We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    111

    Reasons why hunter is broken and why not to play one.

    I was originaly going to post this for Lendas on the RIP thread but feel all hunters could use take something away from this, its been a while since I posted here about hunters, because shortly after RoI I had quit for good, deleted all my toons with crafting maxed, two kinhouses, ect. and I never regreted it even till this day. What you have to realize is this is not a problem that will ever be fixed.

    When RoI was released, I considred myself the best Hunter on the server, save a few one or two others who were equally spec. but based on preferance. I was a good little hunter, I had watched every development, and every pod cast that was ever released by the dev team and thier Public Relations guy.

    After RoI was released I had figured all the algorithims and max dps and agro balance, and watched how they changed every class into new roles. It was shocking the amount of changes that had took place. All the promises that zombie had promised in his interview with Doc Holiday were saddly broken, and the only comment that held true was the one he made about how the champions dev went overboard. (when really it was he who went underboard)

    our dev even said that endurance stance in ROI would be broken and he did not know what to do with it. which is pretty unproffessional to say the least, since it leaves a class unfinished.

    I seen how the Public relations guy stood up for our dev like negative hunter feedback was a personal attack instead of advice that needed to be acted on when people critisized him on changes. The fact of the matter is, they strayed from original primary roles of classes. They did not implement a plan that would ensure equal development of the game as new primary roles changed for few classes. It was done very very sloppy and with no reguard for new development to classes that were top of thier tiers in the first place with exception to the mini.

    The fact of the matter was, they were not even aware of the imbalances left behind from beta and afterwards, took everything personal and just flat out ignored the community by not being able to sort out elite hunters feedback. I knew that this was not a game problem, it was a dev staff problem that reached high up to the top even with the public relations staff. It reminds me of the FFXIV team that tried to say that the game was next generation and everyone just hated the thing, but in thier case the CEO of square realized the feedback and immediatly started to listen to the players and charged a team with implementation of player feedback when pre release sales took a dive downward. In lotro's case, there was no ceo that knew something was not right, because it had been only one class that truley was broken by thier new system. Both hunter dev and the public relations guy for lotro were as arogant as the ffxiv dev team was, and had convinced the top managment that nothing was wrong and it was just the players and not the class.

    Sure they had pretty convincing evidence but they were lacking the knowledge of top PVE hunters on the subject and only needed to sort through the massive mixed posts they were recieving. They had also had goals to path the hunters out of certain playstyles which was a disaster in the end, and till this day I dont think they even understand why.

    This was the basis of my decision to just delete every toon and quit, it was a hard choice but I had enough posts and pod casts of broken promises (one stood out was when ZC promised that if tanks had trouble with agro they would increase the agro for tanks and that they expected us to stack agi as high as possible, which I took as if we jack our agi to max ZC and the team would ensure that we would not suffer agro for godley unique dps) which showed proof of mismanagment of the class. In the end, the talking broke down and ZC no longer wished to sort through the mix of what he was hearing and had no plans to add new developments to a class (create a secondary role equal to champs very effective tanking ability + top tier dps or rk's effective healing + top tier dps which was added in the ROI expansion).

    When you have become an elite hunter in this game, theres really only one option in this game, sadly that is quit or reroll a champ or rk, so I stand with you bud and hope you dont let this game tear you down, just find a new game instead and you'll be happy and you wont regret it. I dint, and every year I still check back here like now, and know it was a great choice I made (not a single feedback since ROI has been implemented), instead of being unhappy and begging wortheless devs and fight public relation pitbulls for upgrades all these these years.

    After all, a game should be fun and make you happy, and when your maxed gear and traited it should feel so, and if it doesnt, then its no longer fun or a game, its work.
    Last edited by wolfers; Aug 04 2012 at 09:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    a solid post. i whole heartedly agree


    i replied to your first post on the RIP thread, and gave some ideas as to how to fix hunter.





    if the RIP thread gets enough views... some curious dev might actually peep in there :P

    RIP thread (post!)
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...nter-2007-2012
    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 04 2012 at 10:03 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    I wouldn't say hunters are quite as broken as you make them out to be, but I do agree that our class could use a good deal of love right now. We can still dish out top dps in most situations, but with several other classes with much greater secondary utility on our heels in terms of dps that just isn't enough these days! I've got my fingers crossed that Rohan gives us something decent (perhaps a good set bonus?), but after looking at the new skills we're getting I'm not getting my hopes up, they look pretty redundant and uninteresting.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000349948/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,740
    I had this huge post to defend the Hunter typed and then I deleted it. Oh well.

    All in all. Rough small version.

    The hunter is not as broken as people try to make it seem. Most of the time when I hear players gripe about the Hunter it is simply because it doesn't deal all the DPS a RK or Champ does.

    Whatever. Of all my classes of characters I play or have played my Hunter still nails out the most DPS. To be fair I have played him longer and I know my skill rotations and skill que to maximize my DPS. Other Classes not so but in no means that doesn't mean I can't play them in any game scenario including raids.

    Each class is more than just DPS or JUST Tanking or JUST Healing. Yes a Hunter is ranged DPS. Yes he deals it. He might not have the DPS he had back when Moria came out and every single player on a server rolled a Hunter because it was the top tier DPS killing machine. This in no way means he can't still dish out DPS or survive in the game.

    My favorite part is about the Hunter Moria Release roll out. Everyone was soooooooooooooooooooo happy to have a Hunter and everyone played one simply because it made the Watcher fight turn into a 10 Hunter 2 Minstrel fight where he died in 20 minutes or less since we could draw more aggro than anything as well as dish out 15k+ HS every 5 minutes. ( Personnal highest was 17k myself but thats aside the point )

    Why is this my favorite? Because Turbine altered the DPS to be less godly (it was damn godly and we all knew a change was going to hit ) and all those Hunter lovers became Hunter haters simply because the game wasn't EZMode anymore.

    I'll still take my Hunter over any of my other classes to play simply because it is fun to play. To me it will always have room to be changed in all kinds of ways BUT even if Turbine doesn't listen. I won't hate the class until the Ports Cost 100 rations a port and all my skills cost 500 power for 1 skill shot of any kind.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    169
    Yeah seriously hunters need a fix in raids, pvmp, and general survivibility and role.

    When burglars hit trouble they simply--

    Bibbity Bobbity Boo HIPS!

    For the hunter its more like--

    Bibbity Bobbity Boo RUN LIKE HELL!!

    Not effective.

    I've always been taught that good customer service is the most important part of a business. Ignoring customers whether they are right or wrong is honestly the worst thing to do. It shows that you dont care. Even saying "no" is better than saying nothing for goodness sake! But why is it ok for us hunters to be ignored? Are we not considered customers? Do we not play this game just like every other class?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #6
    I think threads with such negative, hopeless titles assures that they will ignored. Whinging threads don't help, constructive feedback at least has a chance to engage discussion and prompt dev responses.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiotvillage View Post
    I think threads with such negative, hopeless titles assures that they will ignored. Whinging threads don't help, constructive feedback at least has a chance to engage discussion and prompt dev responses.
    Are you new around here or something? We haven't seen a dev for over a year despite thousands of constructive suggestions. The guy flounced out in a huff long ago.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephollos View Post
    I wouldn't say hunters are quite as broken as you make them out to be, but I do agree that our class could use a good deal of love right now.
    Agreed. And don't see a whole lot here that is any different than the other thirty-five "hunters R broken!!!!!" threads this year.
    The player is more important than the class. And always has been. Raid groups I run with will take a skilled hunter over a lesser skilled Champ any day of the week.

