We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 128
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930

    The Adventures of Hunter-Man


    The Amazing Adventures of Hunter-Man!
    Episode one: Hunter Rants
    note: these images depict hunter man and are intended for parody and are not meant to convey any offense to anyone. this is in respect to the developers and is not intended to offend anyone

    So whats this supposed to be?




    Its the Hunter Developer diary, sir





    you serious? its so tiny... i cant even read it




    they must be pretty awesome changes... since there are so few of them




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    So what are they?





    well sir.... they made blindside useable on the move.... and campfire has more regen..... and..




    I dont care about the minor fluff... gimme the big fixes...




    well sir... the only... thing... is..........


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    ..... this









    IS THIS A BLOODY JOKE?!?!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!



    yes malord, thats it. Lendas is already ranting about it on the forums



    WHAT?



    AFTER 5 YEARS OF PLAYING THIS GAME AND ASKING FOR AT LEAST A NO INDUCTION PRESS ONWARD WE GET THIS?????

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    CRY OF HUNTERS? MORE LIKE DERP OF HUNTERS!!



    AND CHAMPS AND MINIS ARE TELLING US TO BE HAPPY?


    CHAMPS AND BLOODY OVERPOWERED MINIS?




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930




    why.... why cant we get something good for once....


    why cant i be something more than creep food for once?




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930


    ........ rally the troops..... after release comes.... and we flop in the moors again......


    ... we will come here, to the forums...... and speak our minds like never before...


    get Lendas.... i want him on the post team.... get Eoburn to do our GIFs and JPGs...



    NOTHING WILL STOP MEH!!!

  8. #8
    So, even after a good dev diary, that included steps in the right direction for the class, you find something to QQ about. I've already stated, time after time, my replies to you, so I'm not going to do so again, except that you make things seem much, much worse then they are.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]

  9. #9
    lololololol love it.
    Yes I agree that the changes are kinda of &&&&&& and that they could've done something better like no induction for press onward like you said or actually some use for camo.
    Heck I would rather prefer this-Improve HS crit chance and crit multiplier goes up by 25% and devastate chance is raises to 40%.
    Something new would've helped, turbine needs to come up with new skills rather than improve ones.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by josh13333 View Post
    So, even after a good dev diary, that included steps in the right direction for the class, you find something to QQ about. I've already stated, time after time, my replies to you, so I'm not going to do so again, except that you make things seem much, much worse then they are.
    lol... Hunter-man was right.... the champs are telling us to be happy!

    things will be as ugly as i say from all the data that i can gather

    sum these:

    creep upgrades
    lack of effective hunter upgrades
    fail moors set
    high probabilty of fail pve sets ( you will see once ror comes out, still wont have audacity)


    the only unknown is the jewels... and those wont be powerful because that would make the other freep classes op.


    Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    Heck I would rather prefer this-Improve HS crit chance and crit multiplier goes up by 25% and devastate chance is raises to 40%.
    ummmm no. thats OP..... we dont need more DPS... we need a balanced survival mode (less dmg, more surival and mobility) and more UTILITY




    NEW EPISODES COMING!
    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 11 2012 at 04:20 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    lol... Hunter-man was right.... the champs are telling us to be happy!

    things will be as ugly as i say from all the data that i can gather

    sum these:

    creep upgrades
    lack of effective hunter upgrades
    fail moors set
    high probabilty of fail pve sets ( you will see once ror comes out, still wont have audacity)


    the only unknown is the jewels... and those wont be powerful because that would make the other freep classes op.

    I really, really, love assumptions. You base that I'm a champ off my sig.. I have a champ, that I hardly use. Want to be correct instead of just throwing unbased information around? Check what you say. Besides my horribley geared champ I hardly play, I have a raid geared hunter. Sooooo, before you decide to insult me based on my sig, why not check my account page? Btw.. seriously.. someone needs to find a new source, the Hitler scene from IB is starting to get old. What's even more ironic is that you call me a champ, after you comment in my trapper of foes breakdown, where I clearly mention that I raid with a hunter. All I have to say is ...

    *facepalm*

    To all the people on the internet who love to make assumptions.

    PS. You have to notice hunters that do well in the moors, one such example is Yelk from Brandywine, not only does he lead a top raid kin, he's, if I remember correctly, rank 14 in the moors with a KD of + 20, and solos most the time.

    PPS. In case you don't want to go checking your facts, which from your post history I believe you don't, http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1...7637563523001/ hunter page...
    Last edited by josh13333; Aug 11 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by josh13333 View Post
    I really, really, love assumptions. You base that I'm a champ off my sig.. I have a champ, that I hardly use. Want to be correct instead of just throwing unbased information around? Check what you say. Besides my horribley geared champ I hardly play, I have a raid geared hunter. Sooooo, before you decide to insult me based on my sig, why not check my account page? Btw.. seriously.. someone needs to find a new source, the Hitler scene from IB is starting to get old. What's even more ironic is that you call me a champ, after you comment in my trapper of foes breakdown, where I clearly mention that I raid with a hunter. All I have to say is ...

    *facepalm*

    To all the people on the internet who love to make assumptions.

    PS. You have to notice hunters that do well in the moors, one such example is Yelk from Brandywine, not only does he lead a top raid kin, he's, if I remember correctly, rank 14 in the moors with a KD of + 20, and solos most the time.
    I too, love assumptions.

    you assume that all hunters are like yelk, and that if your not like yelk your not doing things right.
    yelk is the top 5% of the hunter population that does well/ok. he has top tier everything and consumables, time, and all the latest fluff to boot. generalization FTW (not). 95% of hunters cant get/dont want to grind the best of everything.


    for one, your blasting of me for calling you a champ is unwarrented.
    the assumption (yes i did, oh noes!) that your main is a champ because most people put their mains as their char sigs and not some obscure undergeared champ alt.




    and btw most assumptions are based on supporting facts.



    please dont turn this into a drama thread. there are already 7 and counting active drama threads out there and we dont need an 8th.
    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 11 2012 at 04:53 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930

    Episode 2: The Tour
    note: these images are intended for parody and are not meant to convey any offense to anyone. this is in respect to the developers and is not intended to offend anyone


    at an unnamed gaming company

    ... and so here we develop our less important classes



    ummm... they're all squirrels



    I know........ problem?

    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 11 2012 at 05:21 PM.

  14. #14

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    I too, love assumptions.

    you assume that all hunters are like yelk, and that if your not like yelk your not doing things right.
    yelk is the top 5% of the hunter population that does well/ok. he has top tier everything and consumables, time, and all the latest fluff to boot. generalization FTW (not). 95% of hunters cant get/dont want to grind the best of everything.


    for one, your blasting of me for calling you a champ is unwarrented.
    the assumption (yes i did, oh noes!) that your main is a champ because most people put their mains as their char sigs and not some obscure undergeared champ alt.
    I never mentioned that every hunter is like Yelk, only that contrary to what a lot of pvmp hunters say, you can play the class well in the moors if you dedicate time to get what you need. Personally, I only think a class should be beast in the moors if you intend to work towards that, even though minis, and to an extent champs, are able to do so much easier. And I only called you out on the champ issue because you dismissed my opinion on hunters because of it, and I only keep that sig because most of my forums posts HAVE been under that sig, and it makes it easier to recognize who's writing the post. Yes, the hunter could use some help in the moors. No, the hunter doesn't need to be boosted up to OP mode. I'd love to personally see a scaled up press onward with no induction, same with bow of the righteous for pve. It seems, however, that they did scale at least the agile rejoinder heal up with the expansion, which even though not really a help in pvmp, is a step in a right direction. And that's the issue I have with this post, you dismiss a dev diary because it doesn't have anything you want, without giving it the fact that it IS a step in the right direction, more so then we've gotten in a long time.

    Also, nice of you to add the disclaimer at the top, even though I doubt it will be neccesary, since I've seen the pictures/clip used more then once on the forums.

    Edit number 2. Lol at the second string of pictures, nice to see some more creativity .
    Last edited by josh13333; Aug 11 2012 at 05:18 PM.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by josh13333 View Post


    Edit number 2. Lol at the second string of pictures, nice to see some more creativity .
    lots more coming, stay tuned and /subscribe!

  16. #16
    1) It's hard to complain about how OP creeps are before anyone has been in the moors post-changes.

