty of things that seem like they are horribly inefficient, like our LTs and LI legacies...but if they fixed them, our awesome might overflow the cup and inspire nerfs!
    Then we clearly need a bigger cup. If our hps or dps "overflowed" it wouldn't even reach the steps of any of the other classes. If guards are now ~hunters/RK's I can't see our "overflowing" shot class causing a nerf. Some people are doing 2.4-3k+ raid dps, how much overflow are we talking about here?

(*note I totally disagree with making captains or guards on level with a hunter, or on level with mini heals. I only want enough boost to make a name for ourselves outside of what we can do for others.)
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 17 2012 at 12:34 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzick_of_Greenland View Post
    FB is great soloing, who doesn't like selfhealz?
    I usually solo LtC, which gives me Blade Brother 100% without FB when I BB my herald. So in general, don't see
    the point of FB when soloing unless you don't slot a capstone, as all capstones give 100% of matching brother skill. FB does let you go HOH and use BB on herald to get the reduced benefit, but I've not bothered...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast