We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Fishy, Very Fishy (Quest)

Is there a special places to catch fishes? I know where to catch easy and simple fishes, but where should I try for "possible" fishes?

Thanks.

They may all be caught in the same area.

For my characters, I have to stop fishing for a little while between each division (easy/simple/possible/etc), or I keep getting the old division's fish. Usually just going to barter the fish and going back is enough time.
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Aug 05 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Ah, that's explains a lot. Thanks!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gnomemansland View Post
    Try around Meluinen in the North Downs, I caught some exotics there.
    He's needing the festival fish which can only be caught around the festival area

i've had to resort to logging out and in to start catching the next type of fish

Has anyone completed this? I got to 6/10 on Tricky fish today. The last Tier is Unlikely Fish. Are you required to catch 10 of those as well?

Thanks!
    Radian
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Has anyone completed this? I got to 6/10 on Tricky fish today. The last Tier is Unlikely Fish. Are you required to catch 10 of those as well?
    The tooltip explanation for unlikely fish says you have the same chance of catching it as the bad fish. If that is actually true, then the chances of getting 10 of those in a row would be lower than 0.1%. I don't want to believe that. So I will assume you either have to catch 1 unlikely fish so it is 50/50 or the chances are not equal like the tooltip says.

Between all my toons, I've got over 60 attempts at this quest and haven't got higher than 7 possible fishes. I look at it as a way to get more tokens (just keep fishing after I fail). Fishing for possibles gives you a token every time you cast the bait.

I suppose maybe somebody's completed this quest. People win the lottery despite the odds on any one ticket, too. But I expect anybody who hopes for the title or to complete their quest list will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    The tooltip explanation for unlikely fish says you have the same chance of catching it as the bad fish. If that is actually true, then the chances of getting 10 of those in a row would be lower than 0.1%. I don't want to believe that. So I will assume you either have to catch 1 unlikely fish so it is 50/50 or the chances are not equal like the tooltip says.
    Even if the tooltip is wrong (not hard to believe - just remember the red task item message that appears on every mob junk item whether it is actually used for a task or not), the probability of getting 60 fish in a row is extremely low for even generous success rates. For somewhat realistic success rates, the chance of getting 60 fish is near impossible.

Lets face it, either the dev for this quest intended for only 1 or 2 characters out of ALL the servers to finish this quest and get the title, or that dev spectacularly failed his probability calculations.

We can hope for a mid-faire patch to fix it like they did for the bounder quest or hope they fix it for next year.

They didn't fix it next year.

My highest attempt was 46/50. You know what that means; I was up to 6 unlikely fish.

You'll never win if you don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    My highest attempt was 46/50. You know what that means; I was up to 6 unlikely fish.

You'll never win if you don't play.
    "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

It's 2015, the fourth edition of the farmer's faire. Has anyone ever been able to complete this?

As also stated in this thread, given that you reach the fifth stage, your chance of succesfully completing the quest is 1/1024. Well in four years, I haven't even gotten to the fifth stage yet!

It isn't fun anymore and I propose that your fishing skill will have an influence on the outcome instead of purely luck. If that's too difficult to implement, turbine can also just change the chance to catch the bad fish. That's editing one number, I don't care anymore at this point.

It is hardly a waste of time, since you can barter the fish for tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post
    It's 2015, the fourth edition of the farmer's faire. Has anyone ever been able to complete this?

As also stated in this thread, given that you reach the fifth stage, your chance of succesfully completing the quest is 1/1024. Well in four years, I haven't even gotten to the fifth stage yet!

It isn't fun anymore and I propose that your fishing skill will have an influence on the outcome instead of purely luck. If that's too difficult to implement, turbine can also just change the chance to catch the bad fish. That's editing one number, I don't care anymore at this point.
    Well, I think I reached 4th stage just once in four years...
    Any dev can check and tell us if anyone have completed this quest(and how many if more than 1)? I doubt anyone was lucky enough tbh...
    This is a quest where fishing skill should improve your chance of success, let's say probability to complete should be at least 5% with fishing maxed and +5 fishing rod. Also using famous Erebrandir's horseshoe should let's say double your chances! I believe it's hardest solo quest in whole Lotro...

Quote Originally Posted by Wirbel View Post
    It is hardly a waste of time, since you can barter the fish for tokens.
    It is waste of time if you do it for tokens, there are much more efficient ways to get tokens, like mushroom hunting...

This quest is purely and simply designed to check each server's population of gullible suckers.