We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I feel the same way, and that was too well written to be a rant. I think that struck a chord with many cappies including myself. I too was hoping to get brother skills without a herald as well. I think that that would go a long way in developing the solo captain.

Sometimes I feel like every cappy update is just an update for every class besides captains. Meaning that all non-cappies get to read our updates to see what they are getting because it almost always goes to the group and not the cappy. I like that we are so awesome to groups but I also want to forge our own identity apart from the group.

I don't want my comment to diminish what deviled_egg has done here. Deviled_egg has done some pretty groundbreaking things here, touched on a lot of our old concerns. When compared to other class updates it seems the changes reached the maximum for the scope of ROR. So rather than, "he/she left out a lot", in truth Deviled_Egg did as much as he/she could within the project scope. (IMO)

I hope Deviled_egg continues in this direction we have a lot to do yet and it's going to take a long time.
    Thanks for understanding me even tho my english is horrible.You do realise how stupid is to use the pet in order when i solo to unleash my super buffs and im glad.
    And again dont get me wrong,i dont attack deviled egg in particular for the captain changes.But you know the most dev community for our class...so much feedback and still....
    A simple example now.Look at minstrel...even if he doesnt trait for heals still he can do his job.Or look at the DPS classes again they can do their primary job without sacrificing 2 legendary traits like we do...thats the reason of my rant

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    Thanks for understanding me even tho my english is horrible.You do realise how stupid is to use the pet in order when i solo to unleash my super buffs and im glad.
    And again dont get me wrong,i dont attack deviled egg in particular for the captain changes.But you know the most dev community for our class...so much feedback and still....
    A simple example now.Look at minstrel...even if he doesnt trait for heals still he can do his job.Or look at the DPS classes again they can do their primary job without sacrificing 2 legendary traits like we do...thats the reason of my rant
    Even then, buffing is something that is inherently part of what it means to be a captain - so it's bad design to ever allow us to sacrifice buffing for anything.

That said, because buffing is a downright boring role, we need to buff while doing other stuff (like buff while healing, tanking, or DPSing). What we should sacrifice is our ability to tank/heal/DPS to be better at one particular aspect of the trinity, with the support role being about flexibility. The devs can accomplish this with the current trait system by making a capstone build the RAID equivalent of a primary role, while a non-capstone build is purely support.

Making a single traitline a "support" role is the wrong way to go.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Even then, buffing is something that is inherently part of what it means to be a captain - so it's bad design to ever allow us to sacrifice buffing for anything.

That said, because buffing is a downright boring role, we need to buff while doing other stuff (like buff while healing, tanking, or DPSing). What we should sacrifice is our ability to tank/heal/DPS to be better at one particular aspect of the trinity, with the support role being about flexibility. The devs can accomplish this with the current trait system by making a capstone build the RAID equivalent of a primary role, while a non-capstone build is purely support.

Making a single traitline a "support" role is the wrong way to go.
    totally agree!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2