    There are other classes to play in the game if hunter no longer suits a person. And other games to play. And as "broken" as the hunter is supposedly, there still seems to be a ton that enjoy playing them. I've taken to doing an informal census on my server. Of the 75s on that aren't anonymous, there are always 2.5- 4.5 X as many hunters as Burgs. And usually just a hair more Lore Masters than Burgs. So....can't be that bad. And if it is? Try a different class?
    Last edited by Irenmund; Aug 05 2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Parahelion - Burg, Krustii - Champ, Shurmann-Cappy, Tommac-Min, Lazarrus-LM, Thromdir-Hnt, Theodolan-Grd, Kozzmeaux - Bear - Dancing in the Dark kinship.
    Wrecks - Warg - The Black Blade

  9. #9
    I'm leveling up a Warden right now, and I have got to say that well over 50% of the people I encounter on my server in the mid-30's are playing Hunters. Hell, even on my level 75 hunter most groups that will take a hunter have two of them and 4 more trying to get an invite. Hunters are all over the place. Find and healer or a tank to jump in and fill a spot for that Link Dead mini or guard that left you in the middle of an instance... that's a challenge. Finding a Hunter... 2 maybe 3 minutes in prime time.

    Hunters are broken? Define broken... because (my perception of) player numbers are not reflecting that at all.

    The Hunter class my not be what you (we, 'cause I'm not happy with the class either), want right now, but what should the dev team do? Respond to the top 3 hunters on each server or the bottom 90%... who, to be frank, love the class with its easy travel, tracking, and range. I mean, I love to solo with my Hunter... it's only when I'm spamming /lff or watching the champ / RK out DPS me that I fill a little let down.

    I have got to admit, I think one of the major issues with the class is that it's so popular with the casual (me) player base and I don't see how making things better will fix that.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfers View Post

    When you have become an elite hunter in this game, theres really only one option in this game, sadly that is quit or reroll a champ or rk, so I stand with you bud and hope you dont let this game tear you down, just find a new game instead and you'll be happy and you wont regret it. I dint, and every year I still check back here like now, and know it was a great choice I made (not a single feedback since ROI has been implemented), instead of being unhappy and begging wortheless devs and fight public relation pitbulls for upgrades all these these years.
    As far as I know, Rk DPS is broken. Really broken. They parse at most 1800-1900 on a dummy and raiding Rks never posted something very impressive, where we can easely do 500 more DPS. Of course, champs are at a very good spot right know.

    I've red your post twice and the only precise grief I've found was endurance stance, which is, indeed, still broken. The rest was about desvs attitude, which, tbh, I dont care much.

    What hunters need:
    1) fixed interrupt.
    2) better threat mangement skill
    3) survival skills / minimal heal
    4) Useful trapper line.
    5) Fixed stances. Who runs withtout precision right now?

    And yet, I would't say hunters are totally broken. People ask me to DPS, I'm pretty good at it. In fact when I compare my DPS in raids, only champs are a real competition.

    --

    Concerning the forums: I agree, there is some constructive posts but they are flooded within 666 «hunters r broken!!!111» with meme photos, agressive talking and name calling. Do you really think you well get something with that? Stay calm and if the Hunters dev diary doesnt please you, by all means, have fun with GW2 or whatever.
    Last edited by Leonide; Aug 07 2012 at 11:23 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000004a797/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  11. #11
    As an "Elite" Hunter responding to this post I have to say your wrong. Yes you are right about some aspects of the class, about what the devs have done and where error has occurred. However the class is anything but broken. I agree in terms of stances there is only one useful one, this is stupid. Obviously there are issues regarding stances, survivability and such. Read about them in the upcoming dev diary this week it will make you feel better I'm sure.

    PvE
    There is not a class in the game that can out DPS a hunter who knows what hes doing and has the best gear. Feel free to link any parse from any player anywhere in the game in any fight and I will beat it with a FRAPS video. Even aoe pulls over champs with RoA traits in many circumstances with proper maxed out melee LI with low cut bleeds. If you are pulling agro your guardian sucks. I've done over 4-5k DPS in acid and not pulled agro.

    Moors
    There is not one Reaver, WL, Warg, or Spider I cannot beat in a 1v1 on my server, Ba's of course with evade the best ones I can't do if they pop evade uruk and vt. I've even been able to kill 2 ranked creeps in 2v1 sometimes with man-heal. I'm sick and tired of these posts about how bad the hunter is. My ego has never been higher and I am very happy with where I am right now except for moors survivability. But even then I manage, I solo a ton but still have a 40 kd ratio at r14 and at the moment im sitting at 2k rating playing aggressive, Brandywine is a very active server with a boatload of wargs.

