We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Severe Server Lag Tonight?

Tonight I've been having reduced awareness come up intermittently when the server is in fact very quiet and it's so laggy that it's been virtually unplayable both in The Great River + Stangard and in The North Downs where I tried to help someone in a fellowship. I've been experiencing constant pauses where the action continues without me, movement jumps, intermittent long delays on actions and long waits for NPC responses including in the Auction House. Playing in a fellowship was extremely difficult watching my fellows stop and appear all over the place, in fact it's been so bad I've been forced to give up tonight. I have a very fast 100Mb/S internet service and the speed is currently tested as brilliant with zero packet loss, but seeing the reduced awareness icon when the server is quiet is proof that there is a server problem. I've also spoke to other people who are also experiencing the same problem to the extent of making the game unplayable.

I know there is server maintenance later which will hopefully resolve the problem for the time being, but I've still sent in a bug report anyway. Since the server is quiet it's almost certainly some sort of fault and it needs looking into to find out what is wrongfully using all the server resources causing a bottleneck. One needs to investigate to attempt to ensure it doesn't keep happening in future as if it's virtually unplayable when the server is quiet, one could only imagine what it could be like on the day Riders of Rohan is released if the fault reoccurs then (no-one wants that to happen). A server reset might resolve the problem for a while, but a simple reset alone is rarely a long term solution to the real problem as the real cause usually won't be found and will almost certainly cause problems again in the future.

If any devs are reading please investigate, thanks for a brilliant game.
    Last edited by pjcnet; Aug 05 2012 at 11:30 PM.

Major lag issues for me too. I came here to see if there were any announcements or updates on the fix. I reported the issue in game using the bug tracker ~2 hours ago. Apparently nobody at Turbine is aware of the issue?

Bad lag has been an on and off issue for probably at least 3 years. I've never seen Turbine admit they have a problem even though I see dozens complaining of lag at exactly the same time, over and over and over. They will likely just tell you their systems are fine and that it must be something with your connection or your PC. Yes, everyone happens to have pc or connection problems at the exact same time, even though I never have this issue elsewhere.

/sigh

Yeah I'm disgruntled, but I learned long ago that they will never EVER fix the lag problems.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Same problem for me. Seen several Kin members with lag problems also.

Seen a lot of hitching and combat lagging bad. Also while in the Evendim zone had reduced awareness alert up. Did not look to busy to me.

Good grief.

Turbine, Are you guys even trying anymore?

The lag was probably the worst Ive seen in a good year on Arkie. Stuttersteps, rubberbanding, lag issues, skill lag issues...
    Saw it on both sides in Moors, saw it while FISHING for festival, and even riding around Thorins Gate.

Honestly guys, If you've given up on this....let us know....
    85 Burg; Brunnhilda -High Chieftain Sineater and Overlord Vulfen

Vote for Neverwinter!! Vote today!! Vote for TESO!! Vote today!!

Quote Originally Posted by brunnhilda View Post
    Good grief.

Turbine, Are you guys even trying anymore?

The lag was probably the worst Ive seen in a good year on Arkie. Stuttersteps, rubberbanding, lag issues, skill lag issues...
    Saw it on both sides in Moors, saw it while FISHING for festival, and even riding around Thorins Gate.

Honestly guys, If you've given up on this....let us know....

There. Just trying to help you fix your lag since it's obviously due to your internet connection.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection