We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DPS Emblem Post RoR

For those not in the know, a DPS emblem is one intended for usage with a LtC Capstone build, usually paired with a dedicated healing emblem to give the captain a rough equivalent of a DPS and healing stance.

With the overhaul of the SoW legacy, it's become crucial to ALL of the traitlines, so it's now justified on all emblems (again).

With the core legacies of:
    -Grave Wound Cooldown
    -Rally Cry Cooldown
    -Shadow's Lament Cooldown
    +Strength of Will

What should be the other two legacies be?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

BoE damage. Cutting Bleed. (especially for moors with slow, and the extra stack bleed from grave wound uses the same modifier)

Personally I wouldn't have the SoW legacy on that and would have it on a swap emblem. It's a pain, but you can build a very nice 2nd age swap emblem with every single legacy used, and I believe max them all.

I'll keep mine just the same as it is now:
    RC Cooldown
    Vocal Heals
    RC Heals
    Melee Heals (more important with IVS)
    SL Cooldown
    WoC pulses (I ain't spamming this unless I have to)
    Might (from Crystal of Rememberance, don't need points to make that worth something)

I'm not keen on the IGW cooldown, seein' as the bleed duration and cooldown match up nicely already.

I manually swap for SoW. I'll continue doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardG View Post
    BoE damage. Cutting Bleed. (especially for moors with slow, and the extra stack bleed from grave wound uses the same modifier)
    Thats weapon stuff there.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Aug 14 2012 at 03:16 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Can tell I haven't played my captain for a few months :P
    And unlikely to pick them back up in RoR either, lack of personal DPS has just frustrated me to the point of giving them up. Doubly so now Guards are getting a buff.

my emblem will be

4major
    rc cd
    rc healing
    sow
    vs moral return or vocal heals (or both with crystal, not sure about points)
    2minor
    sl cd
    gw cd

this setup should allow for good survivability and dps with the right relics
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c01000026f3e4/signature.png]Kalraburz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    With the core legacies of:
    -Grave Wound Cooldown
    -Rally Cry Cooldown
    -Shadow's Lament Cooldown
    +Strength of Will

What should be the other two legacies be?
    I would say Vocal Healing and Might stat.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe | Gladden

Isnt Grave Wound cooldown more of a LoM legacy? I wouldn't say the bleed is good enough to warrant the -5s cd legacy.

I'd pick
    RC CD
    Vocal healing
    RC Heal
    Melee healing
    SL cooldown
    WoC pulses
    Perhaps might (crystal of remembrence).

I would put Grave Wound Cooldown on tanking emblems only, not DPS ones. The Grave Wound legacy just scales poorly, and it doesn't actually increase your damage output at all.

On a 3 Major Emblem, I'd use:
    + Strength of Will Magnitude
    + Rallying Cry Cooldown
    + Rallying Cry Healing (Valiant Strike Healing might be a valid choice now, though)
    - Shadow's Lament Cooldown
    - Time of Need Cooldown
    - Time of Need Morale Cost

I know folks prefer using swap emblems for the ToN legacies, but getting more uses out of ToN will generate more DPS for you than any of the other emblem options. (Even maxed out, the Grave Wound Cooldown legacy does not actually increase the amount of damage you get from the bleed -- it stacks with Cutting Attack but not itself.)

On a healing emblem, I'd probably replace the SoW legacy with Valiant Strike Healing and use Vocal Healing in place of Rallying Cry Healing. (Seems sacrilegious, I know, but recall that the SoW legacy's max magnitude is getting decreased from 15% to 10%, closing the gap between Song-Brother and Shield-Brother healing.) I'd also use the new Battle State and Defeat Event Duration legacy in place of Shadow's Lament Cooldown, then I'd probably look at WoC Pulses and SotD Cooldown..
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

With the RC spam possible from a MoW Crit-Cry build, wouldn't +Vocal healing be a better choice than +VS healing?

Good point about the Grave Wound legacy.

As far as might goes, I'd likely use the +major item, then tack on the might legacy to a minor legacy slot, just so it's there.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West