    From reading your post all I read is you "thought" you were an elite hunter. If you can talk like an &&& like me and actually pull it off then youll be in the place where you never quite the game. Cheers.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Aug 08 2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    872

    Genuine LoL

    So, let me get this straight, you have left Lotro, deleted your hunter and other toons, and yet you are still visiting the forums to moan?

    Well Sparky I know hating on hunters (by hunters) is all the rage but:

    If you don't want to play Lotro that's cool, and your choice. Others do. Our choice. Please respect ours, we didn't argue with yours.
    If you feel aggrieved by events during the life of your toon that's sad, but as you don't play anymore kinda irrelevant now.
    If you expected the game to curl up and die due to the loss of the your uber-hunter toon, it didn't.
    If you expect all the other hunters to quit in support to make the game die, they won't, and in any case it wouldn't.
    If you expect the title and content of your post to put people off rolling hunters, judging by numbers online it won't.

    Perhaps you could make your impassioned, bitter, emotive posts on the forums of whatever game it is that you practice your 1337 skillz on now. In fact if you drop me a link to the forums I'll pop over and explain how bad a game it is, and how bad the toons are. Not that I actually play.

    I'll carry on playing my hunter here at Lotro thanks, I'll carry on reading the forums. I'll read complaints and positives alike from hunters across all the servers here, some I'll agree with, some maybe not. But the last person I'll be taking advice from is some dramatist whose door-slamming hissy-fit exit from the game was clearly such a non-event that they have to come back to try and make more waves.
    Last edited by Damojo; Aug 10 2012 at 09:29 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Damojo View Post
    So, let me get this straight, you have left Lotro, deleted your hunter and other toons, and yet you are still visiting the forums to moan?

    Well Sparky I know hating on hunters (by hunters) is all the rage but:

    If you don't want to play Lotro that's cool, and your choice. Others do. Our choice. Please respect ours, we didn't argue with yours.
    If you feel aggrieved by events during the life of your toon that's sad, but as you don't play anymore kinda irrelevant now.
    If you expected the game to curl up and die due to the loss of the your uber-hunter toon, it didn't.
    If you expect all the other hunters to quit in support to make the game die, they won't, and in any case it wouldn't.
    If you expect the title and content of your post to put people off rolling hunters, judging by numbers online it won't.

    Perhaps you could make your impassioned, bitter, emotive posts on the forums of whatever game it is that you practice your 1337 skillz on now. In fact if you drop me a link to the forums I'll pop over and explain how bad a game it is, and how bad the toons are. Not that I actually play.

    I'll carry on playing my hunter here at Lotro thanks, I'll carry on reading the forums. I'll read complaints and positives alike from hunters across all the servers here, some I'll agree with, some maybe not. But the last person I'll be taking advice from is some dramatist whose door-slamming hissy-fit exit from the game was clearly such a non-event that they have to come back to try and make more waves.
    +rep!
    Mellar@Gladden, DOTH Hunter.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    I read the forums too much because I'm so sick of people saying the same incorret stuff over and over as if they think it's new or true. Its my own fault, others that don't read it alot have every right to make these same inaccurate assumptions and repeat them. I just wish they could be filtered some how.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    Each class is more than just DPS or JUST Tanking or JUST Healing.
    Really? Lets look at Lightning Boss T2C fight. Something very commonly run and lets see what the other classes are doing in there.

    Mini - Buffing and Healing
    LM - Debuffing, healing power and morale, providing Stun Immunity and DPS'ing
    Captain - Healing, buffing, dpsing
    Guardian - Tanking OR dps'ing (two tanks for trash, using the one tank strat)
    Champion - DPS'ing & tanking (aggroing light balls)
    Burglar - DPS'ing, buffing and debuffing
    Warden - Tanking or dps'ing same as Guard
    RK - Healing or DPS'ing
    Hunter - DPS ONLY!!!!!!