    2) Dev Diary provided quite a few things hunters asked for: Aggro management, Improved campfire, Improved Hunter's art, non-fail Split shot, some sort of a survivabilty skill.

    3) It appears as if we have a new dev who made all of these changes(after who knows how long of a time on the job) so that is a reason to be more hopeful.

    4)How you can complain about moors sets is beyond me. Yellow-line set is perfect if that's what you want to do in the moors. Blue-line set gives 1 focus every 4 seconds... thats 120% focus generation. Don't know how that will look, but it's probably similar to the faron set.

    5) Somehow there's a high probability of fail PvE sets, when most of the pve sets we've had for hunters have been pretty nice. Hele, OD, Faron/redline orthanc, even draigoch for a while before they got rid of uber-Fleetness.

    6)The only unknown is Jewels....and everything else you've whined about.

    7)This wasn't even funny.
    Megabob

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldin View Post
    1) It's hard to complain about how OP creeps are before anyone has been in the moors post-changes.

    2) Dev Diary provided quite a few things hunters asked for: Aggro management, Improved campfire, Improved Hunter's art, non-fail Split shot, some sort of a survivabilty skill.

    3) It appears as if we have a new dev who made all of these changes(after who knows how long of a time on the job) so that is a reason to be more hopeful.

    4)How you can complain about moors sets is beyond me. Yellow-line set is perfect if that's what you want to do in the moors. Blue-line set gives 1 focus every 4 seconds... thats 120% focus generation. Don't know how that will look, but it's probably similar to the faron set.

    5) Somehow there's a high probability of fail PvE sets, when most of the pve sets we've had for hunters have been pretty nice. Hele, OD, Faron/redline orthanc, even draigoch for a while before they got rid of uber-Fleetness.

    6)The only unknown is Jewels....and everything else you've whined about.





    7)This wasn't even funny.
    We mourn your lack of humor....



    not convinced that hunter will flop? come back in 3-4 months.

  18. #18
    What a well thought out argument. Have you thought about Law school?
    Megabob

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    We mourn your lack of humor....
    Uh huh. And whining wrapped up as humour is often mostly the first, and the second is a matter of taste. I didn't find it funny either. And I have an excellent sense of humour. Just ask me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    not convinced that hunter will flop? come back in 3-4 months.
    Not sure about the person you replied to, but since I'm not in the Beta, I'm reserving judgment until I actually play my hunter with the changes. Crazy....I know. Then again I don't think we're terribly "broken" now. I know that puts me in the minority of posters in these threads.
    Parahelion - Burg, Krustii - Champ, Shurmann-Cappy, Tommac-Min, Lazarrus-LM, Thromdir-Hnt, Theodolan-Grd, Kozzmeaux - Bear - Dancing in the Dark kinship.
    Wrecks - Warg - The Black Blade

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Episode 3: Hunter Training
    note: these images are intended for parody and are not meant to convey any offense to anyone. this is in respect to the developers and is not intended to offend anyone



    Master.... im not broken


    Oh... you will be..... you will be......


    Then..... what must i do master Lendas?


    A Hunter's strength... Flowwws from the QQ....

    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 12 2012 at 07:55 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    Agility.... HA! ....... crit.... HA! A Hunter seeks these not....


    You must feel the QQ.... flowwww through you.


    but beware the creep side..... Branding..... Raidcalling....Zerging...... the creep side these are....


    The creep side....... is the creep side stronger?

    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 12 2012 at 01:50 PM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    Yes


    Master..... i sense something.... i feel something...


    You are being tracked.....


    Whats..... Whats out there?


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    Only what you take with you.... plus MT, 3k heal, 7k more health, more mits, triple snare, 10 more stealth detect, skrimisher stance, 10% mit avoidance for all shots, and a buffed up vesion of dazing blow.


    Master.... im going to find the one who tracked me....


    your weapons... they will not help you.


    Im going anyway....

    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 12 2012 at 01:55 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930



    LOL wut..... on your own, you are..... foolish Hunter-man.


    NEXT TIME: Hunter-man faces the spirit of purebloodnahk and meets his nemisis.... Darth BAder

    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 12 2012 at 01:20 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    This guy is great, this is QQ to a new level. Very entertaining, will continue to read.


 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload