We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Developers

Developers

POSTED 2007 BY BEREPHON ; DEVELOPER. posted on the hidden nuggets thread. ( located Lotro forums Hall of fame section.) page 5.

post #187 on thread

Quote Originally Posted by Berephon View Post
    ... I know as a player it was always good to see the designers actually posting as part of the community in some of the other games I was a part of . . . makes it clearer that the devs actually care about the game and the community, whereas in other games where the devs didn't post, it seemed stagnant, and there was a lot more tension between players and much more animosity towards the game companies. (We have plenty of both, but not nearly at the level I've seen elsewhere. For the most part, I feel we have a constructive community both in and out of game.)

A somewhat pointed question...... would greatly apreciate if we got 1 reply:

has this gone the way of "Conveience, not advantage"?

The community has taught Turbine to communicate less, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    The community has taught Turbine to communicate less, actually.
    how so? one or two ragetrolls and down goes the neighbourhood?

take a good look at some of the old threads from the Forums hall of fame (esp hidden nuggets)..... lotsa interaction.

devs used to be people you knew and talked to often... people who responded to your questions....
    they used to reply to the good questions and ingore the trolls...

im sure to some small extent the community is to blame... but really the Devs should be able to man up and take some heat... its ruining the game and the community. if they decided to go turtle and withdraw than its their own fault. they have a responsiblity to maintain the community and the game.

sadly... seeing the changes coming from RoR it gives the preception that the devs nether play the game nor read the forums... much less post on them.

i would really love for them to talk with us... but again.. if they decide they will ignore us instead of working with what they have than its exclusively their own fault. its their decision. its their concequeces.

the concequences? Anger, resentment, and pooling of nagative thoughts that only come from this kind of neglect. is it our fault that we have all this negativity? NO its a result of their decisions and our QQ is our way of saying that we need some love. the more QQ... the more we are crying our for help.

eventual result? loss of players, loss of profit, and a bad reputation among the overall MMO community

Unfortunately the forums do not speak for the majority of players. In fact most LOTRO players rarely visit the forums. This does not mean that they don't think the class needs improved or that they are happy with it. So turbine doesn't seem to be overly moved by what they read on the forums either way. At least they used to give a token response and at times take the community's opinion to heart. The hunter forum doesn't really seem to get that token attention anymore.

It would be cool to get more involvement from more players. I think that if that happened then maybe positive changes would be more common. If it wasn't for the lotto or for technical help I think most people would never visit lotro.com
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    Unfortunately the forums do not speak for the majority of players. In fact most LOTRO players rarely visit the forums. This does not mean that they don't think the class needs improved or that they are happy with it. So turbine doesn't seem to be overly moved by what they read on the forums either way. At least they used to give a token response and at times take the community's opinion to heart. The hunter forum doesn't really seem to get that token attention anymore.

It would be cool to get more involvement from more players. I think that if that happened then maybe positive changes would be more common. If it wasn't for the lotto or for technical help I think most people would never visit lotro.com
    allow me to correct/re-phrase what you said...

A majority of players do not visit the forums.. but those who do speak for the others. (at least thats how i view it)

because if people QQ on forums about survival problems... chances are most hunters are having the same problem.

more DEV involvement in the forums would be appreciated... because feedback will be useful for class and game development and give the game a better reputation and have player feel welcomed by the devs instead of feeling like we are being given the cold shoulder