    How many other fights are like this? There's been so many, the turtle, durchest, the LT of DG, the fire boss in Orthanc Forges, the lightning boss in SG, Draigoch, Dragnakh and on and on it goes. If there is no CC, other than DPS what the hunter do? So yes, each class is more than just dps or tanking or healing EXCEPT US!

    Yes a Hunter is ranged DPS. Yes he deals it. He might not have the DPS he had back when Moria came out and every single player on a server rolled a Hunter because it was the top tier DPS killing machine.
    Why is Moria always brought up whenever someone says hunters need to be fixed? Over the 5 year history of the game, that period was like not even 6 months, I don' t think. Most players that play now, weren't playing then. Minstrels, champs and RK's are every bit as powerful now as the hunter was then. Why does the hyperbole always flow from Book 6?

    Turbine uses this excuse too. "Oh those hunters, they just want to be like they were in book 6".

    Let me beat this into your brain:

    It's not about dps.

    It's about utility.

    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility

    Utility, capice?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    As an "Elite" Hunter responding to this post I have to say your wrong. Yes you are right about some aspects of the class, about what the devs have done and where error has occurred. However the class is anything but broken. I agree in terms of stances there is only one useful one, this is stupid. Obviously there are issues regarding stances, survivability and such. Read about them in the upcoming dev diary this week it will make you feel better I'm sure.

    PvE
    There is not a class in the game that can out DPS a hunter who knows what hes doing and has the best gear. Feel free to link any parse from any player anywhere in the game in any fight and I will beat it with a FRAPS video. Even aoe pulls over champs with RoA traits in many circumstances with proper maxed out melee LI with low cut bleeds. If you are pulling agro your guardian sucks. I've done over 4-5k DPS in acid and not pulled agro.

    Moors
    There is not one Reaver, WL, Warg, or Spider I cannot beat in a 1v1 on my server, Ba's of course with evade the best ones I can't do if they pop evade uruk and vt. I've even been able to kill 2 ranked creeps in 2v1 sometimes with man-heal. I'm sick and tired of these posts about how bad the hunter is. My ego has never been higher and I am very happy with where I am right now except for moors survivability. But even then I manage, I solo a ton but still have a 40 kd ratio at r14 and at the moment im sitting at 2k rating playing aggressive, Brandywine is a very active server with a boatload of wargs.

    From reading your post all I read is you "thought" you were an elite hunter. If you can talk like an &&& like me and actually pull it off then youll be in the place where you never quite the game. Cheers.
    L33T hunter. Did you know, back in the day, the term "hunter turret" was an insult? This was the term the hunters used to describe the hunter that just spun around in a circle spamming 1, 2, 3. Ezmode. Unimaginative.

    Now, due to the broken nature of this class, the "hunter turrets" like you are celebrated. Yelk, you're a good leader, for that I will give you credit. But as a hunter? You're below average. As a mouse turner, you're above average. Try and learn the difference before you post this stuff again.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Colorspecs put it very well. Utility is the name of the game in pve and pvmp...



    I would love for hunter to be given a unique ranged tanking line for yellow and have a really unique playsyle as a ranged off tank.

    It would also help in the moors since currently we are warg food since we can't survive or do dps while getting hit



    If we had that ranged tanking utility with some moves on the move with a penalty to damage, with bonuses to threat, we could be useful as an off tank and a dps class (eyes champs, guards) but our difference will be that we will rely on kites and a mixture of on the move ranged skills and higher threat and damage grossing induction skills.

    This will help in the moors and in the raids.



    With the release notes for hunter out... It seems there is no one at turbine who is really listening or doing anything about hunters. They threw us a few crumbling bones and they sadly are met with some overjoyed hunters who are happy with anything.... Thinking that cry of hunters will solve all their problems... And then post release they meet the ugly truth like I have for 5 years .


    Hunter seemingly is always going farther down....


    MoM...... We got epic uber dps.... Didn't matter that our survival sucked.... We asked for a trade of dps for survival.... We got a big fat nerf stick and nothing in return.


    RoI.... We got epic uber dps..... Didn't matter that our survival sucked..... We got it ripped from us when audacity got introduced in the moors and we still have about as much survival as MoM while everyone else has RoI levels.

    RoR predicted outcome?

    We get nothing. We lose. We get a half baked thrown together in 5 min joke of a survival skill that looks like a stained glass window. Projected lower dps.... Projected lower survival....



    Nothing

    Zip


    Surival will still suck. Half baked skill will be worthless pvp and raid wise... If they had just given us 0 induction press onward...


    As a funky haired candy maker once said:





    You get... Nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

  17. #17
    Oh c'mon Lendas, you can't say those words without a pic or gif to go with it! Here, let me assist you, because we all know Hunters have the u83r l337 utility...



    There we go.
    My other Warhorse is a Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit,[I] Defiant-Class[/I], [I]U.S.S. Say My Name[/I], NCC-93144

  18. #18
    Not much at all wrong with my hunter, hasn't been for a long time, minor tweaking could do wonders.

    I'd also hope turbine don't put much stock in the opinions of people who go around claiming they are the best at anything because they have good gear etc without even knowing eveyone else out there. Quite obviously these people already believe that they're way is the only way and want things changed to fit exactly that.

    For all you know there are predominately solo players who play the class far better than you ever will, maybe they like things the way they are or want something different changed.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kannagi <mine>
    Posts
    3,809
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Why is Moria always brought up whenever someone says hunters need to be fixed? Over the 5 year history of the game, that period was like not even 6 months, I don' t think.
    Moria launched in November '08, I quit in January '09, and the Book 7 nerf warheads fell in early February '09. So around 3 months. I remember, 'cause I was damn glad I quit before the nerfs were announced. Would have looked bad if I'd quit afterwards.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=dimgray]::: [SIZE=3][URL="http://waywatchersofcardolan.guildportal.com"][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]W[/SIZE]aywatchers of [SIZE=4]C[/SIZE]ardolan[/COLOR][/URL] [SIZE=2]:[/SIZE] [URL="http://palantiri.guildportal.com"][COLOR=LightBlue][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]P[/SIZE]alantiri[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE] :::[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/balgr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Balgr Snowmantle[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Curmudgeon[/COLOR] :[SIZE=4][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/saladoc/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Saladoc Willowleaf[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Stick-in-the-mud[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ciruth/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Ciruth of Gondor[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Itinerant Scholar[/COLOR] : [COLOR=LemonChiffon][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/halvr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Halvr[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/khasi/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Khasi Flamebrow[/COLOR][/URL], and [COLOR=LemonChiffon]Kholi[/COLOR][COLOR=Silver]: At your service![/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/MrPinstripes/FFXI%20Stuff/AustrevenMH21409.jpg"][COLOR=dimgray]Austreven[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=3][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]of Cobalt (Bismarck)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    LOL Ty Eoburn.... The quality of my posts has Dropped because I'm posting while traveling... Once I'm back I'll be giving my full fledged posts with gifs and all.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    LOL Ty Eoburn.... The quality of my posts has Dropped because I'm posting while traveling... Once I'm back I'll be giving my full fledged posts with gifs and all.
    My other Warhorse is a Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit,[I] Defiant-Class[/I], [I]U.S.S. Say My Name[/I], NCC-93144

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    I had this huge post to defend the Hunter typed and then I deleted it. Oh well.

    All in all. Rough small version.

    The hunter is not as broken as people try to make it seem. Most of the time when I hear players gripe about the Hunter it is simply because it doesn't deal all the DPS a RK or Champ does.

    Whatever. Of all my classes of characters I play or have played my Hunter still nails out the most DPS. To be fair I have played him longer and I know my skill rotations and skill que to maximize my DPS. Other Classes not so but in no means that doesn't mean I can't play them in any game scenario including raids.

    Each class is more than just DPS or JUST Tanking or JUST Healing. Yes a Hunter is ranged DPS. Yes he deals it. He might not have the DPS he had back when Moria came out and every single player on a server rolled a Hunter because it was the top tier DPS killing machine. This in no way means he can't still dish out DPS or survive in the game.

    My favorite part is about the Hunter Moria Release roll out. Everyone was soooooooooooooooooooo happy to have a Hunter and everyone played one simply because it made the Watcher fight turn into a 10 Hunter 2 Minstrel fight where he died in 20 minutes or less since we could draw more aggro than anything as well as dish out 15k+ HS every 5 minutes. ( Personnal highest was 17k myself but thats aside the point )

    Why is this my favorite? Because Turbine altered the DPS to be less godly (it was damn godly and we all knew a change was going to hit ) and all those Hunter lovers became Hunter haters simply because the game wasn't EZMode anymore.

    I'll still take my Hunter over any of my other classes to play simply because it is fun to play. To me it will always have room to be changed in all kinds of ways BUT even if Turbine doesn't listen. I won't hate the class until the Ports Cost 100 rations a port and all my skills cost 500 power for 1 skill shot of any kind.
    Anyone can roll a huter and do dps. The ezmode of this class is its draw to the masses. The problems we see are when we want to elevate the hunter to another level. Played to the edge a hunter has so many inconsitancies to their skills and LIs that it really hampers someone who wants to be that end game player. Every class has a few head scratchers but the hunter is LOADED with them. The devs lost the way with hunters in Moria. It bacame give them bigger booms... then oopppss too many limit them.. and they added useless skills and had no clear thought on where to take the class. Give a paper armor dps machine some kick &&& AOE... we do you know it when traited... sounds great until 8 of your new friends rush to your house for dinner.... where is the logic in this? If you do this you need to give the hunter the skills to acutally survive the damage from the AOE mobs. Nope throw it out there and see if it works... nope didn't work .. fix it? Nah, let it go and another useless trait enters the hunter books cough.. split shot.. again great more pips... hey where did these guys come from? Why am I dead I just got full focus.... hmmmmm...

    This is what drives hunters nuts. Skills given without thought or consideration. Devs toss this out and have no clue how a hunter works, dpses or survives.

    Tydalmir
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000043945/signature.png]Rancor[/charsig]

    Vyxe said, "Cheer up it could be worse out here tonight." So we all cheered up, and wouldn't you know it.... things got worse!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinluen View Post
    Give a paper armor dps machine some kick &&& AOE... we do you know it when traited... sounds great until 8 of your new friends rush to your house for dinner.... where is the logic in this? If you do this you need to give the hunter the skills to acutally survive the damage from the AOE mobs. Nope throw it out there and see if it works... nope didn't work ..
    A class with AOE skills needs to be careful how and when they use them. A hunter who pulls a bunch of things onto themselves is playing poorly in most cases....Or the tank is. Don't lob AOE skills into a pile of things until the tank has had a chance to get a grip on them? A small percentage of hunters (quite often those that play tanking classes) can also recognize which skills the tank is landing (Guardian in this example). See the Guard hit Litany and Shield Taunt and they landed? Yeah...now it would be a good time to AOE. 2 seconds after the fight starts? Not smart... No surprise to me that Turbine isn't going to make it easy for a DPS class to put out a pile of damage without aggro consequences.
    Parahelion - Burg, Krustii - Champ, Shurmann-Cappy, Tommac-Min, Lazarrus-LM, Thromdir-Hnt, Theodolan-Grd, Kozzmeaux - Bear - Dancing in the Dark kinship.
    Wrecks - Warg - The Black Blade

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Irenmund View Post
    A class with AOE skills needs to be careful how and when they use them. A hunter who pulls a bunch of things onto themselves is playing poorly in most cases....Or the tank is. Don't lob AOE skills into a pile of things until the tank has had a chance to get a grip on them? A small percentage of hunters (quite often those that play tanking classes) can also recognize which skills the tank is landing (Guardian in this example). See the Guard hit Litany and Shield Taunt and they landed? Yeah...now it would be a good time to AOE. 2 seconds after the fight starts? Not smart... No surprise to me that Turbine isn't going to make it easy for a DPS class to put out a pile of damage without aggro consequences.
    So champs get #1 aoe and single target dps, your point is? Would be bad for a guard to try and hold that. Works better with 2 champs and 2 AOE hunters. Things die fast and champs can mostly hold aggro better than any guard through dps only.

    This is exactly what I mean.. devs ho boy champs are now equal to hunters in single target dps... what do we do? I know give hunters some AOE that levels the playing field. That is the thought process and you see the results. I could go on and on but I did that in a post already trust me there are TONS of these gems hidden inside the crunchy outer shell of hunter skill problems.

    Tydalmir
    Last edited by Tinluen; Aug 11 2012 at 05:21 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000043945/signature.png]Rancor[/charsig]

    Vyxe said, "Cheer up it could be worse out here tonight." So we all cheered up, and wouldn't you know it.... things got worse!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    I read the forums too much because I'm so sick of people saying the same incorret stuff over and over as if they think it's new or true. Its my own fault, others that don't read it alot have every right to make these same inaccurate assumptions and repeat them. I just wish they could be filtered some how.



    Really? Lets look at Lightning Boss T2C fight. Something very commonly run and lets see what the other classes are doing in there.

    Mini - Buffing and Healing
    LM - Debuffing, healing power and morale, providing Stun Immunity and DPS'ing
    Captain - Healing, buffing, dpsing
    Guardian - Tanking OR dps'ing (two tanks for trash, using the one tank strat)
    Champion - DPS'ing & tanking (aggroing light balls)
    Burglar - DPS'ing, buffing and debuffing
    Warden - Tanking or dps'ing same as Guard
    RK - Healing or DPS'ing
    Hunter - DPS ONLY!!!!!!

    How many other fights are like this? There's been so many, the turtle, durchest, the LT of DG, the fire boss in Orthanc Forges, the lightning boss in SG, Draigoch, Dragnakh and on and on it goes. If there is no CC, other than DPS what the hunter do? So yes, each class is more than just dps or tanking or healing EXCEPT US!



    Why is Moria always brought up whenever someone says hunters need to be fixed? Over the 5 year history of the game, that period was like not even 6 months, I don' t think. Most players that play now, weren't playing then. Minstrels, champs and RK's are every bit as powerful now as the hunter was then. Why does the hyperbole always flow from Book 6?

    Turbine uses this excuse too. "Oh those hunters, they just want to be like they were in book 6".

    Let me beat this into your brain:

    It's not about dps.

    It's about utility.

    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility
    utility

    Utility, capice?
    Reading your post can be set to a point out to your point. Few things here.

    1. You dont like it when people point to the Moria release date? Why not? Our DPS was ungodly high compared to any class at the time and they cut us back after about 2 months or so. In that time frame every mother under the son (including everyone in my Kinship minus 1 or 2) rolled a Hunter simply because the DPS really was that high. They wanted the ez ticket. Once Turbine changed that the only thing most of them went back to a hunter for was either to PvMP or to craft and port people around in the kin but all else was ignored.

    2. Utility. The Hunter has been about Utility since it came out but it is also mentioned as Ranged DPS. For all intents and purposes before the RK was introduced we were the "Glass Cannon" of LOTRO. Now that title goes to the RK. Regardless though the Hunter is still DPS. With current settup you can trait all classes for a DPS format. Course under typical conditions the 3 primary DPS classes will usually out the others but this isn't always entirely true.

    3. You now bring into the Raid aspect of things. Thats fine. Raids are a class use specific in alot of groups. Many times more than not in a raid a class is requested for a singular roll vs multiple so yes in the Lightning fight here you would want the Hunter for DPS but we have plenty of other raids where you can have a Hunter be CC vs DPS if your raid leader opted for it.

    All in all my information is still correct in its point out. Hunters are still DPS. They are also Utility as it has been since the day it was conceived of a class but some never really noticed it till end lvl play.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload