We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Ireland and more Irish than the Irish, loving Ireland and going for citizenship :)

Skykeeper - a case of mistaken identity

I am posting this on behalf of my husband, to clear up some very unfortunate case of mistaken identity.

Anyone who has come across rumours that the player of Skykeeper has committed theft under a previous character name, please be aware that my husband changed name around march 2011 for completely unrelated reasons. From the details we have been able to gather, another player must have taken on his previous name and committed some very unpleasant thefts. When this exactly happened, we are not certain, but we took a year break from lotro and have only recently returned.

Players who have had contact with the thief via coms have assured us that it is very obvious that my husband is not that player in question. Voice and accent differ greatly, plus there appears other evidence as in that the thieving player's characters was below level cap, while my husband had reached level cap already long before we went on our break.

We would appreciate no one spreading rumours without having clear evidence to present, and to definitely not listen to any rumours in regards to this case either.

----
    Please remember a name change sets free the previous name for re-use by others. A character name therefore is not evidence enough to accuse another player of crimes, all the more if time has passed. More than just a name has to be collected as evidence, although I know this can make it difficult for kinships to maintain an accurate warning system. But.. a wrong received can hardly justify committing a wrong in return. This case has caused my husband considered stress and upset, and while an apology would have been nice, we shall settle for hopefully having not to deal with anymore rumours or name flagging after this.

Thank you for reading

~ the flesh and blood player behind the character of Starina
    WOOF - we really finally need dogs in Middle Earth - WOOF

It is, however, true that when you look a character name up on Lorebook there is an account name attached to it in many cases, and that particular piece of information is constant for any characters on that account, regardless of name changes. It is therefore possible in many cases to know if you're dealing with the same person even if the name is changed or a new toon is created, although I think it might be possible to hide that information if someone wanted to be really anonymous. And of course with F2P it's reasonably easy to create dummy accounts if one really wishes to engage in tomfoolery.

I should add: it would be nice if Turbine could implement some kind of "trail" that would let you see renaming history for a particular character, or to see all toons associated with a certain account - although I guess that would interfere with a legitimate need to go anonymous. It would, however, make it much easier to unravel these kinds of situations.
    Last edited by Anghara; Aug 12 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000034763/01006/signature.png]Ardreth[/charsig]

Ireland and more Irish than the Irish, loving Ireland and going for citizenship :)
    I am confused, as the account name is the log in name, which for security reasons is held private?

Also, it would have been nice of those accusing to actually step forth and give a date as to when this all has occured. We were gone from lotro for a year. Do we now additionally have to worry the account was hacked? But if it would have been hacked, how could it explain the level cap difference we were told was presence in the incident? And any hacker surely would have also caused theft to the hacked account, or so I would at least assume, plus - my husband's character had already been renamed around March of 2011. Did those thefts occure before that date?

I am also not certain what lorebook we are talking about. If I type the old name into the search here, it does not come up with my husband's account, but instead with the one who is currently holding that name (which of course also does not mean that this player is the thief in question, as I have no idea whether more name changes have occured).

We would really appreciate this being investigated and cleared up thoroughly.

I am sorry that my wife has to do the typing mostly for me, but my spelling can be bad im ex british forces and my wife is a published writer ^^(not in english thoo she is german) i am utterly confused about this i have never been with the kin that had that theft. untill the day i joined them and booted the next day, i have spoken to a wonderful officer from that kin and says he would invite us back if we wanted as he spoke on comms with us and knew, that i am not a american young boy, but an worn out british war vet, I can understand why the kin done what they done, but they didnt need to boot could of spoke to me about it, as recruit does not hold rights to the chests as i was told. therefore you can look at my profile and see my chars

Just want this cleared up, Thankyou for your time, and sorry for the bad grammer.

Also, with this lorebook here, the outcome can vary depending whether one chooses player or character for the search. Maybe the mistake was made to check for player, and not character...

..and yes, his gramma is terrbile (although I can end with that problem too, English only being my secondary language :P) but I love him regardless ^_^

First point: I can confirm that most of what Starina and Posedian are saying is correct. I was not there for the alleged action of whoever it was, so cannot talk about that, but can say that Starina and Posedian are nice people and friendly in game. I am an Officer in Aragorn's Allies, which they were members of for some weeks after they returned and grouped with them many times.

Second point: As far as I can tell, the concern was about the account 'Posedian' (forum name, NOT the account name used to sign in, difference between drfacts and Roscaron) and possible actions characters associated with the account may have taken in the past. You can check what account a character is associated with by looking the up on mylotro, unless they have gone anonymous. You cannot do the reverse, unless they take that character public.

I hope any problems from the past will not cloud your future Starina and Skykeeper. I look forward to seeing you around.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]R6[/COLOR]-MIN Roscaron - [COLOR=#ffd700]Aragorn's Allies[/COLOR] - Officer
    [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-DEF [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WRG [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-BA [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WL [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-RVR [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-WVR - {Dead,Red,Bow,Boss,Blade,Web} meat
    [/CENTER]

If it means anything.....

Star and Sky are both awesome people. Actions described are things they would definitely never do.

<3 Them both, and they would be a great addition to any kinship.
    [center][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/jcc4.png/][IMG]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9340/jcc4.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Thank you both so much for taking the time to post in here, that is truly truly lovely, and so sorry I did not reply earlier. I had not thought anyone would still reply, so I stopped looking at this thread, I hope I can be forgiven *blushes deeply and slaps self*

We have not heard anything about this anymore, with no idea whether Skykeeper is still kept on a list, stating he had committed that theft, but we at least hope those involved in accusing him have meantime realized where the identities ended mistaken. A few words from them would have been nice, just to let us know this all really has been resolved, and also that all those who had access to this misinformation were informed about it having been false, which we this way do not know whether it happened or not, but as long as this really 'is' off the table now, we are at least hopefull it will not further affect our gaming in any negative way.

Again, thank you both so much, Rosc and Fin (<3) your support means heaps to us. We have not been out in the moors much recently, as I am levelling my Lm (I got a black putty tat now!! ^__^), and Luke is levelling a minstrel, but we will get back out there as soon as those characters have reached cap. Missing the moors mayhem, hehe *hugs from us both to creeps and freeps alike!!!*
    Last edited by Starina; Sep 13 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Just now seeing this post, but I too will vouch for what Starina is saying. I know the actual character everyone is claiming Posedian to be. Here is the difference, Posedian is the account name of Starina's Husband but plays on a character with a different name. It is also the name of a different players character. They both have been in my kinship, so I know they are 2 different people. I've heard both of their different voices and the character Posedian was young and not of age to even consider being married. I have also spoken with Posedian(the character) many times in mumble, even after he was removed from our kin for harassing another member. I know half of his toons that many others don't know of. As for the Posedian posting here in this post, he is not the same person. I don't even have to 2nd guess, because I know this is true.

lol, our reply rates are sporadic to say the least, but regardless, having just seen your reply Kaster, I wish to thank you as well for taking the time to post on my hubby's behalf. We are truly grateful for this, even though we have been away from lotro (playing GW2 recently). Hope you are all well, Rosc and Fin and Kaster!! And that you had great holidays and a brilliant start into the New Year!!! ^___^